shape
carat
color
clarity

"America is a Tinderbox"

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The looters are targeting the upscale jewelry stores. Last night in the SOHO section of NYC, they looted the Rolex Boutique and the store across the street. They probably got nothing because the store has been closed for 2 months and everything must be in the safe.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
47th street is totally on edge....there's a massive protest planned for 3pm in Times Square- less than 200 yards from 47th street.....scary...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw live coverage of the huge march in New York City after 7:00 PM carried by MSNBC with one of their reporters embedded in the march. She said it had been completely peaceful and picking up more and more people as they went. If something happens, it is not how most of the people in this march have been acting all day.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw live coverage of the huge march in New York City after 7:00 PM carried by MSNBC with one of their reporters embedded in the march. She said it had been completely peaceful and picking up more and more people as they went. If something happens, it is not how most of the people in this march have been acting all day.

I firmly believe this. My area (just outside of Queens in the burbs) is expected to have a protest come through our village tomorrow. People are cautious but hopeful that it will be peaceful and on the watch for infiltrators that attempt to turn in towards violence/destruction.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here’s how it looked at about 4 pm. Most places boarded up. The NYPD has Times Square sealed off. I did see a “band of roving teens”. They were being followed by a greater number of cops on bikes. Let’s pray the true spirit of the Big Apple prevails. 879977AF-B6DB-4338-ACBF-0B86C4859B7D.jpeg 4794EE71-9737-4271-991A-47713E6A9603.jpeg D374D557-64ED-41A3-9039-8082CD68A29A.jpeg

879977AF-B6DB-4338-ACBF-0B86C4859B7D.jpeg 4794EE71-9737-4271-991A-47713E6A9603.jpeg D374D557-64ED-41A3-9039-8082CD68A29A.jpeg

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I know you didn't ask me but if I may answer. That's a tough question. One I have been pondering for years now. I am disappointed in the USA and IDK what the future holds but I am hopeful with new leadership we can get back onto a healthier path. Will we? IDK. But it is with fervent passion I hope we do.

In the meantime I am daydreaming about where we would go. I love Canada but it is too cold weather wise for me. I dream about relocating to Australia but they would never allow us to...we are
I know you didn't ask me but if I may answer. That's a tough question. One I have been pondering for years now. I am disappointed in the USA and IDK what the future holds but I am hopeful with new leadership we can get back onto a healthier path. Will we? IDK. But it is with fervent passion I hope we do.

In the meantime I am daydreaming about where we would go. I love Canada but it is too cold weather wise for me. I dream about relocating to Australia but they would never allow us to...we are too old and don't have anything to contribute to them. So yes, it is a quandary.

Not where I am @missy :)) Vancouver Island, Vancouver, lower mainland (Vancouver to Surrey/White Rock) heck even the Okanagan all have nice weather altho the Okanagan gets snow, but the fruit, veg and vineyards are pretty wonderful, as is the skiing.

We (Vancouver Island) have similar temperate weather to Seattle. Average summer temps of 24 (altho we get heat waves mid high 30's occasionally) and winter temps of 6 to 8 (lows of minus 5 occasionally). Cooler on the island here than Vancouver and further inland. I used to live in Pitt Meadows, which is close to Abbotsford. It can get really hot in the summer, but again it's the veggie fruit belt

Then there are the gulf islands...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not where I am @missy :)) Vancouver Island, Vancouver, lower mainland (Vancouver to Surrey/White Rock) heck even the Okanagan all have nice weather altho the Okanagan gets snow, but the fruit, veg and vineyards are pretty wonderful, as is the skiing.

We (Vancouver Island) have similar temperate weather to Seattle. Average summer temps of 24 (altho we get heat waves mid high 30's occasionally) and winter temps of 6 to 8 (lows of minus 5 occasionally). Cooler on the island here than Vancouver and further inland. I used to live in Pitt Meadows, which is close to Abbotsford. It can get really hot in the summer, but again it's the veggie fruit belt

Then there are the gulf islands...

Ooh well my friend who also lives in Canada was just telling me about this and I am excited. But they probably don't want/won't let us move there as older Americans. I am guessing...but I am going to look into it because if it weren't for the cold I would be there in a heartbeat if they would allow me to that is.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Ooh well my friend who also lives in Canada was just telling me about this and I am excited. But they probably don't want/won't let us move there as older Americans. I am guessing...but I am going to look into it because if it weren't for the cold I would be there in a heartbeat if they would allow me to that is.

