shape
carat
color
clarity

AGS ASET driving me insane. Is it as bad as it looks

Medphysdave

Rough_Rock
I decided to start a new thread since this info may be useful to others.

Does it make sense to have a "sloppy" AGS ASET with otherwise nice looking idealscope, H&A, and cut specs???

I'm staring to think I made a mistake and should have gone with the BGD blue. I'm not sure how I kept glossing over this image. The agonizing never ends. :wall:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3565116.htm#

WF I/VS2
Depth % 61.5
Table % 55.2
Crown Angle 34.9
Star 52.0
Pavilion Angle 40.8
Crown % 15.6
Pavilian% 43
Lower Girdle % 77.0

screenshot_2015-12-24_17.png

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very nice stone!.. ;))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stop agonizing. That stone is gorgeous and the differences are not going to be eye visible. Seriously.

I think it was Ame's comments that sent you into a tizzy.

I know you are new here so let me explain something to you. Even among Pricescopers who are decidedly picky bunch, or Ame is unique. She is by far one of our most picky posters, focusing on things that can only be perceived with a loupe. I mean that in the best way, she's an aset as she notices things other do not. But I want you take her comments with a grain of salt and not allow them to worry you. Your stone is truly lovely.

Medphysdave

Rough_Rock
Thank you

I think my biggest mistake was watching the video of someones CTO crafted by infinity stone. It is amazing. She said "Wow! that's really nice!" I thought, Oh no, what have I done. haha.

I'll leave it alone. As much as I complain about diamonds and what not. I can spend more if I need to. She deserves a fabulous stone, so I just want to be sure.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
real aset image trumps computer generated one
Even without seeing a real aset image for the stone I would discount the accuracy of the generated one.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You don't even go by the ASET on the AGS report because it is computer generated (if you have an actual ASET image). Look at the one on the Whiteflash site and you will see that the ASET is excellent. The video of the stone is excellent. It is obvious a very near miss from being ACA, and I can pretty much promise you that most of us would not be able to select this one out of a row of same color/clarity/size ACAs.

(I was typing when Karl responded...saying the same thing!)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you got a great stone from WF as well! I have personally bought many diamonds from WF and found their customer service to be top notch. Also, their upgrade policy is great if you choose to use it in the future!

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Karl_K|1451008305|3965967 said:
real aset image trumps computer generated one
Even without seeing a real aset image for the stone I would discount the accuracy of the generated one.
Bewm.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh man, you're looking at things on my micro-tiny level and that's not a good thing in this instance. Leave that "atomic level" crap to me, please!

Please don't second guess yourself on something I said here when you were trying to decide between those two stones, and definitely don't compare a WF ES stone to a CBI. They will never compare. Not many stones even would in the first place. You made the best choice for yourself and your budget and what made you buy this over that BGD Blue was the clarity and the fluorescence--not the cutting. You were concerned about the SI clarity and whether your fiance would be worried about fluorescence in the stone. I even said in that thread the ASET issues I saw could have been a matter of photography--as in the stone was not seated properly in the tray. I was looking at WF's images--not the ones on the Report--because I know the ones on the report are inaccurate.

If you keep parsing things with this stone vs others that could have been, you're going to drive yourself nuts. There will ALWAYS be stones coming into the fray that will make you "rethink" things, and you can't keep looking at others.

But on that note:
Hmm am I am "aset" or an "asset"? :naughty:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1450999386|3965932 said:
Stop agonizing. That stone is gorgeous and the differences are not going to be eye visible. Seriously.

I think it was Ame's comments that sent you into a tizzy.

I know you are new here so let me explain something to you. Even among Pricescopers who are decidedly picky bunch, or Ame is unique. She is by far one of our most picky posters, focusing on things that can only be perceived with a loupe. I mean that in the best way, she's an aset as she notices things other do not. But I want you take her comments with a grain of salt and not allow them to worry you. Your stone is truly lovely.
Sub atomic level.

lol an aset. :naughty:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freudian slip?? :Up_to_something:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would be a sloppy one. Really bulbous in the middle.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1451150974|3966439 said:
I would be a sloppy one. Really bulbous in the middle.

lol jokes only psers would understand!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone, ASET on WF site looks picture perfect. It's SO easy to get obsessed with images and numbers, but honest you have a rockin' diamond. Now all you have to do is enjoy the light show when it arrives :naughty: .

Medphysdave

Rough_Rock
Thank you. I thought the hard part was over, but now we are shopping settings together.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Medphysdave said:
Thank you. I thought the hard part was over, but now we are shopping settings together.

Oh yeah....don't even get me started on settings!! Enjoy the collaboration, it should be fun, fun, fun. ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results