shape
carat
color
clarity

Amazing! Show this to young girls!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovebling

Rough_Rock
It''s amazing the retouching that goes on in Hollywood. No wonder so many girls have self-esteem problems!
http://demo.fb.se/e/girlpower/retouch/

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great website! I also saw in Glamour a few months ago one of the models did something similar - showed before and after shots of herself - it''s amazing how much they actually retouch. Even if you know some retouching goes on, it''s incredible to see how much. It''s definitely a great website for girls to know that NOBODY looks like those pictures, not even the models themselves.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
That''s scary! I''m showing this to my 14 year old when she gets home from school!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Check out this guy''s work!
Go into the portfolio section, and into each image. Scroll over the image with your mouse to see the "before" and away to see "after" retouching.

I feel bad for young girls and young women these days. Most don''t know how much retouching is really done. They don''t know that these "photos" of women are just freakish caricature/illustrations of women.

Scintillating...

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Amazing. I think we all know that retouching is done, but we just don''t think about HOW MUCH is done.

It is no wonder so many girls have self-esteem problems. It''s no wonder MY body image is twisted. You see these pics and start to think most women look like this. Then I read somewhere that the average woman wears a size 14. I was so glad to see that new ad recently for Dove that had 4 or 5 *healthy* women in the picture. I am sure they had some retouching too, but at least their sizes were closer to *normal*. I''d like to see more of that!

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
I think this whole retouching thing happens almost everywhere now. As an example, when I went to a photographer to have my picture taken for my company''s website the photog promised me that I would look "better than real" when she was done with my pics. I tried to impress on her that I was OK with the genuine images that came out, but she still doctored them before sending them to my marketing department.

Apparently one of my eyes squints closed a little more than the other when I smile, and the pearls I was wearing were whiter than my teeth so she did a little "dental work" on me. There were a few other things too, but I can''t remember them now.

It was all a quite bizarre. My photo is way out of date, but I was so freaked out by the whole experience that I don''t want to go and have another one taken.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2006 2:43:00 PM
Author: Scintillating
Check out this guy''s work!

Go into the portfolio section, and into each image. Scroll over the image with your mouse to see the ''before'' and away to see ''after'' retouching.

I feel bad for young girls and young women these days. Most don''t know how much retouching is really done. They don''t know that these ''photos'' of women are just freakish caricature/illustrations of women.

Scintillating...

funny thing is, some of those pics didn''t need to be retouched. halle berry looked incredible in the before and after picture. it reallt is amazing what a difference retouching can make though.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
If that''s real, that''s disturbing. Vida''s only real asset and her only real claim to fame is her incredible rear end. The "original" pic only shows a good to average one. That would mean she''s entirely fabricated by someone good at photoshop. However, I''m almost positive she''s been on TV and no one''s ever mentioned it before so I''m thinkign that that website may not be entirely truthful.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, I''m 35 and needed to see these sites(i love magazines!) Thanks for posting them!

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that is UNBELIEVABLE!
6.gif
I''m going to send the links to my friends!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results