shape
carat
color
clarity

An advice about the price of a 1ct Round Diamond

myrica

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I was searching internet endlessly in order to get a good price of a diamond that i want(i will buy multiple if the price is right).Here are the specifications:
Carat:1.00
Cut:Round,Very good or ideal/excellent
Clarity:VS2-SI1
Color:G-H
Fluorescence:None
GIA or HRD certification as well.

Usually this kind of diamond is minimum 4000 dollars(i checked various wholesalers in various countries,especially US).But recently i found a dealer in India(Jaipur) that offers me the same diamond with GIA certification for about 2500 dollars.They will send me the GIA certification in a month with the picture of diamond.I insisted several times during our messaging that i want those specifications and they seem confident that they can provide me that kind of stone with that kind of price.

As far as i know in Diamond Industry,prices are more or less fixed and if an offer is too good to be true,it probably is.

My questions are;
Is it really possible to get a diamond with that kind of price?
If lets say he sends me the pictures of the certificate and diamond,what kind of *tricks* that i can encounter?
Any tips as well?

Thank you,

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yeah, too good to be true! :o
I'm sure if it were legit and possible, someone on here would have already figured it out and everyone on here would know!

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say no way for 2.5k
A normal GIA X 1.0c H SI1 is around 5k. Even a very good cut costs at least 4k, as you already know
Expect at least 5.5k (if you are really lucky) for a PS quality 1.0c H SI1.
8.0k for an AGS super ideal

But I am interested in what this vendor comes up with at 2.5k.
Once you get the cert and diamond photo, please share with us for a complete assessment.
I don't know why it takes a month. As long as the vendor has the GIA report number, anyone can look up a the report here
http://www.gia.edu/report-check-landing

myrica

Rough_Rock
flyingpig|1470110573|4061554 said:
I say no way for 2.5k
A normal GIA X 1.0c H SI1 is around 5k.
Expect at least 5.5k (if you are really lucky) for a PS quality 1.0c H SI1.
8.0k for an AGS super ideal

But I am interested in what this vendor comes up with at 2.5k.
Once you get the cert and diamond photo, please share with us for a complete assessment.
I don't know why it takes a month. As long as the vendor has the GIA report number, anyone can look up a the report here
http://www.gia.edu/report-check-landing

Well,based on what i understood,they got diamonds which are not certified(like most in india).When i insisted on certification,they told me they will come back to me in a month which suggests that they will actually send diamonds to GIA Mumbai office.
Im not sure what will happen with that and we will see.I havent paid anything,so

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
myrica|1470108826|4061549 said:
Hello,
I was searching internet endlessly in order to get a good price of a diamond that i want(i will buy multiple if the price is right).Here are the specifications:
Carat:1.00
Cut:Round,Very good or ideal/excellent
Clarity:VS2-SI1
Color:G-H
Fluorescence:None
GIA or HRD certification as well.

Usually this kind of diamond is minimum 4000 dollars(i checked various wholesalers in various countries,especially US).But recently i found a dealer in India(Jaipur) that offers me the same diamond with GIA certification for about 2500 dollars.They will send me the GIA certification in a month with the picture of diamond.I insisted several times during our messaging that i want those specifications and they seem confident that they can provide me that kind of stone with that kind of price.
B.S.!! ..$2500 for a 1ct G/H SI1 GIA graded stone?

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There are no deals with diamonds, you get what you pay for.....I'm sure you have heard that before.
Try the PS vendors, they will send specs, grading reports, ASET pictures, etc
Good luck

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
myrica|1470111704|4061559 said:
Well,based on what i understood,they got diamonds which are not certified(like most in india)
This needs context: It's true that the majority of diamonds polished in India are micro/melee and thus not lab graded. But anything approaching a full carat, especially any decent quality, is compulsorily submitted for a grading report.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results