shape
carat
color
clarity

Alternatives to tanning?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I''ve been going tanning for a number of years, off and on. Usually I''ll start in the spring going a couple days a week until I get a light tan, then I''ll go about twice a week for the rest of the summer. I''m really fair-skinned/pasty by nature, and without a tan, I feel flabbier and you can see the veins under my skin running through my body!
14.gif
The problem is:
1. I''ve had a bout of cancer in the past and don''t want it to return!
2. I''m starting to get freckles everywhere, especially my arms and a couple on my face. Not that there''s anything wrong with freckles, but I don''t want to end up covered in them someday!
3. I''m 25 and only look about 19/20. I want to keep that up! When I''m 40 and up, I''d like to look 5 or 6 years younger, and tanning will not be conducive to that!

The other problem is this: I HATE self-tanners (lotions, sprays, etc.). I''ve seen the mystic tans where they airbrush the tans on you. Personally, all the girls I''ve seen that done to look slightly orange. Plus it only lasts about a week and I''ve heard it can rub off on clothing. I wear alot of white in the summer, so I definitely don''t want that happening!

What do I do?? I hate being so pale. I try to tell myself that it''s ok, that I''m "staying young", but then I put on a cute low-cut top and BAM! my pasty chest and blue veins everywhere! NOT very sexy!

Thanks for any suggestions!
28.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
You may want to try a new type of self tanner even if you dislike them. The new airbrush style you buy at department stores work good and the price is good. A friend did her legs with a kit from walmart and they looked great
21.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I like the mystic tan. I don''t turn orange and it doesn''t rub off on my clothes. You can do the mystic then keep it up with the jergens glow lotion.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
MMM, thanks for the link! I think I may go out today and hunt the stores for that jergens stuff, looks promising!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results