shape
carat
color
clarity

...and in New York?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"If you're at a fine New York City dining establishment this evening and hear weeping at a nearby table, do not be dismayed. It is most likely the aftermath of an engagement proposition."

Valentine's Day in New York

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF:

Thats neat. I''ve seen the ones at baseball games. A few months back there was one at the arch. The guy had his friends laying at the bottom to spell the words and they took the ride up the arch and she looked out and saw the proposal- that was the coolest ive seen! It was in the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

Where did you meet your hubby and how''d he propose?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i guess i''m more of a traditionalist....those ideas were just crazy!
thanks for sharing deb.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2005 8
6.gif
5:22 AM
Author: yellowfan
Where did you meet your hubby and how''d he propose?

I met mine in Paris and he proposed in the Kam Lin restaurant on rue de la Harpe.

Deb :)

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Paris! How romantic!
21.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF,
Thanks for posting that story! I''m such a sucker for Valentines Day and romance.

I was watching Good Morning America today and a man had arranged an on-air proposal from Disneyworld. His future fiance was seated on what appeared to be a royal throne with the look of terror on her face. After the man proposed, his children rolled up in Cinderella''s carriage and the footman helped she and her fiance inside to ride away. It was a sweet proposal, but just a little over the top for me.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
We were hoping to encounter at least one this weekend and I was disappointed to not see any.

We met on Match.com and got engaged 1 year later to the day. :) Our wedding is the weekend after our anniversary this year because our day was already booked.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I saw a proposal on the Arc d''Triumph in Paris ( don''t think I spelled that right). They were a young couple and were speaking what sounded like Russian to each other. Then he pulled out the ring and got down on one knee, she was crying and laughing. I was so happy for them, it was very cute!

My hubby proposed to me in a bar
20.gif
. at least he wasn''t drunk. It was a very spur-of-the-moment thing, but I loved it anyway
9.gif

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing the article, i don't know how i missed it. It's funny, my friend just got engaged in the Rainbow Room on Crhsitmas Eve. She said there were at least five other couple getting engaged there at the same time. My fi proposed at the mall. He made all these plans to go to the Four Seasons for dinner but got nervous at the last moment that it would spoil the surprise. Oh well, we still got to celebrate at the Four Seasons. It's interesting to hear that the most elaborate proposals end with angriest divorces...

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww they are so sweet. A girl I work with got engaged over the weekend on a suprise weekend away andafter grumbling about getting woken up at 5am on a saturday was suprised with a hot air balloon ride and a proposal.

I was lucky I had a nice one. We were on holiday at the Whitsunday Islands along the Great Barrier Reef in QLD. One of the things that I mentioned I had wanted to do the last time we were there but we never got to get around to do was to go on a helicopter ride. So we had a look this time we were up there and there was a ride out to a desereted island where you got a picnic lunch and a few hours alone on the island. So we booked it in went down to the airport had our champers while we were waiting for our flight and my FI looked nervous which when I asked him he told me was due to fear of flying in a helicopter. So we got out to the island and had our lunch and as we went for a walk along the beach after lunch he managed to stutter his way through a speach and ask me to marry him which I happily accecpted and then we kept a secreat from friends and family until we got home a few days later so we had some time to ourselves to enjoy the moment

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results