shape
carat
color
clarity

Am hoping that it''s not all in my head but feeling excited!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies,

I posted a few weeks ago after my birthday to say that my SO had said he was going to start saving for a ring. He didn''t really want to tell me this as he has always wanted the whole thing to be a surprise but I think he realises that the waiting is REALLY getting to me. Anyway, he told me it would probably take him about two months to save enough.

Now you might remember me posting to say that my best friend''s mum died a few weeks ago. Her mum lived in Spain (while we are all live in the UK.) The funeral was in Spain but there was another service in England which SO and I attended. Two weeks ago my friend called to ask if me and SO wanted to go over to Spain during the Easter holidays as they were having a memorial service on the beach for her mum. Unfortunately my SO can''t have the time off work so I said that I would go with her. It''s only for four days.

Soooooooo this got me thinking, SO won''t see me for those four days BUT he will have the Sunday and Monday off from work (it was the Friday and Saturday he couldn''t have) and it will have been over two months, meaning he should have his ring money available and I can''t help thinking he would have time to have some sort of surprise ready for when I get back.... I could be reading too much into this and getting excited for nothing but I can''t help it! It''s also our 8 year anniversary the week after so it seems like a good time to do something.

No doubt I will be disappointed as I often have these little fantasies in my head BUT I am still remaining hopeful!!

What do you think??
1.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh! That could be a really good time for him to set something up, you''re right! Hopefully you don''t say anything like that to him because if he thought you suspected something, that might make him do it another time since you''ve said he wants it to be a total surprise. But that does sound like it could be good!! Very exciting!
36.gif

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Good point Gwen!! Will make sure I don''t mention it at all. Just hoping he never comes on here as he hinted once that he knew about it and would be sure to recognise my username....

IF YOU ARE READING THIS JUST DO IT ANYWAY!!!
1.gif

I wake up with some elaborate plan in my head everyday anyway so am always on the lookout. Keeping my fingers crossed and asking for lots of dust please ladies!!

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 9:13:07 AM
Author: chocolatefudge
Good point Gwen!! Will make sure I don''t mention it at all. Just hoping he never comes on here as he hinted once that he knew about it and would be sure to recognise my username....

1.gif

I wake up with some elaborate plan in my head everyday anyway so am always on the lookout. Keeping my fingers crossed and asking for lots of dust please ladies!!
LOL Too cute!
21.gif

Chocolate- I love following your story, and as a fellow "8 year-er" (if thats a word!), I totally know everything you have gone through, are going through, and will go through. So I REAALLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY hope this is it for you! I am sending a TON of dust your way!!

I have lost track of the amount of times I thought he was going to do it. So many things come to mind, when I was SO sure "this is it" and then....nada. And then turns out after talking to him, it never even occurred to him to do it then! lol boys
20.gif
So again, I know the feeling. So DUST DUST DUST that this IS IT!!!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 9:13:07 AM

1.gif

Haha...this made me laugh too!
9.gif

I''ve also been following your story and I will be sending a whole truckload of dust your way!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
cute!! lots of dust your way! :)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! Sending lots of dust!!!!! Keep us posted!

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!
1.gif

Glad people are saying they are enjoying my story, I feel like all I ever do is come on here and moan!! Ha ha!

Will keep you all posted!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
chocolatefudge, I''ve said it before, I cannot *wait* for you to get engaged. As a fellow 8-year''er, too, I send tons of dust, dust, dust to you!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
chocolate- I think it sounds highly possible! That would be incredibly exciting. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. If not, I''m sure you will have a lovely time regardless though. Keep us updated!
2.gif

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Chocolate, I really, really, REALLY hope this is it! Fingers, toes, and paws at my house are crossed for you!

BUT, and not to be a Debbie Downer, I need to caution you strongly to try and not get your hopes up. I would hate to see you disappointed again. If it doesn't happen this time, you'll be disappointed anyway, but not to the same extent you would be if you were "sure" this was it.

Take care, sending you truckloads of engagement dust!

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies!

Brooklyngirl I know exactly what you mean, I am trying my best to remain level headed as I have got my hopes up many times before and it''s never happened... Gotta happen sometime though, right?
1.gif

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
I really hope so, CF, I really do!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I''m really hoping for you chocolatefudge. Your stories always make me wonder why all of these obvious opporunities are obvilious to men.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 1:58:00 PM
Thanks everyone!
1.gif

Glad people are saying they are enjoying my story, I feel like all I ever do is come on here and moan!! Ha ha!

Will keep you all posted!
No way, we are all pulling for you!
36.gif

babygirl

Shiny_Rock
So cute, cf!!! Lots and lots of dust for you!! (Though I definitely think you should try to rope your bf into tagging along with you to Spain- so romantic!)

And I''m totally jealous that he''s such a speedy saver!! Mine started saving (and probably playing too much golf or something) in about September... I''m stilll waiting!! Hopefully this means I can expect nothing less than 4 carats!
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results