shape
carat
color
clarity

am i too short for this dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

missismene

Shiny_Rock
i have not been able to try it on, but am in love and have located the dress in a city nearby.
i am a small size, usually 2, so that is not the problem. the problem is besides the fact that the models are 6 ft tall they stand on things to show the dress.
i am 5''4" and do not want to be swallowed by a dress.
what do you think?

rosa lcara1.jpg

missismene

Shiny_Rock
be honest!

rosa clara 2.JPG

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
My instinct says the bow will overwhelm short people, but to me 5'4" is not short!
I say just try it on. I'm 4'7", and fashion guides all say to avoid heavy details and go for mermaid or sheath. I tried on all styles, and ended up with an A line with tons of beading. You never know.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I think it would be perfect, a ''wide'' dress would be the wrong choice, but I can totally see that on a petite, Audrey Hepburn like figure. As long as they can ''re-proportion'' the bow instead of just lopping off the bottom of it.

It''s a stunning dress.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
It''s funny how one''s definition of short, is another''s definition of TALL. I''m 5''1 so I would love to be 5''4 (another 3 inches of legs and I would die a happy woman.)

That being said, I think you should try that dress on, I think it could work for you. Can you get it hollow-to-hem? That might help it be proportional to your body. Also, I''m sure they could make the bow in the back a little smaller to go with your frame.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Most gowns are made to the specifications of the "average" height of 5''6", so no you are not too short.
1.gif

I love the design of that dress!
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think you would be too short at all, stunning dress I love the back :)

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I am now in love with that dress too! Go for it!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Just based on height, I think this dress could look quite lovely on you. I''ll echo everyone else and say go try it on! It''s a pretty dress.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I agree that if the bows on the back are made proportional to the length, it''ll look great. Beautiful dress!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another shortie weighing in..I love the dress, especially the back!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m pretty much the same size as you. I''m 5''4" and a size 0 or 2. I think this gown would be lovely!!!! What I think is bad for our height is the ginormous ball gowns......

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
wow that dress is stunning... what designer is it?

i think that you should try it on anyway and see in person - it might be stunning!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous! I''m 5ft 4 too and I think that it would be fine.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto others on: 1) the dress, gorgeous
30.gif
!! and 2) 5'4" is not short (I am 5'2" and have often wished I was a couple of inches taller
1.gif
).

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
1) You are not short. 5''4" is exactly average! Half the women in the world are shorter than you. I''m 5''0", and 5''4" is TALL to me.

2) I think this dress would be lovely on a petite 5''4" frame. I agree with MishB that the bow should be properly proportioned, but I think there is no danger that it will "swallow" you.

Try it on and see how it looks. Then come back with pictures!

missismene

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ladies! I just got to check this. And I feel so tall!
The dress is by Rosa Clara. www.rosaclara.es, it is one of the only designers i have really liked. the dresses are very unique and different.
I will definitely ask advice when i get some pics.

missismene

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to thank you all again for commenting.
I really appreciate all the compliments on the dress.
I would love to see yours! Or is there a section for that?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hey, just saw this post (actually, I followed you here from my thread - usually, I''m never in this forum). I''m 5''3" and I would totally wear this dress. The cascade of loops in the back can be altered like others have said, and it''s not a big, pouffy, ballgown silhouette. It''s quite elegant, and are those pockets??!! I love pockets, and even if you''re not a "pocket girl", you can at least keep a couple of necessities (tissues, lip balm) in them for the wedding. Good luck with all the wedding planning, and hope you find the perfect dress.

missismene

Shiny_Rock
they are pockets! which i love the idea of having pockets for stuff, if the dress is that big why not have secret compartments? like N siad to me the other day when i was saying i wanted a plain dress, "if you ever want one of those big puffy white dresses, id say get it now, here is your chance and i don''t blame you." very pracital, as you can tell i don''t like real puffy but i did change my stance a little.
i am guessing from what i read that maybe the back loopy part will have to be adjusted.
but i really like it, with dresses its hard to tell if it may be the model and how she wear it????

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
missismene - first of all, I would not consider that dress "puffy" in any way - there are no ruffles or fluffy crinolines. 16 years ago, my wedding dress had a crinoline that was so puffy it stood up on it''s own (cellentani hangs head in shame). There was no way to pack it, so I left it in the hotel room the day after the wedding. The housekeeping staff probably talked about that one for awhile. Secondly, I would not assume that the loops in the back need to be altered. I would try it on with an open mind. Just don''t dismiss the dress because of it, because it can always be made a little more demure or possibly removed alltogether. Make sure you can sit comfortably in it, too. My overall impression is that it is one of the most elegant wedding dresses I''ve seen - you, at a wispy size 2, could definitely rock that.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
try it on, try it on, try it on! And then post the pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results