shape
carat
color
clarity

~Alexis~! How was your interview?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I wanna know too! I didn''t post on the original thread, but I sent you fairie dust in my mind!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Wow..I didn''t even see the thread all the way at the bottom....

Ok well here goes....

I met the the business manager and the person who would be the supervisor for the position. They were both really nice and explained what the job would really entail....they have some grey areas to work out and whatnot since this would be a brand new position.

When I got there they were not done interviewing the person before me so I waited a little bit, then the girl in from of me walked out...in a SWEATSUIT! I showed up in a button up shirt and a suit....I was a little taken aback by the fact that someone would show up for this position....wearing that.....( this position is VERY high profile and would be directly involved in many facets of the hospital..dr''s, nurses, admin..etc...)

The interview went well....went over past history and whatnot....they gave me a tour of the new wing and where my office would be and whatnot...they did not give a tour to the previous person...which is always a good sign...they interview the last person yesterday...so they want to make a decision by the end of the week I think so hopefully I will hear back by the end of this week or early next week....

I will not know until then....but over all the interview went well and I have a good feeling about it so that always helps!!

Thanks for all the DUST!!

*Sprinkle, Sprinkle*

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so now you are only in competition with one person, because there is no possible way they would hire someone who shows up for an interview in a sweatsuit unless his/her house just burnt down. HOORAY! Keep us posted.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck Alexis!

I''m not surprised someone wore a sweatsuit to an interview. You would be horrifed or die of laughter if you could see what I have seen while waiting for interviews recently
32.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Great! Keep us posted, OK?

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Quick Update....

My BF heard through the grapevine ( his sister works for the hospital) that they decided to hire someone....
ME!

I have yet to receive the official phone call from them but they emailed the HR and whatnot and all that so everything looks good for now....

So now we just wait and see some more....

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
HOORAY!!
emotion-19.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
THAT''S AWESOME! Congratulations.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo!!! Congrats!!!

The sweatsuit.... wow. I can''t imagine how she thought that was ok. I was standing outside my HR director''s office once when an interviewee came out. The HR lady told me that the girl''s shirt was too short and she could see her midriff so she wouldn''t hire her because the girl didn''t pay attention to details. I said "maybe she needs a job so she can buy a shirt that fits!" But still, these things DO count and I''m always amazed at what people think is "ok".

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 10:53:50 PM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
Quick Update....

My BF heard through the grapevine ( his sister works for the hospital) that they decided to hire someone....

ME!

I have yet to receive the official phone call from them but they emailed the HR and whatnot and all that so everything looks good for now....

So now we just wait and see some more....

36.gif

And some more dust, just for extra luck!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
still have not heard anything from them officially....now i am just impatient!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
sending lots of fairydust!!!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh, best of luck, Alexis!!! (Maybe they''re furnishing your new office RIGHT NOW!!!)

Woo hoo! Keep us posted!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I heard today from the hospital...I have officially been offered a job...although they are sending me all the info in the mail tomorrow to sign the offer letter and whatnot...the job is one dollar an hour less than I was rumored to be getting...so its a little disappointing but I am thinking I can ask for a review of this position after 6 months or so... I have to wait for all the info to come in the mail...

so thats the news!

I am now employed!!

YAY!!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations Alexis I am so happy for you.I hope you really like your new job..

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Alexis!!
36.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Alexis, that''s great!

About the lower pay than you were expecting, would it be appropriate to ask them to raise the hourly rate to what you were expecting? I''ve read that one reason women still get paid, on average, less for the same work is that they are less likely to negotiate their wage when they get hired.

But if you happen to know that jobs like this often get paid $X/hr, you might be able to get them to match that.

In any case, what a relief this must be for you! I hope it opens many more doors in the future too.

Congratulations.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
thanks all....

the pay is really different because this position is the first of its kind. They have a vague idea of what they want the job to be but they have yet to nail it in stone, so as far as going to salary.com to find something similar its hard. But hopefully everything will work out, I am just glad that I will be earning a paycheck for once on the last 6 months!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2007 2:30:39 PM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
thanks all....

the pay is really different because this position is the first of its kind. They have a vague idea of what they want the job to be but they have yet to nail it in stone, so as far as going to salary.com to find something similar its hard. But hopefully everything will work out, I am just glad that I will be earning a paycheck for once on the last 6 months!!!
ASK.

I promise you, they never hit you.

All they can say is no. They will not rescind the job offer. Tell them you would like to negotiate the salary. Their response will be one of two things: 1) The wage is not negotiable, or 2) What did you have in mind?

Women don''t negotiate enough. In my last two jobs I asked for more...it can put you a year or two ahead in the earnings department.

Ask ask ask!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results