shape
carat
color
clarity

AIIIIIGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I try not to whine ... BUT I AM FREAKING OUT TODAY. There's a crew fixing a hole in our roof (yes, a hole in our ROOF) and my office is right below the banging and my eyes itch & my sinuses/allergies are going CRAZEEE from all the dust the banging is sending through these old cracks & crevices ... like CLOUDY dust ... and I keep going outside for "walks" with Tallulah but I have to stay here to supervise and it's been going on since 8am and I am GOING OUT OF MY MIND.

It's not a serious problem ... it'll prolly mostly be done in one day ... and its not a sick pet or health crisis or family emergency or (heh) re-set emergency ...

It's just ME FREAKING OUT and TRYING TO BREATHE!!!!!! (And no DH can't come home & relieve me -- he was off all last week & has class today & a meeting tonight)

AIIIIGHHHHHH.

7.gif
39.gif
32.gif

ETA: the fact that I was up late & fell asleep on the couch watching CNN & didn't get a good night sleep might be playing into my CRAZINESS. I dunno if my eyes keep closing because of the dust or my sleeepppiiinnneesssss. RATS!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you escape to a Starbucks and do some work there?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 3:48:05 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Can you escape to a Starbucks and do some work there?

I wish I could ... it''s a kinda serious repair with people who haven''t worked here before. I''m hesitant leaving the house open (which it needs to be) ... and they need me to see/approve the extent of the repairs ... and now i have to stick around and pay them & make sure things get cleaned up & sealed up correctly ... also to find out when they''ll be back to finish.

Walks within shouting difference are about all I can manage and it''s frickin'' C O L D out there now ...

Me. Baby. Whine

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Going to Starbucks or just doing some errands and getting out of the house sounds like a great idea. Glad it''s not a serious roofing problem. Check this out, this will make ya feel better. When I came home from the hospital after having my son, I was greated with roofers. YUP, a bad leak sprung while I was in the hospital, we needed a whole new roof. Had a C section, needed rest and all I got was the pounding of the roofers. I told DH next time we need a new roof, I am moving to a hotel.
9.gif
And since moving to this house 10 years ago, I know it''s a coming.
39.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 3:54:22 PM
Author: Kaleigh
When I came home from the hospital after having my son, I was greated with roofers. YUP, a bad leak sprung while I was in the hospital, we needed a whole new roof. Had a C section, needed rest and all I got was the pounding of the roofers.
I just *knew* it could be worse! YEESH! That''s horrible! This was kind of a surprise too (isn''t it always) .. in terms of overall & TODAY -- they just called at like 7am and are all "we''re coming today"
23.gif
I think I''m still in shock as hunks of stuff fall in front of my window and the ceiling over my head is shaking. Strangely the pets are all SLEEPING. Curled in tight little furry pools just chillin''. HOW???? HOW?????
33.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my god, you totally have my sympathies.

I was just telling my boss that I didn''t want to call him earlier because the tree trimmers were here. It sounds like motorcycles have overtaken my apartment and it grates on my every last nerve. I dont make any calls while they are here! After awhile, I feel like I''m starting to go crazy!

Hopefully it will be done soon!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 4:12:53 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Hopefully it will be done soon!
Ahhhhhhh. Sweet Peace. They wrapped for the day. Can you believe that? I''d just hit my total crack-up point not twenty minutes before ... well ... I guess they hit THEIR crack-up point! HA!

Oh but they''ll be back tomorrow though. It would have been a one day job except that it started POURING as soon as they got the old roof peeled off -- had to tarp & take a "break". So the new roof goes on tomorrow. DRY NIGHT VIBES WELCOMED!

Did I mention the work is going on in our master bedroom? Where I SO VERY MUCH wish I''d slept last night -- when it was clean & pristine & free of dust-garbage-open moldy drywall. As it will be many more days before it returns to that state.
8.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Ugh! That stinks! I totally feel your pain! Ever heard concrete cutters and jack hammers running from 7AM until 7PM? It is complete and total torture!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Is it fixed yet???

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your Avatar is cracking me up
rotflmao2.gif
; hoping there is no noise tomorrow and the construction crew is done!
40.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deco, what CAUSED this hole in your roof? It's not the kind of thing that's going to *come back* or occur somewhere else is it?

ETA: I have this vision of a glow-in-the-dark still-smoking meteor embedded in your basement floor, but I'm guessing that's probably not what really happened...

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco,

How are you feeling today??

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results