shape
carat
color
clarity

AJS Gems vs Simply Sapphires

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emotionalbutterfly

Rough_Rock
Hi I am looking for a square cushion blue sapphire for an ering. I found 1-2 stones that I may be interested in on both sites. Can anyone post their experiences with each vendor? Thanks

widget

Ideal_Rock
I''ve purchased stones from AJS Gems twice, and was very pleased with their service.

The first time I ordered a bi-colored tourmaline which I decided to return. It was painless, with no questions asked.

I later bought a small pair of pink sapphires from them. They were lovely, and actually much brighter and prettier in real life than their pictures.

I''d highly recommend them...

widget

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello Emotionalbutterfly,

I have not had any dealings with Simply Sapphires but have heard good things about them. I have had many dealings with AJS Gems and feel very strongly about their wonderful service, honesty and return policies. I have bought quite a few very high end stones from them including tsavorites, mandarin garnets, spinels, blue zircons, etc. I have kept 90% of the stone I have ordered. The thing I love iis the no hastle retun policy. The stones I returned were OK and well priced, but not exactly what I was looking for. They took them back with no questions asked. Both Arnold and Rung are very helpful. I recommend you email them and have them give you their honest oppinion on the stone compared to others on their website and in general.

Regards,
Maurice

legylauren

Rough_Rock
HI Maurice

You seem to know about copper bearing Paraiba Tourmalines from Mozambique. My Fiance and I are considering a 5 carat vvs and we can''t find a good price guide... any suggestions.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Legy, I recommend starting a new thread for this question, I am sure that Maurice and quite a few others would LOVE to talk about Pariabias!! ESPECAILLY IF we can post some yummy neon eye candy!!

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Legylauren,

The price is dependent on the stone. My opinion if it looks like the best of the Brazilian Paraiba from the original find with superb cutting, It would be $5,000 - $7,500 per carat for a 5 or so carat stone. If it is a less vivid stone or a little poorer cutting the range is $500 - $5,000 per carat. If it is pale stone it isn''t worth more than $25 - $50 per carat. Everything depends on the beauty of the stone.

Regards,
Maurice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results