shape
carat
color
clarity

Alexei Navalny Poisoned

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Folks this is veering into political territory, please keep it about the event itself and not about the politics surrounding it.

Gotcha.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
A short threadjack....AGBF, did you happen to join debate politics, by any chance? There's a new member whose name makes me think its you....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A short threadjack....AGBF, did you happen to join debate politics, by any chance? There's a new member whose name makes me think its you....

Uh oh. I don't want to be identified anywhere. Not that I am somewhere. Does this new member post? Is she brilliant, witty, and highly educated? Could she make a thread about a 'flu shot utterly fascinating? ;))

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Uh oh. I don't want to be identified anywhere. Not that I am somewhere. Does this new member post? Is she brilliant, witty, and highly educated? Could she make a thread about a 'flu shot utterly fascinating? ;))

Of course she's brilliant, witty and highly educated. That's what made me think it was you! And, should you confirm its you, your identity is safe with me.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting, @kipari. I was sure that you would. I heard the news on morning television here in the United States today.

Alexei Navalny et al. sitting in a room: Hi, this is Navalny, the opposition leader wrote in the caption to the picture he posted on Instagram. The photo showed Navalny with his daughter Daria, son Zahar and wife Yulia.

Alexey Navalny/Instagram 'Hi, this is Navalny,' the opposition leader wrote in the caption to the picture he posted on Instagram. The photo showed Navalny with his daughter Daria, son Zahar and wife Yulia.

"Navalny is pictured alongside his family in the photo, which was posted on his Instagram account on Tuesday. The dissident is recovering in Germany but his press secretary has said that he intends to eventually return to Russia.

In his first direct message after his hospitalization, the anti-corruption activist said he was now breathing on his own without medical support.

'Hi, this is Navalny,' he wrote in the caption. 'I miss you. I still can hardly do anything, but yesterday I was able to breathe on my own for the whole day. Just myself. I did not use any outside help, not even the simplest valve in my throat.'

'I liked it very much. An amazing, underestimated process by many. Recommended.'"

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He wants to return to Russia. I hope he intends to hire a food taster. It's possible he could be more effective in achieving progress toward change if he does it from outside Russia. I hope he gives it some thought.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alexei Navalny was released from the hospital yesterday. Here is an excerpt from and a link to a news article about how he is doing and also about a telephone call that President Macron of France had with Vladimir Putin of Russia.

"Navalny spent 32 days at Berlin's Charite hospital, 24 of them in intensive care, before doctors deemed his 'condition had improved sufficiently for him to be discharged from acute inpatient care' He will remain in Germany for the time being to continue his rehabilitation, his team said.

As he was released Tuesday, the 44-year-old displayed his characteristic sarcastic sense of humor. In an Instagram post, he took swipe at Russian President Vladimir Putin, scoffing at reported comments by the Russian leader suggesting that Navalny might have intentionally poisoned himself.

Navalny, a politician and corruption investigator who is Putin’s most visible opponent, was flown to Germany two days after falling ill on Aug. 20 on a domestic flight in Russia. He spent those two days in a coma in a hospital in the Siberian city of Omsk, where Russian doctors said they found no trace of any poisoning.

German chemical weapons experts have determined that he was poisoned with the Soviet-era nerve agent Novichok — findings corroborated by labs in France and Sweden.

Charite hospital said, based on Navalny's progress, physicians believe that a 'complete recovery is possible,' but added that it 'remains too early to gauge the potential long-term effects of his severe poisoning.'

Navalny has been posting regular photos recently of his convalescence at the hospital on Instagram, first showing him sitting up in his bed surrounded by his family, then up and about in the building.

In his post Tuesday night, he laughed off a report in the French newspaper Le Monde saying that Putin suggested to French President Emmanuel Macron in a call that Navalny 'could have taken the poison himself.'

'Good theory, I believe it deserves the most careful attention,' Navalny wrote in Russian. 'Cooked Novichok in the kitchen. Took a sip from a flask on the plane. Fell into a coma'

He wryly wrote that the 'ultimate aim of my cunning plan' must have been to die in Siberia, where the cause of death would be 'lived long enough.'

'But Putin outmaneuvered me. You can’t fool him,' Navalny wrote. 'As a result, I lay in coma for 18 days like a fool, but didn’t get my way. The provocation failed!'

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov on Wednesday said the report about Putin's conversation with Macron was 'inaccurate in its reported wording,' but refused to elaborate as to which part was inaccurate. Macron's office refused to comment on the report."

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I found this thread fascinating and wanted to contribute this New Yorker article/interview in case anyone was interested?

Interview with Alexei Navalny

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

No surprise there, but the facts amp up the pressure on western democracies to condemn this act - or even take further action against Russia (gasp)...

alexah

Brilliant_Rock

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update as to how he was poisoned - crazy how they found out it was applied to his underwear of all things:

Yes, saw this earlier , but had no time to post!! Totally crazy!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This article has a great deal of detail on what the Russians did. If you are interested in this topic, it has everything that was public up to its date of publication.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe it was China.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's unreal and it reads like a bad spy story

For everyone who hasn't read up on it:

Navalny himself called many of the people on the team who tried to poison him to confront them. For the last call he managed to make it look like he used a phone inside the FSB and then presented himself as a high ranking FSB officer.

He questioned the FSB officer on the other day be about this own poisoning and all the details. (Where the novitchok was applied, why he didn't die etc etc)

Totally incredible

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Article is in English

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
As a youngster I fascinated with all things "spy", and used to *love* good spy novels. This whole saga reminds me of some of the novels. It is both horrifying and fascinating—real-life espionage. Kudos to Navalny and team for further investigation.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The entire episode reeks of poisonous art of Medieval politics with a heavy dose of machiavellianism.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wondered if anyone had been updating this thread. I have not been on Pricescope for a few weeks. Mr. Navalny returned to Russia although he had been told he would be imprisoned if he did. He is in prison now and has said he is losing his eyesight. This may be the end. I will look for more information.

Edited to add: Here is a link

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results