shape
carat
color
clarity

After a few rounds - i bought a dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes ladies, I bought my dress! A great many of you were very helpful in giving your opinions on my dresses, and i really appreciate it! Many of you also voted for this dress, so i thought you''d like to know what i picked....

It''s a Mori Lee and i think it''s very unique and flattering - i''ve posted it a couple of times, but today my sister came down to see it because i really wanted her opinion on it, and she loved it too. So, since it was such a great price and a discontinued style, we decided to buy it! I am very happy to have found something i really like (both front and back) and that is really comfortable and will need minimal alterations. it has a beautiful, small train, and minimal beading on the front, which i love.

I have tried on a TON of dresses, and there were some others i liked, but i just kept coming back to this one...i will post all the pictures i have while i am here. I also got a really great deal on the dress, since it was my size and discontinued - it was less than $200!!! Overall, i am very happy with my purchase, and i really think the dress is very "me," and my sister and bridesmaid agreed.

I hope you like it too - thanks for looking - and thanks for all your help!

morileefront6101.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the back....

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Less than $200 for that gorgeous dress! I''m so happy for you! A beautiful gown and a steal to boot! You must be so excited.
9.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooooppppssss....sorry!

backmorilee6101.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
a closer picture of the little train...i think it will be pretty when bustled!!!

trainmorilee6101.jpg

islandgirl16

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! I am so excited for you.... Your gown is perfect, I love it.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An upclose of the bodice....

bodicemorilee6101.jpg

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Yay Violet !!! You can''t beat that price either! Do you know how you are going to do the bustle??

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Oooh now that I see the back I think that was my favorite on you! I was too lazy to go back and see how I had voted but I really love how the folds in the fabric accentuate your shape. Truly lovely! Just enough beading for some sparkle without it being over the top.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A side (not very clear) view....

sidemorilee6101.jpg

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 12:31:15 AM
Author: BeachRunner
Yay Violet !!! You can''t beat that price either! Do you know how you are going to do the bustle??

Duh, after thinking about the bustle for a minute, you''d have to do a french bustle or you would lose all the gorgeous detail on your train.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 12:32:18 AM
Author: Clairitek
Oooh now that I see the back I think that was my favorite on you! I was too lazy to go back and see how I had voted but I really love how the folds in the fabric accentuate your shape. Truly lovely! Just enough beading for some sparkle without it being over the top.

Ditto! Not sure if this was one of the ones I liked best, but it really looks nice, and you just can''t beat that price.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Yay Violet! That''s wonderful!
Beautiful gown and such a GREAT deal! Can''t beat that, right?!!
Congrats on finding a dress!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another not so good one of me taking a picture of me....

metakingmorilee6101.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is what the halter strap looks like - i am having it removed....

mymorileewithstrap.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a close up of the back - i L
30.gif
VE the back!

closeupbackmorilee101.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely!! Congratulations!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
It''s such a gorgeous dress, and incredibly flattering on you!!!

And less than $200?!!?! I am falling over from jealousy!! :)

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2009 12:18:05 AM
Author: Clairitek
Less than $200 for that gorgeous dress! I''m so happy for you! A beautiful gown and a steal to boot! You must be so excited.
9.gif
Thankyou Clairitek!!! I felt a little silly posting how much the dress was
emembarrassed.gif
but i was sort of proud of myself for finding a great deal - i have just tried on so many dresses. this was one i really liked early on, and i was so glad to see i kept liking it throughout the process - i am really happy with my decision!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you IslandGirl - i appreciate your opinions both before and now!

Jstarfeb - thank you! i think you liked the silver maggie (and i did too) but this one just won my heart over and felt really "me" when i was trying it on. I really appreciated your honest advice about your quest for your dress and how to stay true to yourself while dress hunting (and i did) - thank you!

Oh beachrunner! I thought of you today when i was at the one store with the Mori Lee dresses - have you made a decision??? thanks for your kind words - about the bustle....i guess i am confused
33.gif
I think i would do a traditional bustle so i don't lose the detail on the train - isn't the french where you fold the top over the bottom??? correct me if i am wrong (since i know nothing).

Sparkalicious - thanks so much - the price...amazing!!! i cannot cannot wait to see the pics of your custom dress - i am sure it is going to be a knockout!

thank you very much Bee - thanks for responding to all my threads.....i can't wait to see pictures of you in that GORGEOUS anjolique dress -
36.gif

Oh, KatyWI - thank you! thanks for taking the time to follow my story - it was so helpful! About the price...it's wild, huh? i just happened to find this dress near to where i live. I have no idea why it was so reasonable, but it was discontinued and therefore on clearance - and i loved it. I actually found the dress back in the end of october, and i tried it on but was afraid to buy so early...i kept coming back to it and my sister and my bridesmaid finally sealed the deal by agreeing with me...i feel really lucky!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress congrats on finding the one and for a fantastic price which is just the icing on the cake :D. It looks lovely on you :D.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Deelight!!!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
It''s perfect! And what a deal! I just ADORE the back! Congrats!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
That dress does amazing things to your figure! Love the back of it! And you just can''t beat that price!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Love the back! It looks really great on you and what a great deal!! Lucky girl!
36.gif

For someone reason I want to sing the Miss Mary Mack everytime I see the dress and the buttons down the back. hehe. Now it will be stuck inmy head all day.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Violet I don''t know about the bustle, I''m confusing myself. But I think either way you do it, you can salvage the beautiful work at the bottom.
33.gif

I LOVE how the buttons go all the way down! As for me and my Mori Lee''s, I''ve still only tried on the one gown, and if our plans go through with the beach destination wedding, I think I''ll get the 2181. So, we''ll see.

pan_manda

Rough_Rock
Congratulations Violet!!! I know it''s been a process and I think you made a great choice! I love it.... you will look gorgeous!

And what a steal!

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Oh how I love this dress..! It''s super classy and elegant. Congrats on picking the perfect dress!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
facetfire - i appreciate the words of advice in the other thread and the kind words now - thank you!

Thanks Laurenthepartier!

Definitely Maybe
- thanks - you made me giggle with that mary mack song
9.gif

I can''t wait to see you in the 2181 Beachrunner! I think it''s going to be perfect on you - you definitely have the figure for it!

re: the bustle...I definitely prefer the french bustle (where the train is tucked under the back of the dress) to the traditional (where the train is picked up and laid on top of the back of the dress). But my sister thought we''d have to do the regular bustle so the train will show....i''ll have to talk to a seamstress, huh? anyone else out there - thoughts on this????

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you PearlDahhhling and Pan Manda! (and thank you for indulging me so many times before and giving your advice over and over)!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results