shape
carat
color
clarity

An Antique Asscher to kill for...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Widget, you''re gonna have to start charging admission to your jewelry box! Will you bring your goodies on tour to the Hudson Valley??
31.gif

I think LIQUIDATE!!! Who could be sorry if THAT lemon drop was hanging off yo'' hand!!! Even the CHANCE it could be an Asscher Asscher ... *faint*

When I see orignal rings like that it makes me want to shout NO PRONG-SET HALOS EVER!!!!! (ha! I''m the Mommie Dearest of bezel-set halos) Can''t believe jewelers are always talking people into prong setting them ... it''ll make the stone dark, blah, blah --- UM HELLO -- THIS IS AN ORIGINAL DECO SETTING!!! THIS IS HOW IT WAS DONE! (Back when people *knew* what they were doing)

*rant complete*

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Cool rings Widget! After looking at your post yesterday, I cruised some auction houses--and spent at least an hour looking at Dupuis. mmmmm always some great eyecandy!

cheers--Sharon

widget

Ideal_Rock
Catmom...aren't the auction houses addicting? Some of the stuff you see is actually knee-weakening! (Your attempt at hypnosis hasn't worked BTW...I'm still resisting. I have however registered and requested more pictures and the GIA rpt...is that a bad sign?)

Really everone...I'm just dreaming and 'lookyloo-ing' publicly.

Deco...you're so right. I've actually gotten sort of sick of haloed asschers...but I've forgiven this one because it's original! Also, notice they didn't 'play tricks' with YG around the fancy colored stone in the good ol' days...

widget

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/11/2007 11:16:53 AM
Author: strmrdr
looking at it a 5 and 6th and 10th time im not sure myself if its 2 or 3.
*shrug*

I have ran into one before that had 2.. how common were they DiaGem do you know?
Sometimes when the crowns were very high (deep), two steps did the trick vs. the right angles on the pavilion...
I have seen quite a few of them....

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Widget, that ring is simply tasty!
30.gif

Sadly, as DiaGem said, it''s got provenance, and that alone makes it likely to go over estimate...
7.gif
Plus, it''s on the back cover of the Skinner Catalogue, so even worse. Anytime you have an item advertized on the catalogue even dealers get involved, as do all others. If you do big, PLEASE post pictures if you win! But if you see the rest of the catalogue, they do have some great stuff!

Happy hunting!
35.gif

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Widget,

Wow! This ring is stunning. With the provenance, it''s definitely an investment piece. I hope you would go for it, as it will be a great addition to your already fabulous collection. However, I think the price will go over the estimate. Just locally, I know two estate jewelers who will buy a ring like this in a ''heart beat''. I do not see any mention of measurements. I suspect with such a small table and high crown, the stone may face up quite small, probably smaller than what you would expect from the photo. I hope somebody from Pricescope buys this ring.

Last year, I saw a 6 carat intense yellow Asscher set in a simple 3-stone ring. It was an estate piece, but probably not an antique asscher. The price was over $150,000.

Art Nouveau

isabella789

Rough_Rock
art nouveau, you commented about the dimensions of the asscher. i''ve been looking at them for my engagement ring and they do tend to look on the small side (compared to a brilliant). but that was until i heard about this one: 1.6 carat, D colour, VS1, table dimensions of 6.6 x 6.8
it sounds great but am only a novice....i haven''t seen the diamond as it''s being postd to OZ but wondering whether it''s too good to be true....? is the table too big? someone told me that if it wasn''t deep enough, then the light wouldn''t refract properly. i''m not sure of the depth.
would be grateful for words of advice from you experts out there.....

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2007 1:48:02 PM
Author: widget
Catmom...aren''t the auction houses addicting? Some of the stuff you see is actually knee-weakening! (Your attempt at hypnosis hasn''t worked BTW...I''m still resisting. I have however registered and requested more pictures and the GIA rpt...is that a bad sign?)

widget
Oh no, I think it''s a good sign, a very good sign..............
31.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well Mommy Dearest (Deco)...some of us still love prong set halos so put those hangers back in the closet!!!
2.gif
9.gif

Widget those are beautiful!!!!

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Sold for $82,250. Widget, did you buy it?

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 1:46:56 PM
Author: Art Nouveau
LOL...I''m embarrassed that you thought I might have!

No....the lower value estimate was almost dreamable...but not eighty thou!

I wonder who bought it?

widget

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2007 3:58:05 PM
Author: widget

Date: 3/15/2007 1:46:56 PM
Author: Art Nouveau
LOL...I''m embarrassed that you thought I might have!

No....the lower value estimate was almost dreamable...but not eighty thou!

I wonder who bought it?

widget
Oh, I was sooooo hoping it was you Widget!!!!
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results