shape
carat
color
clarity

All messed up

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mustng67

Rough_Rock
I"m screwed!
I am taking my g/f on a surprise trip on friday-monday
I was told the ring would be ready by Thursday but it wont be ready until TUESDAY!!
They whole reason for the trip was to propose
Now i have no ring and no big surprise.

Options
1. use a fake ring that is the same design but the wrong stone and size (round instead of princess) and with a lame wire fitting so it fits her finger.
2. forget the proposal for now and just have nice vacation
3. Scream and breakdown because you can''t rely on anyone to do what they say

I''m leaning towards 2 and 3. I''m pretty sure 3 is comming within a few hours.
So furious right now and upset
Anyone have thoughts?

T

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I think you should definitely still propose. You planned the trip around it, so go thru with it. Just tell her she''ll have the ring the day she gets back. I''m sure she isn''t going to care.

Best of luck!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry! I agree,
Still propose, and give her the ring the next day. If anything she''ll be so caught up by the proposal that it wont matter :)

you can always use a "stand in" ring if you want though.

mustng67

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback. I''m still unsure and have 1 more day to decide what to do.
Everything is payed for. I would cost an additional 400 to change the plans to the following week. The reason I''m doing it this week is because her birthday is next week and I wanted the engagement day to have its own special day and not be the same as our anniversary or her birthday. What I could do is tell her the trip is for her birthday and on her real birthday surprise her some how and she would never expect it coming. Funds are limited now so thats a downer.

T

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
That is actually a pretty good way to throw her off! As for funds being low, you can always make a nice candlelight home dinner and pop the question then.

good luck!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
You should still propose! You could use a ring pop sucker? Maybe an extremely inexpensive silver band? Maybe a stuffed teddy bear dressed as a bride? A huge ring paperweight? Champagne flutes w/ bride and groom etched on them?

There are so many ways you could still pull this off. I understand that your anger and frustration are probably blinding you to other opportunities but I think if you sit for a moment, take a deep breath, and think - you will come up with something? I''m sure money is tight if you just paid for the ring but you can still do something that will be memorable...

Best wishes! Please don''t let this spoil her engagement - or yours! It is special to both of you and still can be...

mustng67

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the...interesting and creative ideas lol. It just breaks my heart that this happened.

I even had it planned so that on friday night after the proposal, we would come back to the hotel and on the bed would be a gift for her. If any of you have been to Hallmark you might now what this is. Its a Charming Tales Collectable called "I have a question". I have been giving these to her throughout our relationship. This one has two small mice. one hold a huge ring behind its back and the other with its hand pointing to itself.

...I will find a way

T

Click here for the pic of it

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 3:28:05 PM
Author: mustng67
Thanks for all the...interesting and creative ideas lol. It just breaks my heart that this happened.

I even had it planned so that on friday night after the proposal, we would come back to the hotel and on the bed would be a gift for her. If any of you have been to Hallmark you might now what this is. Its a Charming Tales Collectable called 'I have a question'. I have been giving these to her throughout our relationship. This one has two small mice. one hold a huge ring behind its back and the other with its hand pointing to itself.

...I will find a way

T

Click here for the pic of it

Those mice are the cutest things EVER! I would at least use a stand in ring. Personally, I would be very confused if I was proposed to without a ring, because I am usually confused, and women tend to be even MORE flustered during proposals, like, what is going on!?!?! We usually figure it out when we see a ring, but before then, we are wondering if you are serious, is this really happening, what is going on, etc.

So even if it is not THE ring, I would suggest A ring. There are lots of pretty fake e-rings that you can buy inexpensively :)

BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

mustng67

Rough_Rock
I definitely agree. The last thing that I want is confusion.
The jewelry store called me again.
The said that Simon G is sending them the same ring style and that they are able to make it the correct size so it doesn''t have some funky metal on it to make it fit.
I think thats what I''m going to do, even if its not the right diamond that is in the setting. I still feel unsure just because its not what I originally planned.

Thanks again for your help.

T

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results