carat
color
clarity

.....all about cleaning products!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I hope this doesn't bore people to death....but I do need some help. Helping a family member move and I could use some suggestions for cleaning products that can save time and do a great job.

Best/favorite shower cleanser? Ceramic stove top cleaner? The oven is self clean but I need stuff for some spot cleaning and don't know what to use.

Thanks in advance.

cheers--Sharon

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
For the shower, I like Scrubbing Bubbles with Bleach (the product without bleach doesn’t work as well).
For stove top, after cleaning with Vim for stove, I spot clean by using a razor blade scraper, gently, outwards from the centre of the heating round.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you know the manufacturer of the stove top do a quick google to see what they recommend
i brought flash stuff from my then work (where i brought the hob from) and when Gary looked in the manual got conflicting advice so rang them and turned out they only recomended water ....

For cleaning everything from the shower to grimmy walls
see if your relative has any sugar soap in their painting supplies (before you rush out and spend money) it cuts though grease really well especially in the kitchen

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use whatever I google that says is best. Or I go to Lowes or Home Depot and look for weird stuff to clean :)

All I really wanted to say was that it's so nice of you to help family members to clean up and move.. very nice of you Sharon :)

kate

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
I’d recommend Mrs. Meyer’s. Their multi-purpose everyday cleaner and bath and tub cleaner are amazing. If you’re looking for something completely natural, then baking soda and vinegar do wonders. I shifted to using natural cleaners as much as possible once I became pregnant and had a baby. You can make a good multipurpose cleaner using baking soda, vinegar, dish soap, and water.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thanks for the tips! I have used products in the past that have not been great--so I love recommendations. I just want to decrease my workload--getting industrial stuff that does all the work! LOL Wishful thinking.

I'll hit Home Deport today.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use whatever I google that says is best. Or I go to Lowes or Home Depot and look for weird stuff to clean :)

All I really wanted to say was that it's so nice of you to help family members to clean up and move.. very nice of you Sharon :)

kate

Hello lady! Hope you and yours are well! Scrubbing and moving a low on my least favorite things to do list but I will help!!! Take care!!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not into cleaning supplies but Bar Keepers Friend is amazing at cleaning stainless steel and removing water buildup on tile and glass. I started using it to keep my All Clad plans pristine...but we've found it has many uses in the kitchen and bathroom.

barkeepers.png

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto Bar Keepers Friend.

We just (re)discovered Simple Green Glass Cleaner, which works great as an all-around cleaner. You buy a concentrate and then dilute it in a spray bottle. Sweetie got two gallons of concentrate, so we’re set for two lifetimes. It also does a wonderful job on my diamonds! https://www.homedepot.com/p/Simple-...Ru4nHwXeJI5KTXEsDdxoCxicQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

If you’re deep cleaning, nothing’s better than this for stubborn water on windows, bathroom tile, etc.: http://www.nothinsbetter.com/
Aside from needing a little elbow grease, it’s practically magical! We use it in powder form - a tiny bit goes a long way. Haven’t tried the paste yet.

Good luck with your project. I’m sure your family member appreciates your help.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not into cleaning supplies but Bar Keepers Friend is amazing at cleaning stainless steel and removing water buildup on tile and glass. I started using it to keep my All Clad plans pristine...but we've found it has many uses in the kitchen and bathroom.

barkeepers.png

Found this at a local shop!!! Thank you!!!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't say anything about us/Canada products, but I clean my oven with regular oven cleaner overnight (it's self cleaning but I loathe that burnt smell). It works very well . I just take any OTC foam and the trick is to generously spray, let sit overnight and then just wipe. Works like a charm.

You're so sweet to help a family member with the nasty tasks !

For my windows I'm a fan of the Kärcher window vac. It's like 39.99€ and I'm so not talented at cleaning windows (stripes everywhere, worse after cleaning than before..), that than has made a big difference...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

barkeepers.png

Worked like a dam!!!! I should have bought TWO bottles of the creme!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results