shape
carat
color
clarity

and you thought b-bags were expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Accidentally found this Hermes purse while looking at Cartier jewelry on ebay. Price tag....$18,450.
6.gif
23.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/VENETIAN-ESPRESSO-HERMES-Birkin-30-Ostrich-Bag-Brown_W0QQitemZ280088448758QQihZ018QQcategoryZ63852QQcmdZViewItem

MMy hubby saw an article about a crocodile or ostriche birkin with a platinum and diamond clasp that sold from Hermes in Bev Hills for 150,000.00. I would much rather have lots of bling for that!

ostrich skin grosses me out... it just makes my skin crawl. and touching it would literally make me gag.
14.gif

Yikes...that bag is not even attractive to me!!!

Not to hijack this thread, but here''s a Louis Vuitton that costs $42,000!

I have several LV''s and I am a fan, but this is the uglist thing they have ever produced. And since it looks trendy (being generous here), its not going to have the timelessness of other LV styles. Ewww.

http://www.bagsnob.com/2007/02/louis_vuitton_tribute_patchwor.html

(also click on the link to view the smaller twin to this bag. Its even worse)

Date: 3/6/2007 9:54:26 PM
Author: goldenstar

I have several LV''s and I am a fan, but this is the uglist thing they have ever produced. And since it looks trendy (being generous here), its not going to have the timelessness of other LV styles. Ewww.

14.gif
Just goes to show...not everything that is expensive is covet-worthy!! I mean DANG, that''s the cost of a NICE CAR right there!!!

can you say FUGLY? That LV bag has to be the biggest joke ever...

I agree, Ostrich looks pimply to me, like it is reacting to it''s own ugliness.

Date: 3/6/2007 9:35:45 PM
Author: diamondfan
MMy hubby saw an article about a crocodile or ostriche birkin with a platinum and diamond clasp that sold from Hermes in Bev Hills for 150,000.00. I would much rather have lots of bling for that!
You''re not kidding! I''d have a lot more fun in a jewelry store with $150,000!

Date: 3/6/2007 9:54:26 PM
Author: goldenstar

That is ugly! I can''t imagine anyone buying it! At least the Hermes bag looks expensive (to me, anyway)!

when luckyhonu and i were at the SF GTG a few months back, we went to the Hermes store and saw that $150K bag. It''s funny because it''s an uber-status symbol, but there is such a small percentage of people that would even reconginize its worth. i''d much rather spend $150K on a diamond. if you have a BIG FAT HONKING diamond on your hand, the sparkles send a universal message of wealth, importance, and of course excellent taste.

I know! I have so many things I could see buying bling wise, for that 150 K. An amazing diamond necklace, or great earrings a la Oprah, or an amazing cuff bracelet...or a combo of all three...one purse? No way, even though I am an Hermes fan and have 5 bags, I would not spend that on ONE bag...(won't hubby be thrilled to know I have some sense?!)

23.gif
23.gif

omg what about that new LV that just came out that is made from pieces of other LV bags? has anyone seen that? it was in my US weekly last week. i think it was $25k? it is so ugly by the way. hahaha. but i'm sure people will buy it!

eta oh i just noticed goldenstar already posted the LV thing, too funny. and 42k? yikes..even more than i remember from the mag. haha. still ugly!

Sadly there is always a rich a** who wants to look cool, but they usually GIVE them to people like Paris or whoever is hot for the moment, so they are seen around town and the buzz increases. Some of that stuff is SOOO fugly I would rather use a brown paper bag as a purse! What is it they say about a fool and his (or her) money?!

louisvuitton42k.jpg

Here''s the one goldenstar posted a link to. Looks like a pre school art project! That is seriously bad!!!!! I really couldn''t believe it when i saw it...

It didn''t show up Miranda, can you try it again?? I really want to see it.

What a gross amount of money to spend on a bag. I guess the super rich don''t need to look at a price tag, if they like an item, they just buy it without thinking of the cost. A rather nice thought, but there again, I think you appreciate something more if you have to save, save, save, to get it.

Yikes, that is hideous!!!!!!

louisvuitton42k.jpg

Can you see it now Kaleigh??

Date: 3/6/2007 9:45:37 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Yikes...that bag is not even attractive to me!!!
I was thinking the samething!

As much as I love handbags these prices are ridiculous! I would be terrified to carry a bag that cost that much and some of them are so trendy looking!!! I agree that for that kind of money it ought to be jewelry (or maybe real estate).

I don''t get it?? I would much rather have a classic piece of jewelry.

20.gif
I totally just watched the Sex and the City episode where Samantha name drops Lucy Liu so she can cut to the front of the wait list for a bright red Birkin. Too funny. =)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP