shape
carat
color
clarity

All right you crazy enablers - come vote. Do they stay or go?

Do they stay or do they go?

• Yes! Keep them! They look great no matter how much they cost!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, send them back. It wasn''t love at first sight and they were expensive!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 6:15:59 PM
Author: geckodani

TGal - These are the WF RSG in .25tcw. They were $450. I've been saving since November.
OK so you saved for say, 5 months give or take, right? With Christmas and the new apartment in between.

So, let's say you send them back. Hold onto the $450. Do you think by August you'd have another $450 or so?

What can you get from WF for $900?? Have a look. August isn't that far away and maybe it's worth it for something you LOVE.

Handmade Full Bezel ready set go .50 ctw $950 http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Diamond_Studs/Handmade-Full-Bezel-Diamond-Earrings--Ready-Set-To-Go-_1224.htm

Huggies $795.00 http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Diamond_Studs/Huggable-Diamond-Earrings_1133.htm

W-Prong .50 ctw $990 http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Diamond_Studs/-W-Prong--Diamond-Earrings-by-WF--READY-SET-TO-GO_951.htm

"XO" .50 ctw $1100 http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Diamond_Studs/-XO--Diamond-Earrings--READY-SET-TO-GO_927.htm

They are really cute but I think you may always consider them a 'second choice'. But if you look at the timeframe for your saving, you could probably hit $1000 by end of the summer. WOW then go shopping! (I'll come with you!) There are so many more choices for another 5 months of savings...
31.gif

LS

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I think they ook great but voted to send them back. Someone suggested getting jackets and that might be a great option too.

P.S. you two make a great couple
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the scattered diamond hoops. Here is my thread with some ear shots.. Linky
1.gif
There are close ups of the earrings on page 2

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 7:15:09 PM
Author: LostSapphire

TGal - These are the WF RSG in .25tcw. They were $450. I''ve been saving since November.
OK so you saved for say, 5 months give or take, right? With Christmas and the new apartment in between.

So, let''s say you send them back. Hold onto the $450. Do you think by August you''d have another $450 or so?

What can you get from WF for $900?? Have a look. August isn''t that far away and maybe it''s worth it for something you LOVE.

Handmade Full Bezel ready set go .50 ctw $950 http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Diamond_Studs/Handmade-Full-Bezel-Diamond-Earrings--Ready-Set-To-Go-_1224.htm

Huggies $795.00 http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Diamond_Studs/Huggable-Diamond-Earrings_1133.htm

W-Prong .50 ctw $990 http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Diamond_Studs/-W-Prong--Diamond-Earrings-by-WF--READY-SET-TO-GO_951.htm

''XO'' .50 ctw $1100 http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Diamond_Studs/-XO--Diamond-Earrings--READY-SET-TO-GO_927.htm

They are really cute but I think you may always consider them a ''second choice''. But if you look at the timeframe for your saving, you could probably hit $1000 by end of the summer. WOW then go shopping! (I''ll come with you!) There are so many more choices for another 5 months of savings...
31.gif

LS
Well, in that case...
2.gif

Meh.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 7:17:38 PM
Author: Maisie
I have the scattered diamond hoops. Here is my thread with some ear shots.. Linky
1.gif
30.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey Gecko, you really rock the short hair!! I love it! I still think they are great for the second piercing and suit you perfectly, but you''re the one who needs to be happy with them.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 7:13:50 PM
Author: thing2of2

Date: 3/27/2009 6:30:19 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Sad to say, but I voted to send ''em back. If you don''t love ''em a fair bit today you are likely not going to love ''em any more tomorrow...

*Signed*

Been there, done that, Dee!

Ditto! If you need to make a poll on PS to decide, I think that means you don''t need them! Plus they hurt your ears which is another good reason to send them back.
Is there a nodding avatar? LOL! I need one. I''m nodding.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 7:25:54 PM
Author: LostSapphire

Date: 3/27/2009 7:20:06 PM

Date: 3/27/2009 7:17:38 PM
Author: Maisie
1.gif
30.gif
Gecko: THOSE are totally doable. Even in Platinum!
And would look FAB with your hair! (FIRST-HOLE WORTHY TOO!)

LINK: http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Diamond_Studs/Scattered-Diamond-Hoops_1144.htm

LS
I think I'd probably wear them more too.

Rainwood - thanks! I luvs my short hair!
9.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Honestly? I say send 'em back, mostly because it sounds like you're still not in love. They look fabulous in your second hole, especially with a pair of hoops in the first...which is why I vote to exchange 'em for WF scattered diamond hoops or the WF Huggables in WG (with bezel studs for the second holes in the future).
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 7:30:52 PM
Author: EBree
Honestly? I say send ''em back, mostly because it sounds like you''re still not in love. They look fabulous in your second hole, especially with a pair of hoops in the first...which is why I vote to exchange ''em for WF scattered diamond hoops or the WF Huggables in WG (with bezel studs for the second holes in the future).
9.gif
Heh. Maybe when DH has been a lawyer for a while and it doesn''t take me 5 months to afford them, eh? LOL!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 7:26:35 PM

Ditto! If you need to make a poll on PS to decide, I think that means you don''t need them! Plus they hurt your ears which is another good reason to send them back.
Uhhuh.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 7:48:25 PM
Author: Ellen

Ditto! If you need to make a poll on PS to decide, I think that means you don't need them! Plus they hurt your ears which is another good reason to send them back.
Is there a nodding avatar? LOL! I need one. I'm nodding.
Uhhuh.gif
Thank you Ellen. You're a dear.
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome.
face23.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 7:50:02 PM

Uhhuh.gif

Thank you Ellen. You''re a dear.
9.gif

Meh...she''s a''ight!
25.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 7:03:17 PM

Date: 3/27/2009 7:01:05 PM
Author: poshpepper

Date: 3/27/2009 6:01:09 PM
Author:geckodani
But - DH thinks they look awesome in the second hole, and I have no idea what I would spend the money on instead, LOL!
I agree with your hubby that they look great in the second hole, they are a great size for that!

I voted to keep them, but wanted to add that if you are not in love with them you should send them back and perhaps keep adding to your money to get something later... all depends on how much you would wear them and how much joy you will get out of them
1.gif
Here's the screwed up part - I'm not sure I'd wear bigger ones, LOL!!!
Egads, woman
6.gif
Maybe you prefer hoops to studs after all. I think they look great in the second hole. As I mentioned in your first thread, I have .25ctw for my second holes and really like that size. If you think that would be too big, why not keep these and save up for diamond hoops for your first piercings. If you don't think you will wear/love them, send them back
1.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say send them back! They look great in your second hole but deep down you want BIGGER, so save up!
27.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 8:14:39 PM

Date: 3/27/2009 7:50:02 PM

Uhhuh.gif

Thank you Ellen. You''re a dear.
9.gif

Meh...she''s a''ight!
25.gif
6.gif
11.gif
slap4.gif
/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif[/img]

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them in the second hole! I do think they are too small for the first hole and that is probably why you are underwhelmed by them. .50 ctw is still really small but would show up much better in the main holes.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they look adorable in either hole. But what matters is what YOU think.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I vote send them back, although the shipping costs aren''t fun. If you aren''t totally in love with something you saved that long for, it''s not worth keeping. I''d save the money and put some more away for something larger. I think they look great in your second hole, but if that''s not why you bought them and not where you really want to wear them, you should get something larger.
For the size they are very cute little sparklers!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 6:13:26 PM

Author: TravelingGal

Gecko how much are we talking about here, ballpark? I think they look great, but not 100's and 100's great.

I have .80 ctw in platinum and while I love them, if I had to do it over again I would have spent the money on something else. I guess I'm not that much of an earring person and they get dirty so darn fast.

TGal - These are the WF RSG in .25tcw. They were $450. I've been saving since November.

I love them in your second piercing. I really do.

But ditto... if you need a poll to keep em, you aren't in love with them. And that's a lot of money!

LOVE your hair!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 9:15:27 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 3/27/2009 6:13:26 PM

Author: TravelingGal

Gecko how much are we talking about here, ballpark? I think they look great, but not 100''s and 100''s great.

I have .80 ctw in platinum and while I love them, if I had to do it over again I would have spent the money on something else. I guess I''m not that much of an earring person and they get dirty so darn fast.

TGal - These are the WF RSG in .25tcw. They were $450. I''ve been saving since November.

I love them in your second piercing. I really do.

But ditto... if you need a poll to keep em, you aren''t in love with them. And that''s a lot of money!

LOVE your hair!
LOL - Thanks!

Well, they''re packed up and heading back tomorrow.

And I''ll do some thinking about what to replace them with.
1.gif

Thank you for everyone that voted and commented. I wanted so badly to love them. But - if someone else posted this poll.... I''d tell them to send them back.
20.gif
Sometimes I''m silly.
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you are making the right choice. They were really lovely though!

I don''t know if you want something now, or are willing to wait... but you know we''re always willing to help!
31.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I voted to keep them! I know you should LOVE them at first sight, but they look sooooo good in the second hole! Also, do you think you might miss them if you sent them back? I felt that way about a pair of DBTY earrings from WhiteFlash recently, so I sent them back. They were lovely, but after trying them on - I realized they weren''t quite me. So I understand the feeling! I do! Thank goodness WF is so amazing all around so you won''t have any problem.
19.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 9:41:22 PM
Author: Bliss
I voted to keep them! I know you should LOVE them at first sight, but they look sooooo good in the second hole! Also, do you think you might miss them if you sent them back? I felt that way about a pair of DBTY earrings from WhiteFlash recently, so I sent them back. They were lovely, but after trying them on - I realized they weren''t quite me. So I understand the feeling! I do! Thank goodness WF is so amazing all around so you won''t have any problem.
19.gif
That''s exactly it Bliss. They''re lovely, but not... quite... what I was after.

They are pretty amazing at WF, aren''t they? Sheerah was so disappointed that I was disappointed, LOL.

As for will I miss them? Maybe a little. And I thought about that. But what sealed the decision for me was how sore my ears were when I took them out! I must have the teeniest holes or something, because those posts aren''t THAT thick, LOL! So if I do ever replace them, and I may, in the future, when such a purchase may be more commonplace, I''ll have to have them shave those posts down!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 9:31:11 PM
Author: Gypsy
I think you are making the right choice. They were really lovely though!

I don''t know if you want something now, or are willing to wait... but you know we''re always willing to help!
31.gif
Just got caught up, missed the vote, but wanted to ditto Gypsy in saying that I think you''re making the right choice. If they aren''t for you, they aren''t for you.
35.gif

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
I''m new and don''t have much to add about it, but visually, they look too small on you for my taste. But I like bigger. You have the ear size to go bigger.

Unfortunately, my ears are tiny, so .25cts would be huge on me
7.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
They looked great on you GD, but I think you made the right decision--you want to love them 100%.
1.gif

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 10:58:56 PM
Author: Feralpenchant
I''m new and don''t have much to add about it, but visually, they look too small on you for my taste. But I like bigger. You have the ear size to go bigger.

Unfortunately, my ears are tiny, so .25cts would be huge on me
7.gif

LOL!! I think only diamond lovers could complain about small ears!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results