shape
carat
color
clarity

An Open Letter...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tickintime

Rough_Rock
So you may or may not have read my whopping one thread under this name or the (two I think) under my other name apart512, but the two postings combined you should be able to get a feel for what I wanted, needed, and saw in my relationship. I am not gong to go into explicit detail about my relationship or anything related, as this as more of a Thank You.

I found this site a few months back and have learned unmeasurable amounts of information about diamonds in general, ring types I never knew existed, and a little something about the other sex. All good things I promise. I made my first user a few days ago and asked a question regarding earrings and diverged a little from that. Getting more and more into the ring thing, I made another user with a name completely unlike anything I have ever used on the internet. I started getting into more detail about my plans for a promise ring. I truly love this woman and want to spend the rest of my life with her, however if both parties don''t feel the same way no stone in the world can change that. I am not saying she does not love me, but I feel like we are at opposite ends of the world right now.

Divergence Warning:
I sat in class today and my phone rang, it was her. I thought nothing of it as class was supposed to end in a minute or two. It rang again, and again. She called three times and I sat there holding my phone in my hang growing sadder and sadder that I could not answer it because class had not yet finished. Every missed phone call I think of all the thoughts that could have been "important" and would be lost "forever." Obviously if they were important they would be said regardless, but every thought, complaint, and general concern of hers is of the utmost importance to me.

Back to PS... I would browse the site on a regular basis, read something new in the knowledge section and go challenge the mall sales rats with the new weapons I was armed with. ex: yesterday I say "I am looking for a 49, 50, or 51 point round cut, VS2 or above, F or above, GIA (or AGS) certified diamond. I know that anything above eye clean is "extraneous" but just amuse me." She hands me a stone and asks for my opinion, I ask for a loupe and look at it, hand it back and ask her for a guess on clarity. It was an I2 (maybe) or 1 step past being a lump of coal. I said thank you and left. It was amusing to me knowing I would never purchase anything of that low a quality for such a high price. [I also asked for a Tiffany setting (or close repo) she hands me a horrendous looking 6 prong.]

I found myself as of recently checking several times an hour for updates, always thirsty for a little more. So much that I accidently left the page open and the GF hopped on the computer to check her email, YIKES!!
26.gif
The knowledge I have learned both from the
34.gif
Knowledge Section
34.gif
and the postings on the forum I am eternally grateful for. However, more so a part of me has fallen in love with the close to 100 Ladies in Waiting. Your attitude and genuine desire to make a visible commitment to your partner is something that hits home hard. I know that I am not alone in my silent perusing of every inch of this site (including the TTC thread, among so many others), looking for springboards as to how and what and all the other minute details that must be accounted for when planning such an event. I offend found myself wanting to be added the "In Waiting" List. How ironic would that be! The one who controls when the question will be asked in a list of people who are waiting for the question to be asked...
25.gif

Anyhow, I maybe when you "accidently" click on the history menu in your BF''s computer you will one day see "Pricescope Forums" listed among the various web-pages. I hope all of your days are blessed with the anticipation and excitement I feel when I think about all things shiney, metallic or stone. As for me and my GF. Well the diamond studs from Barsky (I love that place FYI) are going back tomorrow, and the Feb 9th event almost certainly won''t happen. At this point I feel like a LIW. I am ready to move on (in baby steps) to the next stage and show her with a promise, how I feel about her and our future, but she most certainly is not. It is a shame, but it is life. Maybe one day, I will be able to return to that brick paved street with its narrow, beautiful stores and once again begin my quest for the perfect diamond and setting for the perfect person.

Thank you for everything and farewell for now,

Chris
35.gif

PS: I am talking about Jewelers Row in Philly in the last paragraph. Also, I am not doing anything drastic, just reeling myself in, if I get too deep I will end up with that ring and timing couldn''t be less appropriate.
38.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Hi Chris,

Yes, I got that this is a "fullstop" post; you didn't require a response.

I would like to make an uninvited observation which you may or may not appreciate.

Certain personality types are categorised as 'caretakers' (look it up) and I wonder from your post if this may apply to you. If so it may be of use to you to know, to allow yourself the opportunity to control your feelings and acknowledge why it is you feel what you feel - "the need to please".

