shape
carat
color
clarity

American Idol Live!!! (AND the awesome afterparty....)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
If you don''t want to read the whole thing, just read the end...about the best part of the night....
emwink.gif

I went to see the idols last night here in Houston!!! They were soooo fantastic, such a great show!

Of course, Taylor was my fave as always...he played the harmonica for us, did his crazy Taylor dance to "Takin'' it to the Streets", and was just overall Taylor-licious! I was more impressed than I thought I would be with all the others...No one sounded off or like they were having a bad night...I can tell how all the practice they''ve gotten while touring has really helped each of them to improve. Lisa blew me away...she sat down and played the piano. She did "Someone Saved my Life Tonight" by Elton John, and it was AAAAmazing. That girl is super talented.

Pickler seemed a little tired, not as energetic as the rest of them, but then she never had the best stage presence on AI either. Paris, on the other hand....that girl is CRAZY! She sang "Crazy in Love" (by Beyonce) and shook her little booty all over the stage, dropped it down, jumped back up, ALL over the place!! She was soooo much fun!!! And of course, super talented as well.

Chris...definitely did a great job. Sang "Dead or Alive", wore lots of eyeliner, was super cool. :) And Ace was actually reallllly good too! His voice has improved dramatically since the show, I think. He sang "Father Figure," of course, and it was great. And I never realized how big his muscles really are...he''s packin some big ol guns!!! wow.

Elliott was awesome too, of course. I just love him, he looked like he was having so much fun up there! Kat sang "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" and "Somewhere over the Rainbow" and did a great job on both. She seems like she''s lost weight since the show...starting to look pretty skinny, if you ask me! I think she looked better how she was at the end of the show.

Soooooo on to the BEST PART of the night....

LMBO (Little Memphis Blues Orchestra), Taylor''s band, is touring and following the idol tour around. So they usually play at a small venue the same night in the same city as the idols, and quite often, TayTay shows up to sing with his band and usually brings some buddies (most often Ace and Bucky)!! So I found out where they were playing and my girlfriend and I went over there after the Idol show was over.

First of all, LMBO is really great, I''m totally buying their CD when it comes out. They were awesome!!!

So during their second set, there starts to be some activity off to the side, and then who jumps up on stage? Chris and Bucky!!!! We had gotten there at the start and staked out our spot, front and center, and so I ended up high fiving/shaking hands with CHRIS AND BUCKY twice each!!! WOW!! And I ALMOST caught a guitar pick that Chris threw, but it hit the floor and the lady behind me got to it first. I felt like a 12 year old again. hehehehe! They played a few songs with LMBO, and then when they came back on stage for the third set, Chris got an acoustic guitar and played and sang by himself...he said it was a new song that he wrote that not very many people have heard!!!

Alas, even though we thought that Taylor was there FOR SURE since Chris and Bucky were there, he was not.
8.gif
The rumor is that he''s saving it all up for tonight when they are in Austin. LMBO is playing at Antone''s in Austin, which is a very cool jazz/blues type venue, very Taylor-style kinda place, and the Idols have Monday off, so it''s really likely that Taylor will show up for the LMBO show tonight. I''m very sad that I didn''t see him, but it was awesome to see Bucky and Chris up close and personal! They were having sooo much fun up there, you could tell that they were really in their element and doing what they wanted to do, rather than doing all the choreographed kinda stuff they have to do for Idol.

Anyway, just wanted to share with all my fellow Idol-lovers out there!!! It was SOOOO cool!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
how awesome annie!!!! gosh IDOL seems so long ago after this blah summer of bad reality TV and B-movies we''ve been watching so it''s good to hear the update on how the tour and how the idols are doing!! on another note, i read in US weekly that kat has recently battled bulemia and she was hospitalized for treatment right after getting accepted to IDOL originally, so maybe with the tour she is falling back into old ways with bad eating habits or similar and it''s affecting her appearance/weight.

anyway sounds like you had a BLAST!!! how fun!!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
YES Mara, it felt like Idol was on all over again!! I can''t imagine that next season will top this one...how could it?!?!

I had also read that Kat had battled bulimia in the past...for her sake, I hope she''s not slipping back into it! She didn''t look Nicole Richie skinny last night, just skinnier than she did at the end of the season. I hope she stops here!

Ahhh, my ears are still ringing from all the music last night....and heart is still thumping from my up close and personal Bald Eagle sighting. hehehehe.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
so glad you had a great time and how fun that chris and bucky came out later. Lucky you...

speaking of reality tv. does dancing with the stars start this tuesday?

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
MrsSalvo, I''m not sure if it comes on or not...but I''m soooo ready for all of my shows to be back on again! Grey''s starts in a couple weeks....woooohoooo!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sooooooooo excited about Grey's too, already loving the previews and trying to catch anything with izzie to see if she's coming back????

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I enjoyed the Idols also! Yeah, I was definitely impressed with Ace. My favorites were the guys though I thought Lisa had quite a nice stage presence. Did Elliott & Chris sing their duet?

So cool that you had an up close & personal Bald Eagle sighting!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2006 9:49:56 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I am sooooooooo excited about Grey''s too, already loving the previews and trying to catch anything with izzie to see if she''s coming back????
Us Weekly (I think) had a few spoiler comments - nothing specific, much more general, and seemed to suggest Izzy was definitely coming back and.....there was other stuff. Don''t want to spoil anyone''s fun.
2.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, Elliott and Chris did sing their duet...I can''t remember what the song was, though! But it was really great, I do remember that!!!

Izze HAS to come back....If there was anyone who I could stand to see the show without, it would be Meredith. Hehe. She''s so whiny.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2006 5:24:17 PM
Author: HOUMedGal
Izze HAS to come back....If there was anyone who I could stand to see the show without, it would be Meredith. Hehe. She''s so whiny.
DITTO!!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results