shape
carat
color
clarity

And now for some good news... Rove is going down

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2006 4:48:37 PM
Author: tulip928

Date: 5/13/2006 3:35:34 PM
Author: colormyworld
I take it by your lack of response to my first question that you do not know what info the gov''t. is gathering on you, me or any one. As far as the info being gathered by the computers they just condense it down to a level that will allow agents of the government to sift through it.
I was brought up believing in the BILL OF RIGHTS! Maybe you are ready to give your right to be free from unreasonable search but I am not and never will be. We are going down a very slippery slope and I wonder where the bottom of the slope is!!!!!
There is a Freedom of Information Act - I''m sure you can request to find out for yourself what info. the government has on you.

Which of your rights named in the BILL OF RIGHTS! is being violated? You are not being unreasonably searched or seized. Reviewing anonymous phone records doesn''t violate any right. Your name is not even attached to the record. Look up the Communication Assistance Law Enforcement Act. The phone company has more of your private information than the government. What gives them the right? The government would have to get a warrant to get your name if your phone number got flagged because you were communicating with a known terrorist phone number. What information specifically do you think is being condensed down from computers? That is a very vague statement. Also *government* is also a vague word - do you mean you think the FBI is gathering information on each and every one of us? Do you believe there is a certain type of American they''re out to get? Who are these ''agents'' that are out to get us, the law abiding citizens, and not terrorist and enemies within the United States? I can''t think of anybody I know who has been interrogated or taken into custody.
does cointelpro ring any bells anywhere?!

movie zombie

rubydick

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/13/2006 6:21:50 PM
Author: movie zombie

I take it by your lack of response to my first question that you do not know what info the gov''t. is gathering on you, me or any one. As far as the info being gathered by the computers they just condense it down to a level that will allow agents of the government to sift through it.

I was brought up believing in the BILL OF RIGHTS! Maybe you are ready to give your right to be free from unreasonable search but I am not and never will be. We are going down a very slippery slope and I wonder where the bottom of the slope is!!!!!
There is a Freedom of Information Act - I''m sure you can request to find out for yourself what info. the government has on you.

Which of your rights named in the BILL OF RIGHTS! is being violated? You are not being unreasonably searched or seized. Reviewing anonymous phone records doesn''t violate any right. Your name is not even attached to the record. Look up the Communication Assistance Law Enforcement Act. The phone company has more of your private information than the government. What gives them the right? The government would have to get a warrant to get your name if your phone number got flagged because you were communicating with a known terrorist phone number. What information specifically do you think is being condensed down from computers? That is a very vague statement. Also *government* is also a vague word - do you mean you think the FBI is gathering information on each and every one of us? Do you believe there is a certain type of American they''re out to get? Who are these ''agents'' that are out to get us, the law abiding citizens, and not terrorist and enemies within the United States? I can''t think of anybody I know who has been interrogated or taken into custody.

does cointelpro ring any bells anywhere?!

movie zombie

Yes, it does. Some might like to read Greg Palast''s latest on this:

THE SPIES WHO SHAG US
THE TIMES AND USA TODAY HAVE MISSED THE BIGGER STORY -- AGAIN

And to get back on topic, apparently Rove was served with papers today.

Karl Rove Indicted on Charges of Perjury, Lying to Investigators

This is also an interesting piece on the Washington Post poll:

Bush League

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

I can think of someone I know who has been and he is a decorated gulf war 1 veteran with 2 purple hearts.
He was questioned for hours about posting on a pro-gun web site.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2006 1:10:12 PM
Author: movie zombie
Date: 5/13/2006 9:02:58 AM

Author: strmrdr

I rather get blown to bits by a terrorist bomb than have the goverment listen to all my phone calls and read my email.

To me the latter is worse than the former.

Its not living unless your free.

and another amen, brother, amen: i''m with brother Storm and don''t mind being called a member of a cult just because i think the US Constitution matters and believe in our Bill of Rights.

movie zombie

pa any cult that can include Storm and Richard is interesting indeed! one thing this is uniting the so-called left and so-called right is the spector of fascism.

ssssssssssshhhhhhhh but there isnt that much difference between us when it comes to freedom.
We mainly disagree on the size and role of goverment and to be honest arent too far off on most of it.
I dislike both political parties I just dislike the Dems a little more because of the gun controll issue.
Bush has totaly ticked me off on freedom issues and the border.
There are plenty of people in both political parties that need to be in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results