It can come across as needy (incorrectly IMO) and push some people away. [Nice guys finish last

15.gif
]

If this is resented (or incorrect), I remove my foot from the keyboard and wish you well

Date: 11/6/2007 2:15:40 AM
Author:tickintime
So you may or may not have read my whopping one thread under this name or the (two I think) under my other name apart512, but the two postings combined you should be able to get a feel for what I wanted, needed, and saw in my relationship. I am not gong to go into explicit detail about my relationship or anything related, as this as more of a Thank You.

I found this site a few months back and have learned unmeasurable amounts of information about diamonds in general, ring types I never knew existed, and a little something about the other sex. All good things I promise. I made my first user a few days ago and asked a question regarding earrings and diverged a little from that. Getting more and more into the ring thing, I made another user with a name completely unlike anything I have ever used on the internet. I started getting into more detail about my plans for a promise ring. I truly love this woman and want to spend the rest of my life with her, however if both parties don't feel the same way no stone in the world can change that. I am not saying she does not love me, but I feel like we are at opposite ends of the world right now.

Divergence Warning:
I sat in class today and my phone rang, it was her. I thought nothing of it as class was supposed to end in a minute or two. It rang again, and again. She called three times and I sat there holding my phone in my hang growing sadder and sadder that I could not answer it because class had not yet finished. Every missed phone call I think of all the thoughts that could have been 'important' and would be lost 'forever.' Obviously if they were important they would be said regardless, but every thought, complaint, and general concern of hers is of the utmost importance to me.

Back to PS... I would browse the site on a regular basis, read something new in the knowledge section and go challenge the mall sales rats with the new weapons I was armed with. ex: yesterday I say 'I am looking for a 49, 50, or 51 point round cut, VS2 or above, F or above, GIA (or AGS) certified diamond. I know that anything above eye clean is 'extraneous' but just amuse me.' She hands me a stone and asks for my opinion, I ask for a loupe and look at it, hand it back and ask her for a guess on clarity. It was an I2 (maybe) or 1 step past being a lump of coal. I said thank you and left. It was amusing to me knowing I would never purchase anything of that low a quality for such a high price. [I also asked for a Tiffany setting (or close repo) she hands me a horrendous looking 6 prong.]

I found myself as of recently checking several times an hour for updates, always thirsty for a little more. So much that I accidently left the page open and the GF hopped on the computer to check her email, YIKES!!
26.gif
The knowledge I have learned both from the
34.gif
Knowledge Section
34.gif
and the postings on the forum I am eternally grateful for. However, more so a part of me has fallen in love with the close to 100 Ladies in Waiting. Your attitude and genuine desire to make a visible commitment to your partner is something that hits home hard. I know that I am not alone in my silent perusing of every inch of this site (including the TTC thread, among so many others), looking for springboards as to how and what and all the other minute details that must be accounted for when planning such an event. I offend found myself wanting to be added the 'In Waiting' List. How ironic would that be! The one who controls when the question will be asked in a list of people who are waiting for the question to be asked...
25.gif

Anyhow, I maybe when you 'accidently' click on the history menu in your BF's computer you will one day see 'Pricescope Forums' listed among the various web-pages. I hope all of your days are blessed with the anticipation and excitement I feel when I think about all things shiney, metallic or stone. As for me and my GF. Well the diamond studs from Barsky (I love that place FYI) are going back tomorrow, and the Feb 9th event almost certainly won't happen. At this point I feel like a LIW. I am ready to move on (in baby steps) to the next stage and show her with a promise, how I feel about her and our future, but she most certainly is not. It is a shame, but it is life. Maybe one day, I will be able to return to that brick paved street with its narrow, beautiful stores and once again begin my quest for the perfect diamond and setting for the perfect person.

Thank you for everything and farewell for now,

Chris
35.gif

PS: I am talking about Jewelers Row in Philly in the last paragraph. Also, I am not doing anything drastic, just reeling myself in, if I get too deep I will end up with that ring and timing couldn't be less appropriate.
38.gif

behappy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results