shape
carat
color
clarity

Aloha, Pricescope!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I''m back! We had a great time, despite vacationing with my family (who are all loud and very high-stress, a tough situation for low-key, laid-back Kyle). Sunday, December 4th, after a day of snorkeling, we decided to take some time for just the two of us (which had thus far been hard to come by) and go on a romantic, sunset dinner cruise. I had suggested the cruise, and despite my opinion that Hawaii would be a great place for a proposal, I had not seen any suspicious behavior which would make me think that he had planned on any such activity while on vacation, and since we were already halfway through the vacation I didn''t really expect it to happen on the trip. (Which, surprisingly enough, didn''t really bug me like I thought it would... I was just having a good time.)

Anyway!... so Sunday night we decided to go on a romantic-sunset-dinner-cruise. We spent the morning snorkeling and then it started to rain... it rained the entire time we were getting all dressed up, but it started to clear up while we were walking to the shuttle meeting point, at which point, Kyle says, "Hey, if the rain clears up, you want to go for a walk on the beach when we get back? Get us a little more time away?" and I agree that sounds like a great idea.

Our romantic-sunset-dinner-cruise turns out to be a family-friendly fun buffet sunset dinner cruise, complete with bus cheering competitions (we were bus #1) in which we "were ALL winners!" of the grand prize (the privilege to start off the first dance song... that''s right, it was: the Macarena!) and an upbeat dance medley consisting of such American classics as the Electric Slide, the Conga line, and the Hokey Pokey. Romantic? Certainly not. But we did have a lot of fun.
2.gif

After the bus dropped us off after dinner, we headed off to walk on moonlit Waikiki Beach, stilettos in hand. The sand was still damp from the rain and the water was cold but it was nice to have some quiet time with my honey. The clouds had cleared and the sky was black, scattered with stars, and the moon seemed so close, reflecting off the water like glass and making the white caps glow, even as far away as the horizon. We walked for a while and chatted about the trip, then stopped and talked about an issue that had come up the day before we left... something which deeply troubled both of us, and which we didn''t have a chance to discuss before we left. We''d had time to think about it now and had calmed down so we could talk about it civilly; turns out it wasn''t as big a deal as either of us thought. That being settled, we spent a few minutes holding each other close and I could feel his heart beating hard through his chest and his belly. I wondered if the conversation had been harder on him than he''d let on... and then he took a ring from his pocket, said some unbelievably sweet things, and from one knee, asked me to marry him.

Of course I said yes!

We spent a few more minutes together, then went up to tell my family. A few days later we bought a little magnet for the fridge, a bottle filled with sand and seashells. By removing the cork, we could dump out the sand, and we refilled it with sand from "our spot". Since Kyle bought a temporary ring, I''m going to see if we can get another from the same vendor in a size 2, and add that to the bottle.

As for the ring, currently I''m wearing approx 1.5ct on a cathedral eternity setting (good choice on a temp!), all CZ of course, while we''re looking for "the" ring. I''m sure I''ll be asking questions on my final setting choice but hoping to figure it out soon!
1.gif

No pics of us for the engagement but here''s one from North Shore the next day:

kbocean.jpg

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
Yay goldengirl!!!!! What a lovely proposal! Congratulations!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! That sounds like a perfect proposal!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Yipee!!!! Congrats GG!
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwwwwww, such a great story and update! I want to see pics of the temp ring!!!!!!

Congratulations, GG!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful story!! Congrats GG!!!
9.gif
36.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock

yah for GOLDENGIRL !!!! I''m soooooooooooooo thrilled ! you were the inspiration for all of us on this list and now you have graduated !! It''s a wonderful story and a beautiful place to remember as your engagement spot AND I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of that bottle !! I have a little perfume bottle that is a necklace and in it is sand from the beach at home and rose petals my Mom gave me when I first left home. Keepsakes are the BEST !

I am soooo delighted and happy for you and envious of your sunny Hawaii pics, we''ve had white-out conditions here most of the day, loads of snow all round !

Enjoy all the excitement - congrats again !
*BIGHAPPYHUGS*
C

ellewoods

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Goldengirl!
36.gif

What a perfect proposal! And after you were thinking it wasn''t going to happen on the trip.....and you weren''t upset by that either. What a wonderful place to start your lives together. Best wishes!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! That is so excited, and you were so worried it was going to be boy soon. I''m so happy for you!!!

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

What a fab proposal! Even though we all adore you, can I say we''re thrilled that you are OFF THIS LIST!
9.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
YAY GG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What absolutely spectacular wonderful fantastic happy happy happy news!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Love the proposal, how perfect!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Yayyy Congratulations!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
That sounds perfect!!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!!!!! I''m so happy for you GoldenGirl!
36.gif
emotion-19.gif
36.gif

Congrats on your engagement & graduation from the LIW''s! What a sweet, sweet proposal too.
30.gif

Now....onto the ring hunt!
emotion-5.gif

caligal

Shiny_Rock
GG- I''m sooo excited for you!!!! I had no idea you were so young- you two are adorable!! And in Hawaii, my favorite place in the world- HUGE CONGRATS!!!
36.gif
36.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!
36.gif
What a sweet proposal! Hawaii is soooo romantic and such a great place for a proposal!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much, everybody... I am so happy we've taken this step (I still get a little thrill when I call him my "fiance"!!) but there's so much other stuff to do to make this happen... finances and timing, of course. I think my family's going to chip in a bit but I think we're mostly on our own. Plus we're trying/hoping to move next May-ish so that's a big expense which will have to be budgeted for, as well. Given that information, I think we'll marry in either May or September '07. If my family surprises me with a generous contribution, we may be able to make it September '06 or May '07, since the only concern would be timing.