I don't know much about emigration/immigration, but if you are financially stable, I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.

I feel for you all. This world is in one hell of a mess right now.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know much about emigration/immigration, but if you are financially stable, I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.

I feel for you all. This world is in one hell of a mess right now.

It sure is. There are times I feel completely hopeless. And other times I know we have no choice but to go on and work for positive change. You know. When one’s going through hell just keep on going.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
for anyone curious....
I visited 47th street today- thankfully, it's still ok, albeit covered in plywood......

Time for serious prayers....

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It’s so sad. I saw dozens of workers nailing plywood to windows on Sixth Ave.
Imagine if all that effort was going into building houses for people in need. So sad.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imagine if all that effort was going into building houses for people in need. So sad.
Lol. So there's obviously funding for it, but businesses are more important than "people in need"... That effort could have been put there at any time in the past and it hasn't. Let's not wax poetic over something that has never and would never happen.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You’re right. If we took that kind of effort to take care of our poorest and neediest in the first place, I doubt we’d have so much rioting and looting.

I’m glad your business is safe.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
for anyone curious....
I visited 47th street today- thankfully, it's still ok, albeit covered in plywood......

Time for serious prayers....

I am truly hoping it remains so...Be safe.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elections have consequences.

The scenes have been disturbingly familiar to CIA analysts accustomed to monitoring scenes of societal unraveling abroad — the massing of protesters, the ensuing crackdowns and the awkwardly staged displays of strength by a leader determined to project authority.

In interviews and posts on social media in recent days, current and former U.S. intelligence officials have expressed dismay at the similarity between events at home and the signs of decline or democratic regression they were trained to detect in other nations.

“I’ve seen this kind of violence,” said Gail Helt, a former CIA analyst responsible for tracking developments in China and Southeast Asia. “This is what autocrats do. This is what happens in countries before a collapse. It really does unnerve me.”

Helt, now a professor at King University in Tennessee, said the images of unrest in U.S. cities, combined with President Trump’s incendiary statements, echo clashes she covered over a dozen years at the CIA tracking developments in China, Malaysia and elsewhere.

Other former CIA and national security officials rendered similarly troubled verdicts.

Marc Polymeropoulos, who formerly ran CIA operations in Europe and Asia, was among several former agency officials who recoiled at images of Trump hoisting a Bible in front of St. John’s Episcopal Church in Washington after authorities fired rubber bullets and tear gas to clear the president’s path of protesters.

“It reminded me of what I reported on for years in the third world,” Polymeropoulos said on Twitter. Referring to the despotic leaders of Iraq, Syria and Libya, he said: “Saddam. Bashar. Qaddafi. They all did this.”

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Elections have consequences.

The scenes have been disturbingly familiar to CIA analysts accustomed to monitoring scenes of societal unraveling abroad — the massing of protesters, the ensuing crackdowns and the awkwardly staged displays of strength by a leader determined to project authority.

In interviews and posts on social media in recent days, current and former U.S. intelligence officials have expressed dismay at the similarity between events at home and the signs of decline or democratic regression they were trained to detect in other nations.

“I’ve seen this kind of violence,” said Gail Helt, a former CIA analyst responsible for tracking developments in China and Southeast Asia. “This is what autocrats do. This is what happens in countries before a collapse. It really does unnerve me.”

Helt, now a professor at King University in Tennessee, said the images of unrest in U.S. cities, combined with President Trump’s incendiary statements, echo clashes she covered over a dozen years at the CIA tracking developments in China, Malaysia and elsewhere.

Other former CIA and national security officials rendered similarly troubled verdicts.

Marc Polymeropoulos, who formerly ran CIA operations in Europe and Asia, was among several former agency officials who recoiled at images of Trump hoisting a Bible in front of St. John’s Episcopal Church in Washington after authorities fired rubber bullets and tear gas to clear the president’s path of protesters.

“It reminded me of what I reported on for years in the third world,” Polymeropoulos said on Twitter. Referring to the despotic leaders of Iraq, Syria and Libya, he said: “Saddam. Bashar. Qaddafi. They all did this.”

Luckily we have some governors who are declining to send their state's natl guard to DC so trump can use them for his show of force. (Now that being said, he did call in the natl guard here). Jared Polis, CO gov, also declined to have Trump send the military here - he said we are not China and this is not Tiananmen Square. And our AG will sue if Trump tries to send them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results