shape
carat
color
clarity

All Lap Top users..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
thanks so much.I got mac book with 80gb hard drive the middle model , 13.5" monitor.Will have to look and see how it works I tried to get it to go to dashboard, so far no luck, but I agree its fun.My has local weather, calculator and time.Was like this originally , I will put more as I learn it..

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I have hp digital camera and I am very impressed with the HP support , whenever you have a question give them a call 24/7 I never had a single problem with their suppor and the camera is great, just lately something went wrong when doing update on it.They are aware of it and said its a problem with their update on internet explorer ver 7 and the fix should come soon.Good luck with your HP lap top..

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Sumbride: nice pic you have here next to your name..I got blue butterfly ( loaded automatically ) Do you know how I would change it to something different??? thanks

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Forgot to ask you..do you plug directly into an outlet or use a surge bar? I find them too bulky to take with me places maybe I can find a smaller one? I just plug it in for now.Maybe not a good idea?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
iPhoto is VERY easy to use! When you plug in your camera, it should open automatically and let you import photos. You can edit, export, print, etc... and anytime you want to add photos to your library, from say the web, just click the photo, drag it to the iPhoto icon, and it will import! It''s great. I''ve done that with so many ring pics.

To get a different avatar, you can change it in your profile. You just have to upload the photo. It was pretty easy but I can''t quite remember how I did it. Just click into your profile and follow the directions. or email the admin and they can help.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to both of you..I really have been waiting for your responses and just minutes ago re posted the question..only to realize now that there was a second page on my original and I did not notice it ...Sorry and thanks ..I photo indeed asked me when I connected my camera , but I just said ask me later...WAnted to hear your opinions first..Thanks a lot..

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I will try to follow in my profile..to change it..thanks again

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Just wondering how long does the mac battery last? before you need to replace the battery? Anyone knows? t

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Mac batteries last (at their full capacity) for about 2-3 years. You''re going to want to run it down completely about every 1-2 months and then recharge it fully to get the best usage out of it. I leave mine plugged in all the time, so I get about 2 hours out of it now fully charged. The length of the charge is going to depend on what you''re doing with it. Using wireless internet and bluetooth on the computer will shorten the time per cycle, while using Word and on-hard-drive applications will not run as much juice.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, can you please let me know every 2 months you drain totally means you unplug it? for how long? Do you loose any data after you plug it again? Do you use power surge bar? I have been looking to get one a small one so I can take it with me , they are sold out at the moment so I just keep it plugged directly.Mine so far is plugged in all the time. Only time its unplugged is when I take it to work ( travel time ) then I plug it again..Thanks for sharing your tips..

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
By the way I use wireless connection for my lap top...

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
What I mean is every1-2 months, unplug your computer and run the battery down until the computer goes into automatic shut-off (there will be a warning within the last 10 minutes of battery life that this will happen. That''s okay! Let it continue to run until the computer automatically shuts down) mode. Then plug it back in and allow the battery to recharge. This allows the battery to run a complete cycle, which keeps it healthy. The battery can last up to 100 cycles.

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
running the battery down every time will make the battery manufacturers very happy since all you will be doing is replacing your battery a lot sooner than you would need to with proper care.

In my case, I like to disconnect my computer every week or so and let it drop to about 85% to 90%. Then plug it back in this keeps the battery chemistry working good. I also only calibrate every 2 months.

To calibrate read
this:

here is an interesting article about lithium batteries

hope that helps!!!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to both of you.Glad I posted here, because I am learning a lot.My mac for some reason shuts down if I leave it open, after few minutes the light blinks ( in sleep Indication , I think?) I actually have to press the power buttom not just click the key board.I unchecked the option " turn off the hard disk whenever possible), but it is still happening? I am missing something or this is what is suppose to happen?

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
got my new avatar, thanks now I have to figure out how to place my dog''s pic there( he is handsome) ANy day it will show...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results