shape
carat
color
clarity

AGA vs AGS for ideal cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Search_Diamond

Rough_Rock
Is the AGA standard for the ideal cut simply tighter proportions than the AGS? I ask this in order to better assess what proportions I should use in finding a diamond that trully falls within the Ideal Cut as agreed by the "industry" as a whole.

Caratz

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 4/24/2003 4:24:35 PM Search_Diamond wrote:

Is the AGA standard for the ideal cut simply tighter proportions than the AGS? I ask this in order to better assess what proportions I should use in finding a diamond that trully falls within the Ideal Cut as agreed by the "industry" as a whole.
----------------

Rather than think just in terms of numbers, I think it might be more helpful to think in terms of what type of effect you want to see. Do you want to maximize dispersion (color)? Or do you prefer to maximize brilliance (white light)? How you answer that question will determine what numbers are really right for you.

Search_Diamond

Rough_Rock
Since I am unsure. I am assuming a balance of both color and light

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I have found the AGA "1A" category to have "tighter" proportions than the AGS "0" category.

If you augment either of these category profiles with actual optical analysis' (IdealScope, BrillianceScope, DiamCalc), you can't go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results