Ack!! I need my UW to come back, now that I'm planning!!!
9.gif

PS: we're 22. It's really funny that you say we're so young, caligal, because when we told my parents, their reaction was "FINALLY!" (we've been dating for two years
20.gif
) and then then something about how it's a good thing we're doing it now, because they (my parents) were really old when they (my parents) got married; when Kyle asked how old was "really old," after some consideration, they said: 23.
20.gif
20.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Sounds like a romantic place for a proposal! And so cool that you get to pick out THE RING together! Enjoy this time and don''t worry about the wedding planning.
2.gif
Everything will fall into place!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh GoldenGirl,
I am THRILLED for you! I''ve been crossing my fingers for you for so very long!
What a sweet and romantic proposal for you two to remember forever! I saw your post on the BWW section and had to hop over here to make sure it was true.
Jump up and down, hurrah hurrah hurrah! You got the proposal, and you still get to look forward to getting the diamond.
Tybee

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS, sweetie!!!! I''m so happy for you. :) And I wanna see pics of the temp ring too!! Who cares if it''s a temp, we still wanna see it!! :)

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, sorry, sorry... I am trying to get pics now!! (BAD GG!! BAD!!)
9.gif

Tybee, you caught me on the BWW before I had a chance to put it up here: looks like I was WRONG, *he* doesn''t want to wait that long to get married!
6.gif
(Actually, in his own words, it was: "I''d get married next weekend if we had it all planned; I''m ready to marry you NOW, that''s why I proposed!")

So September or October ''06... nine months?!?!
23.gif

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
YAY!!! A proposal in Hawaii...sounds perfect! Best wishes to you, Golden Girl!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

what type of ring will you be looking for...such excitement!!!!

klr
30.gif
prongs

icekid

Ideal_Rock
holy crap GG! did you have any idea this was coming so soon?? it seemed like you were thinking the proposal was in the boy soon range. and it sounds like the proposal was SO sweet too. The boys deserve more credit than we give them sometimes.

But I am SO thrilled for you. You were at the top of the list for quite a while
2.gif

YAY, you''re engaged!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
BIG congrats to you GG!! It's such an exciting time!! You two are going to have such a blast finding the real ring & and planning the wedding!

don't worry- you can swing Sept.-Oct. 06.
That's when we are looking to wed too, and we just got engaged Nov. 28 of this year.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/9/2005 10:12:02 PM
Author: icekid
holy crap GG! did you have any idea this was coming so soon??

Not a clue!! I was hoping, of course, but had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that it wouldn''t happen until next year.

Date: 12/9/2005 9:56:19 PM
Author: heart prongs

what type of ring will you be looking for...such excitement!!!!

Not quite sure, actually. I''d *really* love to do a semi-eternity shared prong, but am on a limited budget, so we''ll see how that turns out. If it''s not in the works, I''ll get a solitaire and upgrade later.
2.gif

Date: 12/9/2005 10:21:16 PM
Author: jcrow
don''t worry- you can swing Sept.-Oct. 06.
That''s when we are looking to wed too, and we just got engaged Nov. 28 of this year.

If I were staying here, I know I could do it. My concern is that 1)we''re moving, which is expensive, 2)we''re moving, which means I can''t visit the venues or meet the vendors until less than four months before, and 3)we''re moving, so I don''t know what kind of job he might have once we get there and/or how that might effect our already-limited budget.

But gosh, he was just so cute when his face fell at the thought of waiting 1.5-2 years to get married!!
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aloha Goldengirl & CONGRATS!!! All the excitement of being engaged combined with the excitement of ring picking ... FABULOUS! (Not to mention the awesome trip to Hawaii!). What a sweet time to be YOU! Can''t wait to see pix of the proposal rock & follow the progress to E-ring city.
Wheeeee!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Goldengirl - CONGRATULATIONS!!
36.gif
You two are so cute in the picture! And what a romantic place for your proposal! I''m so glad he didn''t make you wait until next year. Also, I totally got a laugh out of your parents thinking you guys were so old to get engaged and saying finally! My parents, and my bf''s, are the exact opposites. Hopefully you''ll get the pictures of your ring uploaded soon...any idea what you''d like the real one to be like?
Congratulations, again! Hope you''ll still check in with us LIW still here every once in a while
1.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congrats GG! That''s great how your bf surprised you with a proposal!

I think it''s great that your FIANCE wants to get married sooner rather than later. That''s what happened with my fiance as well. We were thinking 2007 as well (after he finishes grad school) but after getting engaged, he (and I) wanted sooner...so 2006 it is! I also got engaged at Hawaii! It''s beautiful there!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! You have NO idea how happy I am for you! The proposal sounds beautiful!Hawaaaaaiiii... ooohh.. And you and FI are ADORABLE!!!!!

Jenjen

Rough_Rock
Congratulations, Goldengirl!

I''ve been following your "saga" for some time, and I''m so glad it finally happened, and in Hawaii to boot! Best wishes on your engagement and have fun picking out your ring when the time comes!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif

Perry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results