shape
carat
color
clarity

And the New Toilet Paper is...

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was at the store on Sunday, there didn’t seem to be shortages on paper products but we have a few extra packages just in case. I also still have eight boxes of tissues I bought during the first lockdown in case we couldn’t get toilet paper.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted this on another thread, but if you can't get TP anywhere, consider this source. We love their bamboo TP and use it now in preference to our old favorite, Scott. Because it's 3-ply we find a roll lasts as long as the 1000-sheet Scott roll does. It breaks up fast in water so it won't clog your plumbing system. It gets delivered to your door.
On top of that, the company does good-- they build toilets in developing countries.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
No shortages whatsoever here. BUT
To keep people from lingering endlessly in different shops they deemed florists & bookshops non-essentia among many othersl. They get govt aides ( money & skill) as well as the basic shop system though, to get a website with shop and click &collect options running fast. ...frankly, a 5 y/O can set up a basic website with shop nowadays...Then the respective trade organizations sued, because in certain big supermarkets one can still buy books and flowers.

Now that is officially prohibited to sell everywhere:doh:...
So we're in lockdown and without flowers.

Non biggie, but I guess the flower suppliers were not necessarily pleased..

So no sending flowers to sick people :(2
From what ive read those supermarket rules are way too many

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
No shortage here but they now only seem to do packs of 6 long rolls or 12 and over - some weeks precovid i would only need to buy a 4 pack to top us up
I always liked to have a 4 pack in the back of the linen cupboard for emergency run out, but just by buying normally ive managed to squirrel away an extra 4 pack and a 12 pack so i have 20 spair rolls !
Unheard of in this house !

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some areas in the US are starting to see toilet paper shortages again... thats crazy

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband went to Costco's two weeks ago and they were out of paper towels. No luck today either. Ugh.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite antacids are unavailable again this month on Amazon. Getting desperate. I actually broke open my emergency backup bottle of Tums.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite antacids are unavailable again this month on Amazon. Getting desperate. I actually broke open my emergency backup bottle of Tums.

@TooPatient have you ever tried these? They are safer (IMO) than antacids and work similarly.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was at Target yesterday - empty TP shelves, very picked over tissue and paper towels as well. :(

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snow bird season here. Lots of people on a facebook group I'm on complaining about empty paper towel and toilet paper shelves which, surprises me very little. I guess people figure we have no mask mandate here, they're free to do whatever. What they fail to realize is that our numbers are rising just like every other place in the country and bed space in a hospital is low.

I'm thankful that at least Disney is being a hardass about masking up. I wish our governor were 50% on par with it.

Governor's mansion is closed to visitors though, how convenient:roll2:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snow bird season here. Lots of people on a facebook group I'm on complaining about empty paper towel and toilet paper shelves which, surprises me very little. I guess people figure we have no mask mandate here, they're free to do whatever. What they fail to realize is that our numbers are rising just like every other place in the country and bed space in a hospital is low.

I'm thankful that at least Disney is being a hardass about masking up. I wish our governor were 50% on par with it.

Governor's mansion is closed to visitors though, how convenient:roll2:

If Disney were truly smart, they wouldn’t be open at all.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient have you ever tried these? They are safer (IMO) than antacids and work similarly.

Looks interesting! I will get an order in when they are available again if I can't find them from another supplier.

It will help when we get things more settled here. I forget to eat and then get in a rush so haven't been fully wheat free. Both of those make me feel far worse.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks interesting! I will get an order in when they are available again if I can't find them from another supplier.

It will help when we get things more settled here. I forget to eat and then get in a rush so haven't been fully wheat free. Both of those make me feel far worse.

