shape
carat
color
clarity

Almost like Christmas!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
So, me being me, I''ve been asking and asking to have a Christmas present early this year. My fiance has been adamant that I will have to wait, but guess what surprise he had for me last night when I got to Georgia??

Better than anything I was expecting!!

My wedding band!! He says I can''t wear it, but he did let me try it on and if I can get a good picture of it, he''s agreed to let me post it. Yay!

It doesn''t have the emeralds, but looking at it now, the diamonds are so small, I''m not sure they''d be detectable, anyway. We''re thinking of taking it to another jeweler to see if they can make it work, since this jeweler went a little odd on us and said that emeralds are too soft of a gem to be placed with diamonds in a channel setting. Not sure I buy that, but I''ve not looked into it, either. I think Paul''s talked to a few jewelers around the area, and some of them said if we brought it in after the holidays, they could hook it up. We shall see.

Now I''m off to take pictures!!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
This is it.
9.gif

weddingband26.JPG

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Merry Christmas Fisher! That is very exciting! They look great together. You may not get to wear it right now, but someday, you''ll get to wear it everyday for the rest of your life!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
It looks great Fisher! I''ve actually heard of emerald''s being too soft for every day wear. My mom had a diamond and emerald ring that she used to wear every day and the emeralds just got destroyed. Now granted, she never took the ring off, but they are supposed to be fairly "soft" stones.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Emeralds are definitly not as sturdy as diamonds and are not usually recommended for everday wear in a ring.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is a perfect fit! Congratulations, it is gorgeous!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
The ring needs to be sized down a bit yet; but all in all, I''m loving it!!

Thank you for the kind comments. We spoke to a jeweler today who said he thinks one emerald on either side of the channel set shouldn''t be a big deal at all, particularly if we decide to use the synthetic, because it tends to be a harder stone. We may leave it as is, and that way I can get an emerald ring later on to honor the month my boy was born. Who knows...

We also picked up Paul''s ring tonight. He changed his mind. Again.
31.gif
Do you remember the posts I made at the start of our search for wedding bands? I thought he''d love Titanium, but we were worried about the fact that it couldn''t be sized later. Turns out, hammered finished white gold is rarely able to be sized, as well as milgrained white gold. And he''d always preferred the less shiny material. So, it got switched to this beauty! I love it on his hand, and he says it feels like he''s wearing nothing at all, and in the past, every ring he''s tried on has felt a bit heavy or awkward to him.

paulsweddingband.JPG

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
It''s hard to see the detail in that picture, but it''s smooth and shiny on the edges, and the wide mid-section is brushed or something to make it a bit more dull. He loves that it doesn''t shine too much or look *blingy* since he says that''s for girls only. Some guys wouldn''t agree, but I could only get him to try on one ring with diamonds, and he was *SO* not comfortable with it.

I love the way this ring looks on him, and I love that he seems happier about having to wear a ring, since it is so comfortable to him. Since we brought it home tonight, he''s asked to see it and *wear it again real quick* more than once or twice.

I LOVE that he''s a smidgen as giddy as I was when I saw my wedding band. It''s so preicous to see him all happy and excited about it, too.

27 days to go til we get to wear them every single day!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Merry Christmas, Fisher!! What a great gift!! It is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like the finish on his band! Very masculine. Your WB looks gorgeous with your e-ring! Congratulations!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty band, Fisher! Please don''t put emeralds in it..as others have said, they won''t hold up to daily wear, cleanings, etc. Save the emeralds for a special right hand ring for Paul to give you for an anniversary or something. Then you can just wear it occasionally and take care of the emeralds.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful band, fisher! As far as the emeralds go....I wouldn''t advise them for the ring either. I don''t know of a single emerald in an every day ring that hasn''t been damaged. Maybe you could do one in a pendant in the future?

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Paul says I can get an emerald ring for our first anniversary or our first Christmas as a married couple. So, I guess we''re settling with the band as it is now, only sized down. He trusts what the Pricescopers say, he says. I do, too.

Happy New Year everyone!!

19 days to go!!! WHOO HOOO!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy new year too! Wow-you must be so excited with only 19 days to go!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations fisher, it''s beautiful! 19 days...wow!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mom wears her emeralds 24/7 and hasn''t had any problems but they are risky. That is so great you got your wedding bands! That is so fun! Waiting to wear them full time is hard though.
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results