shape
carat
color
clarity

Alfred Angelo: size chart vs. store tag

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone had any experience with Alfred Angelo sizing? My sister (moh) wants to order a size 8 skirt because that''s what fit her in the store but the AA sizing chart says she should order a size 10. I''m just a little anxious about which way I should go. Sis says the tag on the size 8 skirt looked original so it could really be AA''s sizing but well it''s just nerve-wracking to order the lesser size I guess. Her and I are having it out a bit over this and I don''t want to necssesitate extra alterations by ordering the 10 when the 8 would do. (I have read that one should always go by the charts and never the tags.)

So, I guess my question is: Have you tried on AA dresses before and found that the size on the tag differs from the size chart''s recommended size?

tanyak

Shiny_Rock
I can offer this example. My bridesmaids all wore Alfred Angelo. My MOH is very petite - usually a size 0 or 2. The girl at the bridal store measured her and told her to get a size 4 top and bottom. My friend thought that was way too big - guess who could barely breathe in her size 2 outfit at my wedding!
5.gif
My other maids got the sizes that were recommended (even though they were a size or two over their normal sizes) and they all fit fine and only needed minor adjustments.

I would def. go by the charts. Store workers say that you shouldn't go buy the sizes in the store dresses because those dresses can become stretched from all the trying on and I think there's some truth to it.

ETA: I just noticed it's my date twin!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results