shape
carat
color
clarity

AGS certified with a maple leaf inscribed on girdle

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canucknewbie

Rough_Rock
Just wondering if the maple leaf has any significance. Was it cut in Canada or mined in Canada or simply just shipped to Canada?

Not that this really matters but it is more curiosity taking over. Now the maple leaf is in front of the AGS serial number and is on the certificate and inscribed on the girdle. It has just been recently certified as of Dec 10/02 according to the certificate.

I have an appointment with the appraiser on Weds and she was going to look into it ahead of time but I wanted to beat her to the punch.:cheeky:

Again thanks to all on this forum especially all the members with your invaluable input.:loopy:

Chris in Vancouver

jkruer01

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure but I think that Hearts on Fire have a leaf inscribed on the girdle. I'm not saying that it is but just my own input. I think it would say somewhere else if it was a hearts on fire.

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It is the Canadia brand. Mined, cut and polished in Canada. We are also a Canadia dealer that's how I know :)

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sorry, the maple leaf is in front of a "NWT" number not the AGS number.

Rook

Shiny_Rock
See "www.canadia.com"

canucknewbie

Rough_Rock
Hi Steve,

Could it be possible that AGS has used the same serial number as it was in the millions and may not have been used yet and had just been certified on Dec 10/02 according to the certificate?

Thanks

Chris

canucknewbie

Rough_Rock
Thanks rook,

Will do some reading on a new site

Chris

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
Hi Chris,

I recently bought a diamond here from a jeweler in Vancouver also. My diamond has the maple leaf inscription along with the AGS cert number like you mentioned. It also came with a certificate stating that it was mined in NWT and polished and cut in BC. So, therefore, I think the diamond was mined and cut/polished in Canada and sent to the AGS for certification.

Laurie

P.S. Who is appraising your diamond? I need to have my diamond appraised also. Thanks....

canucknewbie

Rough_Rock
Hi Laurie,

The only problem was that I didn't get a certificate from the jeweller about the NWT and where the cutting was done. But this makes sense and I will inquire about it from the store that I bought it from.

As for...

P.S. Who is appraising your diamond? I need to have my diamond appraised also. Thanks....
----------------

I am going to Jeanette Johnson 685-8319 who was recommended from a friend who is in the business and has nothing to do with the store I bought it from. She seems to be both knowledgable and personable. She is on Granville St and will be seeing her later today.

Cheers
Chris

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
Hi Chris,

How did the appraisal go? I am actually going to see Jeanne Johnson on Friday also!! What kind of documentation did she do for you? I just got her name from a local goldsmith that is making my setting. It's better than choosing randomly from the yellow pages. But do u know what's weird? MOST of the appraisers are in that building...but all on different floors. Why's that? (equipment, etc?) I hope they're not in cahoots with each other just in case I/you need a second opinion!! :bigsmile: Oh, did she appraise diamond first and then ask for your cert for comparison?

Laurie

canucknewbie

Rough_Rock
Hi Laurie,

Appraisal went well. Came in at what I thought it would from my investigation which is a sigh of relief and put on insurance right away. Never thought about getting it checked first before providing the AGS certificate. All I received was the appraised price certificate for insurance purposes but didn't expect much more for the price. She seemed extremely knowledgable both on the phone and in person.

Checked out your threads and it looks like you purchased a very nice diamond. Congrats

Hope all goes well.

Chris

PS ask how she is enjoying her new car (miata) as she was going to be picking it up later that day that I was there

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
Hi Chris,

My appraisal today with Jeanne Johnson went well also. I agree with you that she is very knowledgable and personable. She confirmed all the specs on the AGS certificate for me but thought it should be VS2 instead of AGS' grade of SI1. I will bring my completed ring to her after and have her appraise it again.

Laurie

P.S. She thought it was cute when I asked her about her Miata! ;)) She also thinks you're a great guy! LOL...I'm sure your fiancee thinks so too! :bigsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results