shape
carat
color
clarity

Aglaia Diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Homer

Rough_Rock
What is the word on Aglaia diamonds? Is this just another brand of H&A? How do they compare to EightStar diamonds?
The broker I am working with had the Aglaia rep bring one in, with the following specs: 1.42 carats, 7.22-7.28-4.43, 55% table, 34.1 degree crown angle, 40.6% pavilion angle, 1.0-1.9 faceted girdle, depth 61.1% (I forgot to get the crown height and pavilition depth), ideal on cut, polish and symmetry, no culet, no florescense. The broker ran it on his BrillianceScope and it came in very high (low end) for white light, very high (low end) for colored light, and high (middle) for scintilation. Price is $9300. Is this a good deal?

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Steve,Is that website for non-trade members?lawmax

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Homer,Aglaia is a branded hearts and arrows diamond. I'm sure they are beautiful and come with a neat marketing package, although of course once your diamond is mounted you can't do much with the viewer, etc.Did you like the color and clarity? If you do, that's great! Some people wouldn't like I color. Is it truly eye-clean? If yes, great too. There are so many factors that go into deciding what diamond a person prefers.Have you run a search on pricescope? This may give you a better idea about prices. The superbcert diamonds sold by USACerteddiamonds and the A Cut Above diamonds sold by Whiteflash are the only branded hearts and arrows listed on pricescope-both brands are exquisite at very good prices.Have a look at the tutorial and video here on pricescope. You will learn more about how to buy a beautiful diamond. You can also use the Cut Adviser to find a diamond that scores very high in beauty. You may very well find some that don't come with a price premium.Why do you ask about EightStar? Are you considering one? They are in a class by themselves-different cutting methodology/philosophy. They may score similarly on the Brilliancescope to Aglaia from what I've been told, except that they consistently score the highest for colored light. They are more expensive than most, though many have decided they wanted to give up some of the other Cs or just spend more for the Eightstars. The more time people spend with them, the more they seem to like them. If you want to see one, even if you don't want to buy, you can go to www.eightstar.com and send an email to inquire about your nearest dealer. They will work with you, and Richard, the company's president, is a very kind person who gladly answers consumer questions.Good luck and let us know how things go. There are lots of beautiful diamonds out there. You just have to take the time to see a variety and decide which is right for you.
smile.gif
lawmax

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Aglaia is another branded "hearts and arrow" diamond. They are nice diamonds, but no better than A Cut Above, Hearts on Fire, SuberbCert, Artisans, Etc. Only an Eightstar is better in my opinion.The Aglaia can a little more expensive than most H&A, and can be bought online from the company(or someone in the co.). It is not from the Aglaia site, but another url I've seen.I'll be happy to give you the url VIA email if you like.Also remember the makers of the BrillianceScope(Gemex) say that it has a +/- of 5%. So if two diamonds are near each other in testing, you may not have a clear winner using this machine. It is a good indicator and selling tool, but not a yes or no answer to quality of light return.------------------

Homer

Rough_Rock
Sorry this came through twice; it said the first time it did not go through. Also, I forgot to mention, clarity is SI2 and color is I.

Emrldforher

Rough_Rock
FYI. AGLAIA issued a press release on Thursday of last week announcing their website url. I believe it is www.aglaia1999.com . I have had problems viewing it this morning.E

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi E,
wavey.gif
That website seems to have some problems-I pity those on dial-up...That's some piece of marketing...lawmax

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Go for the stone on its cut quality.
Cant vouch for the price, but you can do your own search on pricescope.
This is the cut adviser rating - very high!!!
Brilliance Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 0.7 - Excellent - within TIC range.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results