shape
carat
color
clarity

aljdewey -- how was the wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
You got married recently at Lynch PArk, right? How did it go? Cograts... pix?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
KL.......thanks for asking. The wedding was positively beautiful - it exceeded all of my hopes.

As many of you know, EVERYTHING of ours was planned for outside. It's nerve-wracking to plan outdoor events and have to HOPE that the weather cooperates. WOW, did we luck out!

The week of our wedding, it thundershowered on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and began to clear on Friday. On Saturday, the day of our rehearsal cookout, it was beautiful.....a bit cloudy near noontime, but spectacularly sunny and beautiful by 4 p.m. when the rehearsal started. The festivities ran until about 10 p.m. with a clear and beautiful night.

The next day, Sunday, couldn't have been better. No humidity, but dry and mid 70s with abundant sunshine and a nice breeze off the water. I couldn't have gotten any better weather if I'd had the ability to custom order it.

Our reception was a sunset cruise aboard a schooner in Gloucester, and again, beautiful weather. Nice and cool, slightly breezy on the water, and a sunset that was breathtaking.

The wedding went off (almost) without a hitch. I'm probably the first bride in the history of the planet to be EARLY for the wedding (I was at the park 20 minutes early), but my officiant was late, so we still got started about 10-15 minutes late. That was, however. the ONLY hitch to the day. The wedding was lovely, intimate, and very emotion-filled. It exceeded all my hopes.

It's been 3 weeks, and I'm still reliving how picture perfect the day was. Being small, I remember nearly every detail about it.....the flute player playing as I walked down the aisle with my father; the cascade of bubbles as we walked back down the aisle as husband and wife; the sailboats in the water as our pictures were done.

I really feel as though all the work put into it paid off, and the memory of that day will stay with me for a lifetime. I hope yours goes as well!

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
alj - I'm so happy to hear that your day went so perfectly. I actually wanted to head down to Lynch Park to catch a glimpse of you guys (subtly, of course!)but we had to go over our reception at the Ocean View that day. Beautiful day though. Dana, my fiance, commented on how hoped that our Sunday (8/15) would be as perfect weatherwise! By the way, his brother was married at Lynch Park...such a beautiful spot...and nothing to decorate! Hope you're enjoying married life and congratulations again to the newlyweds!!! kaarin

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS AlJ!
appl.gif
That sounds like luvly, memorable & truly special ceremony
21.gif
I hope every day of your married life is as perfect as your wedding day
9.gif
And thanks for sharing - I'd been wondering myself how it'd gone...
1.gif
We missed you around here!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again, all.....for the good wishes.

I'm not going to post pics here, but PM me if you're interested in seeing what the park looked like, etc.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Al, Sounds like a fairy tale wedding!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results