shape
carat
color
clarity

Ahhh! Okay..

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
I know I need to relax, but I am going insane! AGAIN! Don't worry. This time I kept it to myself, but inside I am SCREAMING! :lol:

My graduation party is this weekend. We are going to a Rascal Flatt's concert tomorrow night, I honestly thought this was "the week" he would have proposed and I think I led myself into disappointment again! Silly me.

Yesterday, FF stated he had to go to Wal-mart after work and he would be about an hour late. So I said OK. Monday night he also came home about 2 hours later than usual. I did not see anything off on this because he sometimes has to travel out of the area for the day and sometimes does not get home til late. Anyway.. around 8ish I got out of the shower, and I went into the bedroom and he was sitting on the floor holding something. He was acting VERY weird. So I quickly got dressed, and went downstairs. He said he had a surprise for me and would bring it downstairs. He came down holding this collage picture frame with all of my pictures from graduation. It was so super cute :)) For a minute there my heart was pumping, and I thought that was the moment. Hahaha.

But I did think this was the week it would have happened. He also said not to get my nails done until maybe next week or the week after that. I usually get pedicures every 2 weeks, but I told him I wanted to get my nails done just INCASE something might happen. I don't know if he was trying to throw me off or what.. but if he is, he's doing a very good job!!

I am just going crazy inside. I have been trying to keep my mind off of this, but I constantly have a picture of my ring staring at me in the face, he mentions it quite often, and I know it is just around the corner!!!! I have been cooking, I have been cleaning, organizing everything, scrap booking, working, exercising. I guess I am just a freak!! keep me sane ladies!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Ok first off, I'm sure you're already aware of this but I'm going to say it anyway, DO NOT mention how antsy you are to him lol. It sounds like it's gonna happen really soon so even if it's not this week, just breathe, try not to be too dissapointed, and try not to think about the exact day it will happen (easier said than done). I can't really give you anymore advice so just try and realx and not think about it too much

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish I could switch off the part of your brain that is obsessing. It would give you some peace :bigsmile: Seriously though, you know its soon so try not to get so wound up. You will have your beautiful ring very soon and your wedding plans can begin!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Yoga? Meditation? Medication? :bigsmile: Seriously though, yoga might help. Try it for an hour a day.

peach_tea_for_me

Shiny_Rock
Stop it! I mean that with love, but give yourself a break and take off some of the pressure. I say this also as someone who obsesses and has a very hard time releasing thoughts once they've consumed me. This topic being one of the hardest to let go of. You know it's coming, so enjoy the moments before it comes a little more- pre-engagement, without all the stress of full swing wedding planning. The yoga suggestion is great, give that a try. You know we're here for you and all similarly in our own situations. With that said, many congrats to you on your graduation!

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
I've actually been able to keep my cool lately. What I find helps is to pretend that we're already engaged, we know that's where we're heading very soon anyways, and nothing is really going to change besides a ring on my finger. Just look at your SO and feel love, and think about the big picture of your relationship, trips your take and things you'll do. Thinking long term has also helped me, the wedding/engagement is just a small cherry on top of the happiness that will last a lifetime. But when your engagement and wedding time comes, then you can embrace every second of it! Good luck, and congrats on your Graduation.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Relax and enjoy the concert. Rascal Flatt's is GREAT!
That should at least keep your mind busy for a few hours....
After that, blast the country music and try to hang on a little longer.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Okay Hon, Relax, Breath and dont think about it. If you think about it, you wont fully enjoy your weekend. You dont want to do that, espically if he doesnt propose, because than you missed out on the weekend. Ive done that and later regretted it. So breathe, relax and enjoy

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am 100% an obsesssive person..always thinking of my next project...and when I get on something- FORGET IT! I can't stop thinking about it...planning it....etc. So I know where you are coming from- I was antsy from Dec-April until I got engaged, but once I would think/dream about it for days- I forced myself to get involved in something else a new obsession for a few weeks to keep my mind off of it....running...gym...reading teen fiction even thought 26 is prob too old for it!

So....you know its happening within the next few weeks, so just let it happen, stop trying to think about WHEN...and get your nails donw whenever you would like..since he is prob throwing you off :naughty:

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! ::BREATHING DEEPLY:: Ok, I am alright now :)) This weekend is about me, and your right, I WILL enjoy it! Thanks again everyone. Greatly appreciated!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Relax!! Its coming soon.

ENJOY your time now! Cherish this "Christmas is tomorrow!" sort of feeling.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
heehee!!! I totally understand you since my bf might propose any day now. Every weekend, I think he'll propose. I don't know if he'll propose this weekend though. However, I'm excited that you are going to be engaged soon!!!

Just relax!!! I know it's hard. Yesterday I was telling my bf that the engagement bug is biting me. It will only go away when I'm engaged. :lol:

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought he blurted it out that he was proposing AT your party? If that's the case, get that mani/pedi now-- he's probably trying to throw you off.

HANG IN THERE!!

SweetPea-<3

Rough_Rock
He made a photo collage for you? What a doll! That's a moment all on its own. You're a lucky girl NB, and it sounds like you're in the homestretch, so keep it cool :)

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Yes he did blurt out a few weeks ago it would have been on my graduation day, but he said he switched the day because he wanted to be a surprise. Throwing me off? Possibly. Who knows, Saturday can be the day! :)) I am actually so hyped about my concert tomorrow that I wasn't even thinking about the engagement today :o :lol:

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
Why do you need your nails done before the proposal or for the proposal?
Trust me, your bf won't be looking at your fingers.

My DH was so nervous he was staring into my face the whole time.
I could have been naked and he wouldn't have noticed.

Nicole, don't torture yourself. You know it's coming - I thought you guys already planned the date for wedding etc?
So go do your wedding prep or help a friend with wedding planning.

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
diva rose said:
Why do you need your nails done before the proposal or for the proposal?
Trust me, your bf won't be looking at your fingers.

My DH was so nervous he was staring into my face the whole time.
I could have been naked and he wouldn't have noticed.

Nicole, don't torture yourself. You know it's coming - I thought you guys already planned the date for wedding etc?
So go do your wedding prep or help a friend with wedding planning.

Haha, I've always found this funny too. There is one family I know who always takes the girls out to get mani's right before they get engaged (the families know, the girls do not). It's for all the pictures that will be taken I guess. What I think is extra funny is that the girls have not noticed the trend of mani-with-the-whole-family = pending proposal. I feel like I'd be able to guess!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
haha yes, the nails were getting done just for pictures :) and when i show it to other people. No one wants to see my gross chewed nails lol.

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't been going for manis, but I've been making sure that my nails are painted and that they look nice. I especially make sure that they look their best on the days when I think that the proposal is more likely. It's for the pictures and for when people ask to see the ring- and also just to have my nails looking all nice and pretty when my FF and I see the ring on my hand for the first time. :)

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I just...can't bring myself to care what my fingernails look like. I almost wish I could, sometimes. But nope. You girls are going to have to see my shockingly unmanicured fingernails when I get engaged. They look like...fingernails. I hope no one will be too offended.

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
Oh mi I hate having anything on my fingernails, it feels gross and distracting. I paint my toe nails but fingernails are better nude in my book :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results