If you google I bet you can find them. BRB.
ok it’s on Amazon. I don’t know how to link from Amazon on my phone. Google on Amazon

Nature's Way DGL ULTRA 10:1 Extra Strength, 75 mg per serving, German Chocolate Flavored, 90 Chewables

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes for sure. I can’t eat dairy or gluten or soy etc. Avoiding our triggers help.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No canned pumpkin today at Stop & Shop supermarket. Such an odd item not to be available. Did farmers not plant pumpkins this year?
Edit: Googled it. Apparently there was a later-than- usual harvest this year due to weather.

Fortunately I have a little sugar pumpkin that I can cook up to make a pie next week. Except I don't acutally make pie...I just make the pumpkin pie filling and bake it in casserole dish, in a hot water bath. (I'm not a fan of pie crust.)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
No canned pumpkin today at Stop & Shop supermarket. Such an odd item not to be available. Did farmers not plant pumpkins this year?
Edit: Googled it. Apparently there was a later-than- usual harvest this year due to weather.

Fortunately I have a little sugar pumpkin that I can cook up to make a pie next week. Except I don't acutally make pie...I just make the pumpkin pie filling and bake it in casserole dish, in a hot water bath. (I'm not a fan of pie crust.)

I don't get canned pumpkin
Ok it can be hard to cut it up
And ive got a scare because of a pumpkin where i cut my finger

But its so easy to bung in the oven and sprinkle mixed spice over
(I was so disappointed to recently learn that pumpkin spice is just mixed spice than every bodies grandmother had in her spice rack )

In seaaon pumpkins are so cheap
My mum had an American pen freind so we would have pumpkin pie a couple of times a year growing up

but thanks for the tip of making it without the crust
i saw a recepie just before for a rum ginger version i might try

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, cutting it up...hard on my thumb joints.

Ive seen it pre cut into little cubes in the supernarket (for soup ?)

Gary isnt really a fan of pumpkin so i usually just buy a cut piece

I beleave you can bake the entire thing in the oven as is but you wouldn't be able to put any herbs or spices on

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer using a can opener than scooping out a pumpkin. I’m allergic to the insides of a pumpkin. I get a rash whenever i touch that stringy stuff. It might be a mental thing though.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer using a can opener than scooping out a pumpkin. I’m allergic to the insides of a pumpkin. I get a rash whenever i touch that stringy stuff. It might be a mental thing though.

My hands shrivel and dry severely. Like so bad I can't open my fingers.... Not sure if it is the skin or the stringy bits that do that to me.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At my Costco today, there were plenty of paper towels but no name brand or Kirkland brand toilet paper. They only had bamboo toilet paper which was the first time I've seen that at Costco. Luckily, between DH"s bidet and my squatty potty, both purchased years before covid, we don't need much toilet paper. My local grocery store is currently well stocked with all paper products and usual brands.

I use canned pumpkin throughout the year as part of my cat food ingredients and had a lot of trouble finding it during the summer. It is a seasonal item at Costco (available October, November and maybe December), so I usually stock up from there once a year. During my last visit, I bought twice as much than I normally would so I won't run out early and have to search in the grocery stores again. Other than that, we're not stocking up on anything.

Fingers crossed for supply chains holding up!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Costco is cleaned out where I live (no pun intended) and the local grocery store had a ton of it. No paper towels either.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Costco here is out of all paper products. Grocery stores are low too except for the most expensive brands and those are in short supply. Stores are back to limiting paper products and disinfectants to 2 per family.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mary poppins I also use pumpkin for my dog. I've seen the price kind of skyrocket which is rather alarming. resorted to getting dehydrated pumpkin for her which I can get locally. expensive, but cuts back on waste which actually lasts longer for us.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got to feel for the manufacturers and even the middle men trying to balance supply and demand not to mention storage

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Desided we had more than enough toilet paper so i didn't buy any with the groceries
spent the money on a hazelnut coffee i like i usually for go
Have had too much fibre the last two/ three days and i think that coffee has something in it like an artifical sweetener that's not helping the 'situation'
Hope i now don't regret going into my stash ....
Sigh

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
image.png.12598bc3801b88f6315295a5947cda5d.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results