shape
carat
color
clarity

After a few rounds - i bought a dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a website that has various bustles and photos. But, i do believe you can pull off the french bustle! I think we need a "show us your bustle" topic
2.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! And what a good deal too!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Congratulations!
36.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you lanie and Tuckins1!
35.gif

Beachrunner - that was helpful for sure! you are right about the "show me your bustle" thread - i think that would help me out tremendously
28.gif
thanks for the weblink!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 3:10:57 AM
Author: violet3
Jstarfeb - thank you! i think you liked the silver maggie (and i did too) but this one just won my heart over and felt really ''me'' when i was trying it on. I really appreciated your honest advice about your quest for your dress and how to stay true to yourself while dress hunting (and i did) - thank you!

Aww, thanks! Yeah, I remember the silver Maggie! And speaking of staying true to oneself, I think it''s funny that we''re doing opposite things to our dresses. You''re taking off the halter strap and I''m adding one! (Maybe I should ask you to send me your cut-off strap...LOL!) But while I normally like the non-strapless look, I have to agree that the strapless look of this dress is quite elegant, while the halter looks a bit awkward.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 1:14:30 AM
Author: jstarfireb

Date: 2/28/2009 3:10:57 AM
Author: violet3
Jstarfeb - thank you! i think you liked the silver maggie (and i did too) but this one just won my heart over and felt really ''me'' when i was trying it on. I really appreciated your honest advice about your quest for your dress and how to stay true to yourself while dress hunting (and i did) - thank you!

Aww, thanks! Yeah, I remember the silver Maggie! And speaking of staying true to oneself, I think it''s funny that we''re doing opposite things to our dresses. You''re taking off the halter strap and I''m adding one! (Maybe I should ask you to send me your cut-off strap...LOL!) But while I normally like the non-strapless look, I have to agree that the strapless look of this dress is quite elegant, while the halter looks a bit awkward.
Jstar - i love the halter look for your new dress (you are right, i should send you mine - ha!). I remember your first dress, because i had earmarked it for myself when i thought i was getting married in warmer weather. Your new dress is gorgeous on you though, and i think with your alterations, it will really be a uniquely beautiful dress. When will it be done?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me ask you ladies a question....my mom didn''t like this dress as much as certain others. She actually said it wasn''t very flattering on me because of the pleating/ruching on it - i feel exactly the opposite about this dress. I thought it was one of THE most flattering dresses i had tried on for my figure....some others REALLY weren''t.

I took my sister and one bridesmaid back to see it with me because i felt like i might be losing my mind and i wasn''t really seeing what i thought i was seeing. Well, they also loved it - really really loved it. They thought it was unique and flattering and very "me." But even after we had purchased it and my mom came over later that night, she was looking at pictures from the day and giving very positive feedback about OTHER dresses i didn''t buy (all of which i posted pictures of for you ladies). When i asked her if she liked the one i bought just as much, she was sort of silent....
33.gif

Well, i don''t really mind if my mom doesn''t really agree with me (since we typically DON''T) on fashion anyway. I just wanted to make sure you all didn''t think i bought a dress that was particularly unflattering to my figure, as your feedback earlier seemed to lean heavily TOWARD this dress. I am trying not to let her (slightly mean and dissapointing) response to my dress ruin my thoughts about the dress buying experience overall.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Violet it''s just beautiful!! It was my favorite of all the dresses you tried on!!!

Congrats my dear!!! Your going to make a lovely bride
9.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ams! i am going over to check out yours right now!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry Violet''s mother, I''m going to respectfully disagree with you
3.gif

While some of the other''s looked great on you (ie: The Maggie with the wonderful beading, yum), the dress you picked is IT. It looks wonderful on you, hugs you in all the right places making your waist look TINY! Ultimately, it''s YOUR decision, don''t let you Mom make you second guess your drses!

Believe me, you look amazing in it!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 12:33:50 PM
Author: BeachRunner
3.gif

While some of the other''s looked great on you (ie: The Maggie with the wonderful beading, yum), the dress you picked is IT. It looks wonderful on you, hugs you in all the right places making your waist look TINY! Ultimately, it''s YOUR decision, don''t let you Mom make you second guess your drses!

DRESS too
2.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2009 12:34:35 PM

Date: 3/2/2009 12:33:50 PM
3.gif

DRESS too
2.gif
thank you so much beach runner - that mkes me feel so much better
1.gif

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
If I remember correctly, this dress wasn''t my #1 choice for you either, but that doesn''t mean that it''s not YOUR favorite. You look absolutely stunning in it, and if you and your mom have different fashion sense, she might not agree. But the most important thing is that YOU feel AMAZING in this dress. YOU should feel the most beautiful you''ve ever felt in your wedding dress, and if this is what does it for you, you are very lucky indeed!!

I can''t believe your mother even said anything of the sort to you!
6.gif

I don''t think my mom was sure about my dress either, but to be fair, she hasn''t seen it in person. The day I went dress shopping she was so sick with a virus that she couldn''t get out of bed. It sort of breaks my heart that my mother wasn''t there, but I will make sure that when I go for my fittings she is the only one with me.

Didn''t mean to turn the conversation to me, I just want to reassure you that it doesn''t really matter what anyone else thinks, even your mom, as long as you feel beautiful.. and even though I can''t see your face in those pics, I can tell by the way you carried yourself that you loved it. That is what matters!!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2009 1:11:20 PM
Author: KatyWI
If I remember correctly, this dress wasn''t my #1 choice for you either, but that doesn''t mean that it''s not YOUR favorite. You look absolutely stunning in it, and if you and your mom have different fashion sense, she might not agree. But the most important thing is that YOU feel AMAZING in this dress. YOU should feel the most beautiful you''ve ever felt in your wedding dress, and if this is what does it for you, you are very lucky indeed!!

I can''t believe your mother even said anything of the sort to you!
6.gif

I don''t think my mom was sure about my dress either, but to be fair, she hasn''t seen it in person. The day I went dress shopping she was so sick with a virus that she couldn''t get out of bed. It sort of breaks my heart that my mother wasn''t there, but I will make sure that when I go for my fittings she is the only one with me.

Didn''t mean to turn the conversation to me, I just want to reassure you that it doesn''t really matter what anyone else thinks, even your mom, as long as you feel beautiful.. and even though I can''t see your face in those pics, I can tell by the way you carried yourself that you loved it. That is what matters!!!
Thanks KatyWI! I am sorry your mom wasn''t able to come shopping with you....but i bet when she comes along for fittings she''s gonna love that beautiful pronovias gown on you.

I appreciate your honesty, and i agree - i didn''t think she had to like the gown more than any of the others, but i could''ve used a less critical view of it, for sure
38.gif
i am a little sensitive to begin with
emembarrassed.gif
Anyway, you are right about the way i was carrying myself - i do love it! thanks for the vote of confidence
1.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
It looks great on you! Congrats!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks kelli!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results