shape
carat
color
clarity

An extra $480 towards my wedding? What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
In exchange for an 8 hour shift from 4pm-12 am on the night of the hospital Christmas party, they are offering to pay me $60/hour. Or a total of $480 before taxes. This is about 20% of my monthly income, so it''s a big deal. Even though I haven''t started trying dresses on yet, I can already tell that I have expensive taste, so an extra $480 would really make a difference. The downside is that I can''t go to the party.

I had been looking forward to the party - it''s the night after my fiance arrives, it''s at a nice hotel, and it''s free food and drinks. On the other hand, we could go out to a nice dinner for $150 and still have a lot of money leftover. My fiance could probably come with me to work that night since no one else would be around, but it''s not the same when you''re running around crazy working. I already bought my outfit for the party, but it''s pretty versatile so I''ll probably just keep it for future occaisions.

What would you do?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I would work. I have been working crazy OT (I am a nurse) every chance I can get for the wedding. We are lucky, we are in a profession that we can do that...When I work OT, I make about $50.00 an hr, which is pretty good money...I have been working one extra 8-12 hr shift almost every week since September, and I have almost 3K saved already!!! I feel exhausted a lot of the time, but I figure it will be worth it when I have the extra money lying around to help pay for the wedding.

So if it were me, I would do it...$480 bucks is a nice chunk of change for an 8 hr shift!!!!
2.gif

eta: now, hopefully it wont be too crazy of a nite!!! I always feel like my OT shifts are my worst ones -ya know what I mean??
6.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the extra cash would help you get the dress of your dreams, I say WORK, sister!
9.gif
Even if you end up finding a dress you really love for less, you could still use the cash towards flowers, favors, invites, etc., not to mention a nice dinner for you and your FI. There will be another Christmas party next year, but there will only be one wedding, yanno?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi again Basil-

Sorry to hijack-just wanted to ask you a question about your lovely ring....how long did it take the ring be completed from the time you placed the order? I am just asking b/c I am considering the Ritani from Pearlman''s for my re-set...Thanks so much in advance!!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
heck yeah I would work. I was just discussing with my DH tonight, I wish I had chosen a career field which paid well and also paid hourly so that you get compensated more when you work more. All the jobs I''ve had since college have been salary, so when you work more than 40 hours/week, you get $0!! it''s just expected! But I digress. Yes, I would do it, and take some of the $ to do something fun with your FI and put the rest towards your wedding.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
I say totally go for it Basil! That's a lot of moolah for one night!
22.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results