shape
carat
color
clarity

Almost bridezilla moment...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
My FI got a voicemail from his father today. He asked if my FI proposed to me over the V-day weekend, as he heard he had given me a ring.
23.gif

Fi called him back and asked if he was serious--- he WAS!!!!! Truly, 100% wondering if FI had gotten engaged over last weekend.

Fi and I have been engaged since March 2009.

I almost flipped out... Oh gosh... I really wanted to. His family pretty much hates me and excludes me from everything, but how insulting is that?? He seriously forgot we were getting married. Well, not only that, his step-mother "forgot" as well.
38.gif

If I had to bet on it... they won''t be making it to the wedding either... but then again, they might ask in a few years when the wedding is
20.gif
20.gif

OMG!! Has anyone ever heard of that happening??
39.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, SB! How rude and just plain wrong!! I can see how you almost had a bridezilla moment. But think of the bright side...less people to pay for at the reception. It''s not worth it getting upset, it''s their loss that they won''t be there! Good luck, sweetie and hugs to you!!

22.gif
Yes, that''ll help!

I mean, really, I don''t care if they go, but I hope they would go for the sake of FI.. he''s an only child even!

If anyone is wondering, they''re not senile either.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i don''t think that is bridezilla at all! thats just down right rude
38.gif

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
This is not a nice thing to have happen! By chance is there any slight chance he has early on-set Alzheimer''s??? Not that it would improve the situation at all, just a thought as my grandmother often forgot things like this when dementia began.

I had Future-Father-In-Law call me before the proposal and asked me to stop pressuring FI b/c he was going to do it the coming weekend if I would only agree to go to the beach with him!!! Can you even believe that one???
32.gif

In-laws are their own breed...that''s for sure!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
IMO, I expect more from FAMILY, but they are human and you can''t make them be nice! Consider the source and try to let it go.

It is YOUR special day no matter what! As long as you and FI are happy, nothing else matters!

BIG HUGS!

Lori

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
He''s either got early-onset dementia, or he''s an idiot. Either way, you''ve got to pity him.

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 6:05:15 AM
Author: LilyKat
He''s either got early-onset dementia, or he''s an idiot. Either way, you''ve got to pity him.

Ha...the idiot part got a chuckle out of me.

But there is just one possible choice...MEN! Men never hear anything. Yes it has been a year since you were engaged. You are in the midst of planning so to you...it is old news.

He may not have been told...He may have been told way back on March of 09 when March Madness was on...or perhaps at the end of long tirade from the wife...he had already tuned out. Distractions seem to trump facts expressed. I just had this same experience with my Husband. We had more than one conversation about such and such a year ago...he is adamant that last week was the first time he heard of it!

So...dementia, idiot, and MEN! (this is my only man bash...I seem to like everything else about them!)

and an added hug for you. I too am an inlaw outcast. Shake it off baby! It is a bigger sisterhood than you think!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry hun, that''s terrible
8.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
23.gif

I feel sorry for your poor FI. Imagine being engaged for a year and finding out your own father couldn''t be bothered to remember. Ouch.

Forget them!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
In the words of Stephanie Tanner, "HOW RUDE!!!!!!!"
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results