shape
carat
color
clarity

An Antique Asscher to kill for...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
OK, I just had to post this. Are others as blown away by this diamond as I am?
23.gif

Stats: 3.35cts, Fancy Intense Yellow, VVS-2.

...and as a bonus, it''s mounted in its original Deco setting, with interesting provenance.

Don''t you think it''s possible (or even likely?) that it was cut by Mr. Asscher himself?

I wonder if they''d take my soul in trade?
2.gif

widget

PS: I found it here: http://www.skinnerinc.com/asp/fullCatalogue.asp?salelot=2352+++++685+&refno=++688500

utdf8ppl.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!! Wow, am blown away too!!! I think you should buy it, hehe!!!
31.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2007 10:10:26 AM
Author: Kaleigh
OMG!!!! Wow, am blown away too!!! I think you should buy it, hehe!!!
31.gif
LOL kaleigh....if I could instantly ''liquidate'' a bunch of my stuff, I''d almost consider it!

I even wonder if this would qualify as an "investment". Any expert enablers out there who''d like to comment?

widget

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
great ring! i love the look and the story and it is just my size.
1.gif
i hope that you can get it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like an investment piece to me
9.gif
22.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it is estimated to bring in 60K-80K. Quite the beauty!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous gorgeous ring...

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
hmmm wonder what Strm will say about that Asscher - giggle...I do not mind the yellow diamond in a halo setting - I just am personally not sold on halo settings, but this one does not look bad :} Nice find widget :}

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2007 12:02:56 PM
Author: wifey2b
hmmm wonder what Strm will say about that Asscher -
I wonder too...it would also be fun to hear from DiaGem and Cehra...

Look at that teensy octagonal table! It looks quite ''off'' to me..symetrically. I''d love to see the GIA specs...I suspect it''s very deep..

Crown1...no, I''m not going to get it...but every once in a while I see something that knocks my socks off...and this one definitely does!

widget

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
80k is a lot but it isn''t THAT much for some of the diamond buffs here LOL I think someone should go for it!!!!!!
31.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
wowsers
kicken

photos can never do that asscher justice, the slightest tilt and it will have a different look.

Asscher asscher, doubt it but not impossible.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2007 12:10:47 PM
Author: widget

Date: 3/10/2007 12:02:56 PM
Author: wifey2b
hmmm wonder what Strm will say about that Asscher -
I wonder too...it would also be fun to hear from DiaGem and Cehra...

Look at that teensy octagonal table! It looks quite ''off'' to me..symetrically. I''d love to see the GIA specs...I suspect it''s very deep..

Crown1...no, I''m not going to get it...but every once in a while I see something that knocks my socks off...and this one definitely does!

widget
I love to be spoken in the same breath as DG :) first thing I noticed was the tiny table... actually... it was closer to "where is the table?" LOL it''s a little too yellow for my taste, but I wouldn''t kick it off my finger!!! I seem to like the cheapest yellows best hahaha

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mouth is watering...

I am definitely in the wrong profession! If only I had the kind of money that could afford me that ring!

widget

Ideal_Rock
I think it's the rarity of the stone that appeals to me as much as anything else. Step cut fancies are few and far between, but intense yellow??!! VVS??!! Antique asscher??!!

You're right, Cehra about "where's the table?"...you could almost call it a second culet! LOL

widget

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Eeeep! I want it! It''s gorgeous! Widget, start liquidating everything you own and buy that ring, haha.

*M*

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2007 1:21:15 PM
I think it''s the rarity of the stone that appeals to me as much as anything else. Step cut fancies are few and far between, but intense yellow??!! VVS??!! Antique asscher??!!

You''re right, Cehra about ''where''s the table?''...you could almost call it a second culet! LOL

widget
If you get the opportunity to see one cut that way you will be drooling for a week.
I was.
Words can not describe these stones, the history, the looks, the performance, the way the look changes with the slightest motion, 300 miles deep, blinding huge flashes of light they give off, words can not describe them........

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2007 1:34:29 PM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 3/10/2007 1:21:15 PM
I think it''s the rarity of the stone that appeals to me as much as anything else. Step cut fancies are few and far between, but intense yellow??!! VVS??!! Antique asscher??!!

You''re right, Cehra about ''where''s the table?''...you could almost call it a second culet! LOL

widget
If you get the opportunity to see one cut that way you will be drooling for a week.
I was.
Words can not describe these stones, the history, the looks, the performance, the way the look changes with the slightest motion, 300 miles deep, blinding huge flashes of light they give off, words can not describe them........
good old cushions and good old asschers... nothing better ::wistful sigh::

intagems

Rough_Rock
Amazing Yellow Color!!!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Truly a gorgeous yellow!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. I think that definitely can be considered an investment.

It will grow in value and it will stave off your jewelry cravings for a quite a while, allowing you to save the money you would have spent on other jewels.

So please please please win that! Do it for all of us here on Pricescope!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, what a find.... it''s gorgeous and very drool worthy. Thanks for sharing it Widget.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh. That is AMAZING!!! I''ll take one!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Widget, that is truly gorgeous and the color! OH MY. Come on Widget, you need this ring.....you need this ring...........you really need this ring....... Have I hypnotized you yet?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Looks like a great Antique Asscher-Cut Diamond...
If i am not mistaken..., it possesses only two crown steps..., which was pretty common back then. Crown height seems in the 30%''s.
The body color is hard to judge by a picture, but I have seen much finer "Fancy Intence Yellow''s" in Asschers! (Depending when it was graded!!!)
I think the small table is amazing (i would think its under 40%!!)
I personaly prefer a bigger Culet (but that is my own preference)

I believe it will easily pass the 60K. (Good provenance.)

Bottom-Line: Great Gem!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The glare makes it look like 2 steps in places but im pretty sure its 3.
The lower right hand side clearly shows 3 crown steps.
Also it has the triple partial arrow pattern and there would only be 2 for 2 crown steps visible at the top.
I had to look 3 times myelf to see it.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/11/2007 10:58:14 AM
Author: strmrdr
The glare makes it look like 2 steps in places but im pretty sure its 3.
The lower right hand side clearly shows 3 crown steps.
Also it has the triple partial arrow pattern and there would only be 2 for 2 crown steps visible at the top.
I had to look 3 times myelf to see it.
Storm, not sure at all, it looks like the partition of the steps falls right in the middle of the crown...
Plus the fact that I have seen quite a few old step-cut stones that had two steps only on the crown.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
looking at it a 5 and 6th and 10th time im not sure myself if its 2 or 3.
*shrug*

I have ran into one before that had 2.. how common were they DiaGem do you know?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, that is just stunning..

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
My number one dream stone is an original Asscher... And I''d take that one in a heartbeat! So beautiful.

widget

Ideal_Rock
....and speaking of interesting old fancy diamonds, check out this marquise from the same auction....1.23cts, vivid orange/yellow, SI-2:

Sr56ager.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results