shape
carat
color
clarity

Agriculture

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read this piece on a resurgence of stem rust in wheat crops in Africa, with potential for a worldwide epidemic. I found it disturbing, especially since last year, as the DH and I drove outside the city to visit his aunt and uncle, we drove by some genuinely sickly looking wheat fields. I''m no farmer, but around these parts, you''re never far from the rural areas and even city people feel a bit more connected to agriculture, and usually know what good wheat looks like. It was thin and looked rusty instead of golden. Some of it was due I think, to some newer strains, but most of it was some sort of blight. The fields of gold waving in the wind were surely not evident. I did some checking of my suspicions this morning, and part of Oklahoma is in the most severe level of drought. It looks like Texas is being hit hard also. God help up if the droughts meet up in the middle....

I just thought I''d post this, since both issues should be of concern, and I doubt anyone outside of the primarily agricultural states really hears much about this. When you look at the land out here, it does explain a bit why the people here in the middle of the country are like they are. I believe very strongly that people are shaped very much by the environment they find themselves in. The central plains are some tough conditions at all times...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks MZ! I read that today. Honestly, it''s just pretty darn scary.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results