shape
carat
color
clarity

All Creative Member Read This!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

superblonde1975

Rough_Rock
Recently, my husband and I decided to try to have a baby. We began trying ASAP (middle of Dec), and, believe it or not, I have a few indications (although not the big one yet) that we may have been succesful in our attempts. (So soon!) My question for all of you lovely creative ladies and gentlemen is this: How do I tell him when I know for sure? I would love to do something cuter and more memorable than "Honey, we''re going to be parents", but I don''t want him to freak out, either. I would really appreciate your opinions on this, as it will be (so far) the most important thing I have ever had to announce to my hubbie. Thanks for all your help!
face23.gif

Jessica

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Take him to the local jewelry store, pick out somehting really nice and say, "This is to celebrate the baby!"
3.gif
11.gif
2.gif

Okay, okay--I''m kidding (sort of). You could make a nice dinner, mellow him out with a glass of wine (or two) and then write it on a cake in icing!
1.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Did you ever see this commercial (I think it was for American Express or something)? This couple are checking out at the grocery store, and the husband is bagging the groceries while the wife is taking everything out of the cart and putting it on the conveyer belt. The husband reaches out for the next thing to put in a bag and it''s a home pregnancy test! And he looks up at her beaming, she smiles at him knowingly, and the commercial ends.

I think this would be a really cute way to tell your hubby! Congratulations and good luck with everything!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2004 2:17:48 PM
Author:superblonde1975
Recently, my husband and I decided to try to have a baby. We began trying ASAP (middle of Dec), and, believe it or not, I have a few indications (although not the big one yet) that we may have been succesful in our attempts. (So soon!) My question for all of you lovely creative ladies and gentlemen is this: How do I tell him when I know for sure? I would love to do something cuter and more memorable than ''Honey, we''re going to be parents'', but I don''t want him to freak out, either. I would really appreciate your opinions on this, as it will be (so far) the most important thing I have ever had to announce to my hubbie. Thanks for all your help!
face23.gif

Jessica
jessica

tell your husband "honey we''re in for some sleepless nites" been through a lot of those.

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
We have two children and so I have had some experience in doing this. I decided to just tell my husband and not do anything creative, BUT for my parents and grandmother we did do the creative things and it was fun. I think these would work for a husband too, so I will describe them.

1. We went out to dinner with my mother and grandmother. The waiter passed out the menus and we were all looking at them, except for my husband who was looking at "What to Expect When You Are Expecting". When everyone started to put down their menus to order, my husband kept his "menu" up in front of his face and eventually my mother and grandmother asked what we were going to have. My husband said "I don't know what we're going to have. We'll either have the boy or the girl." This was the point where they noticed he had a book instead of a menu!
31.gif

2. For the second child, we took my mom out to lunch and I wore a little pin that said "It's A Boy!" and my husband was wearing "It's A Girl!". My mother took a while to notice the pins and then asked my husband "Aren't you wearing the wrong pin?" To which he replied "No, we may have a girl this time." Then she caught on.
1.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Babs! Long time no see!!!
35.gif
I love both your stories. I wish I had a smiget of your creativity...
39.gif

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the kind words K-mom! I''ve been bogged down with work stuff, mainly writing a book, so now that I am done and the book will be published in March, I have more time to hang out
9.gif

superblonde1975

Rough_Rock
Well, unfortunately, no longer think that I am pregnant. We are still going to continue to try this, but I suppose it will happen when it happens. In the meantime, I had an interview yesterday with Tiffany and Co., and hope I get the job. I am nervous, and hope the interviewer was impressed. Thanks for all the good ideas, please keep them coming...oh, and wish me luck!

Jessica
emotion-18.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
31.gif

Date: 1/4/2005 9
6.gif
6.gif
5 PM
Author: superblonde1975
Well, unfortunately, no longer think that I am pregnant. We are still going to continue to try this, but I suppose it will happen when it happens. In the meantime, I had an interview yesterday with Tiffany and Co., and hope I get the job. I am nervous, and hope the interviewer was impressed. Thanks for all the good ideas, please keep them coming...oh, and wish me luck!

Jessica
emotion-18.gif

Wow we''ll actually have someone behind enemy lines!
31.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great story, Babs! Actually, great stories!

Jessica, do not despair. Supposedly it is "natural" to try for a year. It will happen! And good luck with Tiffany's. For what kind of position did you interview?

Deborah

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results