shape
carat
color
clarity

Anal Me! I blame the board!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bobby

Rough_Rock
THANK U ALL!

In just a matter of weeks I finally feel ready to buy a diamond!!! I've searched high and low and have finally come to the following choice.

Ideal Cut (The most important!)
1.00 (right on the nose. Ok 1.003)
G
SI1 (Small flaw on the table(with 10x)) Rest is clean(I've seen dirtier VS2's)

Cut angles etc. to come today. I will share with you.

Only real concern is that the Diamond is 2 years old. I'm checking it out. Getting it detailed etc. Wish me luck!

PS. I cannot believe how many people selling Diamonds have no idea what they are talking about...:snore: Keep up the great work y'all!

Rook

Shiny_Rock
"Only real concern is that the Diamond is 2 years old. I'm checking it out. Getting it detailed etc. Wish me luck! "

The diamond being two years old should not be a problem, but make sure the report is current. In two years time something could happen to the diamond. Probably not but it is better to be sure. If the report is two years old have the jeweler send it in for and update.

bobby

Rough_Rock
Hi. I actually took matters into my own hands and picked up the diamond and brought it to a lab for details etc. It will cost me but better now vs "suprise suprise" later. One thing that I cannot get from the lab is origin. Also sounds like I cannot get polish and Symetry info. Not sure why but I will ask for this info again. I will have details later this afternoon. Thanks.

bobby

Rough_Rock
Questions: What can you assume by looking at the size of the rock ?

6.40 x 6.34 / 4.02 mm. How would this compare to

6.41 x 6.31 / 4.11 mm ? Thanks

Googleman

Rough_Rock
Both stones are on the deep side, with the first one being at 63.1% total depth and the second being at 64.6% total depth.

bobby

Rough_Rock
Thanks googleman. Would the additional depth lower fire etc. of the stone, or does it just carry extra weight?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
bobby,
----------------
Thanks googleman. Would the additional depth lower fire etc. of the stone, or does it just carry extra weight?
----------------
Yes, deeper diamonds usually have light leakage and have smaller spread i.e. looks smaller for its weight.

E.g. 6.37 mm diameter you posted above is smaller than diameter of ideal cut stone - about 6.50 mm. It means you can buy better cut stone with less carat weight which will look as big as this one.

However, if you like the diamond and the price is right - why worry? :)

Please post the angles and the price if possible.

sans

Rough_Rock
Bobby,

I just can't resist ----

A two-year-old diamond???? Amazing. Generally they are more like 20,000,000 years old, you know, that leftover carbon from when the earth was formed. (hehehe) At least that's what I tell people who talk about "used" diamonds being "old." :))

Only kiddin' ya....

sans

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results