shape
carat
color
clarity

? AGS cert

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JC106

Rough_Rock
The stone I am looking at has a legit GIA cert and has a small piece of paper detailing the cut as an AGS 0 including all the angles and percentages. I don't have any reason to doubt this as being legit, but what official documentation should I expect regarding the stone's AGS status? Thanks!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
This is most probably Sarin report in AGS format. It is not AGS certificate.

This is very normal and you shouldn't be concerned.

GIA report doesn't show crown and pavilion angles so you can get them from Sarin report. Could you post the measurements here?

JC106

Rough_Rock
sure, here are the numbers:

Round 1.32ct
E, SI2, med blue Flor
table 57%, depth 61.2%, pavillion 40.9 deg, crown 34.3 deg
excellent polish, excellent finish
AGS 0

JC106

Rough_Rock
I hope that is what she says. I'm headed to go pick it up now. Any recs on an independent appraiser in Boston?:love:

JC106

Rough_Rock
Leonid, pricescope rocks (no pun intended). This forum and the site in general has been extremely helpful. cheers!:wavey:

deanb

Rough_Rock
JC- congrats- 2 questions for you- where did you purchase and how was the experience? I'm in Providence, and am beginning my search...
thanks,
db

JC106

Rough_Rock
Dean,
I did a lot of research on the internet and ended up buying in Boston. I went to many stores in Downton Boston (a quasi diamond district) and finally found a stone at a store called Robinson's. They've been in business >100 yrs. Timing was an issue for me and also, even though the internet was helpful, I just had to see the stone in person. Email me and I can give you more specifics. ([email protected]).
JC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results