shape
carat
color
clarity

Alterations - change the DESIGN?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies,

So - I''m sitting at a friends chatting away the other night, and Wheel of Fortune is on the background. I find myself unable to tear my eyes away from Vanna... then I realize, she has on my wedding gown! Only hers was a beautiful deep purple, and it was one shouldered... mines strapless. So that got me thinking... do I want mine one shouldered too?

What are your thoughts? (here''s my gown)

THE gown Modern Trouseau....jpg

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm... it''s not wanting to upload...

MT my gown.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful dress!!! I had to laugh that you couldn''t take your eyes off Vanna - so funny that she had your dress on!!!

I must tell you, I am quite partial to the one-shouldered myself. In fact, I am designing a gown and am pretty sure it will be one-shouldered. I have been told that it might look "dated" but that just doesn''t bother me. All my guests clothes, hair, makeup at some point will look dated. What am I trying to do, hide the fact that I got married in 2010? Anyway, it seems as if one-shouldered gowns are making an appearance right now, so if you want to go for it, I say go for it!

I think it would look pretty cool with that gown. You could always have them mock something up and see what you think about it before you seal the deal! I would love another one-shouldered bride here on PS!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
if you have them make something detachable, you could go either way depending on your mood the day of the wedding (can you tell i tend to be indecisive? hehehe!), but i think your dress is gorgeous as is...not to say it wouldn''t also be fabulous as a one-shoulder gown. that dress is so beautiful, you could add rainbow-colored paw prints in puff paint, and it''d still be pretty!

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
Your dress is simply stunning!
30.gif
30.gif
I think it would be beautiful either way but personally I (if it were mine) would leave it as is. I know whatever you choose will be beautiful! Please let us know what you decide.
Have you found any pictures of this dress(in any color) with the one shoulder? Please post if you do!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful and I would leave it as it is. I think the one shoulder will make it more dated.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 12:36:01 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
It is beautiful and I would leave it as it is. I think the one shoulder will make it more dated.

ditto!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 12:36:01 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Ditto to this.

This is why I haven't bought any one shouldered dresses. I like to re-wear my dresses over more than one year if they are good ones and one-shoulder is soon to be dated and will be dated when you look back on the photos years from now.

Your dress is perfect as is. Strapless is classic.
1.gif

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies! I''m looking for a picture of the one Vanna wore - I feel like I''m twelve again lusting after Vanna White''s job... can you imagine! You could wear EVERY dress you ever loved! The PERFECT job! LOL

LeeNY: I really wanted one shouldered, but (like doodle) I am SO indecisive. And the ladies who are worried about it being dated... that''s why I almost always go with something really classic... I don''t want to be that 2009 faux paux! LOL! And then again - we all have images of 80''s wedding dresses in our heads... and who DOESN''T LOVE a good 80''s party! We still love wearing those "bad" fashions... ;-) Having said that... I still LOVE the look of the one shouldered! As I''m gutless - I''ll probably leave it as is... but you''d better believe I''ll keep an eye out for a pic of the 1 shouldered... I have 7 months - I could change my mind a million times by then!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t do it, but only because I would be too afraid that something would go wrong in an uncorrectable way and not because I didn''t think it would look good or dated if it worked out. I totally advise finding a dressmaker or designer, if you are braver than me and would decide to do these kind of alterations. It takes creativity to transform a dress and a different kind of talent than it takes to do alterations. Also, the WoF dress was probably custom designed, rather than just customized, so you will want to extensively discuss that the changes are even possible.

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
Okay... here''s Vanna!

This picture makes me think I should leave it strapless... who knows! But I still wanna be Vanna!

Vanna!.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope. Prefer yours. Gorgeous.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They''d have to remake the whole top part of your dress to do that. It looks fine on Vanna for an evening gown. But no way would I change your wedding gown to look like that!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Glitterazzi,

Would you have them change the sweetheart neckline too? To make it more like Vanna''s?

I don''t think the one shoulder thing is dated at all. Jackie O had a famous dress that was one shouldered, other people have them. The style doesn''t necessarily come and go, it''s always there and I think it looks really pretty.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Oh I
30.gif
it strapless personally..I say keep it the same.
36.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I personally don''t think the one-shouldered style is going anywhere anytime soon, but after seeing the pic, I have to say, I would not change your dress. I think it is a million times more beautiful with the sweetheart neckline!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Your dress is stunning. Please, please don''t change it!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I also don''t like it one-shouldered, but if you wanted to make any changes, you could think about either spaghetti straps or a wide-set halter straps. I can understand the desire to make a strapless dress not strapless because I''m doing the exact same thing. I''m adding halter straps to mine. Have fun!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d leave it strapless too.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Agreeing with everyone so far who says to keep it strapless. That neckline that you already have is amazing! I do think, though, that you could always get an amazing one-shouldered dress for the rehearsal or some other event
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results