shape
carat
color
clarity

All four of my chick's have left the nest.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so proud of all of them but I am so emotional. I have my oldest sons pinning ceremony on Friday for his new Paramedic/Fire job and my second and fourth are graduating. Third is heading overseas on some digs this summer (he always said he was going to be Indiana Jones). I know there are so many mom tears headed my way this week. Just moved my youngest into an apartment to start her Kinesiology internship. It's all happy things but I will miss having our 6 person dinners. Now we all talk on a zoom together so we can all connect daily. Send me lots of good thoughts and hopes I don't totally bawl my eyes out these coming weeks.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What wonderful accomplishments! Congratulations to them all and to you.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your Life-job is done. :dance:
You will pass away - but, actually, not really.
Each human vessel is temporary unless it passes down half of their DNA code.
The continuation of that code is much more important than the donor vessel.

Humans are merely DNA's way of replicating itself.
I've made sure I have not done that since my DNA is defective.

But, kudos to you. :clap:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kudos to you @HS4S_2
I cannot imagine how hard it is for you but I hope the knowledge you gave them and all the skills you taught them for a successful life gives you peace of mind and joy too. Now sit back and reap the rewards!
Motherhood is the greatest thing and the hardest thing at the same time...quote by Rikki Lake and while I have never quoted her before this quote seems appropriate

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, you will cry and you will smile and you will adjust! It is hard when they leave the nest. It is the end result we work toward and yet when it comes, it is heartbreaking. You will get through though and come to enjoy the quiet times and the freedom. You will look forward to each phone call and visit and revel in their accomplishments. Hugs to you - hang in there as you will get through this! Life can really be beautiful on the other side of them leaving but like all else - it is a process.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’ve done a great job preparing your children for their future lives, and equipping them with what they need to start their adventures now. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done, and start thinking about all the things you and your DH can do now for yourselves.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! This is great news! You’ve done your job..and now your children are going into the world to live their best lives..whatever makes them happy..It’s amazing that one day they will not only see you as parents but the people you really are. You’re seen as other people see you..It‘s a different perspective for everyone.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @HS4S_2 ! Sounds like you did everything right! The only unfortunate thing is that they are going at once so
instead of feeling "sad" about one its about all 4 of them! You have to remember this is what is supposed to happen (does that
help? Probably not) I'm sure you will bawl your eyes out but try to remember, that for them, these are all positive moves in the
right direction! Try to celebrate and be happy for them!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like you have done a wonderful job raising your children. Having the last leave is definitely bittersweet. You want they to grow and be independent yet miss having them home. I hope the joy of seeing them become successful outweighs the tears that you will definitely shed. Hope the next phase is filled with happiness for you and your children!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you have done a wonderful job raising your children. Having the last leave is definitely bittersweet. You want they to grow and be independent yet miss having them home. I hope the joy of seeing them become successful outweighs the tears that you will definitely shed. Hope the next phase is filled with happiness for you and your children!

Thank you! I am super happy they are independent and can do what makes them happy. It will be exciting to see their next chapters. It will just be an adjustment. Luckily, they do seem to be home often.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @HS4S_2 ! Sounds like you did everything right! The only unfortunate thing is that they are going at once so
instead of feeling "sad" about one its about all 4 of them! You have to remember this is what is supposed to happen (does that
help? Probably not) I'm sure you will bawl your eyes out but try to remember, that for them, these are all positive moves in the
right direction! Try to celebrate and be happy for them!

I most definitely celebrate their accomplishments. They are amazing humans. Kind, caring and motivated. I feel blessed I was able to homeschool them and give them that foundation.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! This is great news! You’ve done your job..and now your children are going into the world to live their best lives..whatever makes them happy..It’s amazing that one day they will not only see you as parents but the people you really are. You’re seen as other people see you..It‘s a different perspective for everyone.

Thank you. I feel blessed we are all so close. I most definitely hope they live their best lives.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You’ve done a great job preparing your children for their future lives, and equipping them with what they need to start their adventures now. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done, and start thinking about all the things you and your DH can do now for yourselves.

Dh and I will be headed back out on our anniversary trip. Exciting new thing even when there are lots of changes.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, you will cry and you will smile and you will adjust! It is hard when they leave the nest. It is the end result we work toward and yet when it comes, it is heartbreaking. You will get through though and come to enjoy the quiet times and the freedom. You will look forward to each phone call and visit and revel in their accomplishments. Hugs to you - hang in there as you will get through this! Life can really be beautiful on the other side of them leaving but like all else - it is a process.

It is definitely a process. Luckily they all call me daily. Makes a big difference. Thank you for your kind words!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Kudos to you @HS4S_2
I cannot imagine how hard it is for you but I hope the knowledge you gave them and all the skills you taught them for a successful life gives you peace of mind and joy too. Now sit back and reap the rewards!
Motherhood is the greatest thing and the hardest thing at the same time...quote by Rikki Lake and while I have never quoted her before this quote seems appropriate

Thank you so much! Much appreciated.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your Life-job is done. :dance:
You will pass away - but, actually, not really.
Each human vessel is temporary unless it passes down half of their DNA code.
The continuation of that code is much more important than the donor vessel.

Humans are merely DNA's way of replicating itself.
I've made sure I have not done that since my DNA is defective.

But, kudos to you. :clap:

It most definitely will never be done. Just different than it was in the early stages.

Your DNA is perfect!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations @HS4S_2, you did good! I know it can be sad at first, I shed a tear or two when my youngest left for college last Fall, and Dh and I became empty nesters, but now we are fully adjusted, and hope the nest stays empty after both kids graduate (either they get into grad school, or find jobs that allow them to pay for their own expenses :)

I have a lot of worried friends who have adult kids that have "failed to launch" and still in the nest, so you should rejoice!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is never an empty nest when you have done well for your children. They will call,text, visit and keep you in their lives. Great job!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
If you have done your job right, and it sounds like you have, the "empty nest" is never abandoned. Those fledglings return often for visits because you have taught them to be functioning adults who still feel welcome in the old nest.

It takes a little while but you will soon enjoy the times in between visits to do as you like and pursue your own interests. And I suspect you will soon see that they still welcome your input into their lives by asking for advice.

And if you are lucky, it won't be long before your family expands with spouses and grandchildren. Enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on a job well done @HS4S_2 . Now is the time to enjoy watching them soar and for fulfilling your own dreams. It’s so satisfying when the young ones go off on their own and make their unique path.
I agree, this calls for a commemorative piece of jewelry. :lol:

In that vain, I searched for jewelry to signify your four children and found this beautiful Tiffany pendant. I love how it could symbolize the inseparability of your family. ❤️

E887A1D3-54D3-4E15-BE50-86AC38AD48F2.jpeg

Last edited:

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on a job well done @HS4S_2 . Now is the time to enjoy watching them soar and for fulfilling your own dreams. It’s so satisfying when the young ones go off on their own and make their unique path.
I agree, this calls for a commemorative piece of jewelry. :lol:

In that vain, I searched for jewelry to signify your four children and found this beautiful Tiffany pendant. I love how it could symbolize the inseparability of your family. ❤️

E887A1D3-54D3-4E15-BE50-86AC38AD48F2.jpeg

Thank you so much! That is beautiful!! I appreciate you my friend!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results