shape
carat
color
clarity

Affordable Reception in Italy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lindsay

Rough_Rock
My fiance and I would like to marry in Italy, the country where we first met during college. The wedding ceremony options appear affordable (under $3k easily) but the receptions are all at least $70 per person. We would ideally like to find a restaurant that could host a casual reception (dinner and drinks only--no dancing) for about 25-30 people at no more than $50 per person. Does anyone have venue suggestions or creative ideas for an Italy reception?

Thanks!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Where there''s a will, there''s a way.
When we got married, I looked into it but I could not figure out how to pull it off without spending a bunch of money.

Good Luck!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know... there have to be people you can call for this information. A bit weird... but I might call Food TV and as to talk to someone that works with one of the itallian chefs they have on TV (Mario, Gina... OR even Rachael.. ,she does forty dollars a day)... and I''d ask them for resaurant recommendations. They would know who has the best food... and what the prices are....

But then... I''m crazy. But that''s what I would do.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Do you know where you're going to be married? I'd suggest finding the ceremony site, and then asking the locals what they'd recommend. Call around to restaurants within walking distance (to avoid any travel confusion) and see what their price per person is. Have you looked into places for your guests to stay? Perhaps the restaurant inside the hotel (if one exists) is nice.

If you're only going to have 25-30 people and the restaurant is prepared, everyone could order what they want and with wine, I'm sure you come in under $50 a person, depending on the restaurant. My father married my stepmother in Vegas and had around 20 guests. We went to a steakhouse in the hotel they were married in after the ceremony and everyone ordered what they wanted. It worked out really well!

HTH!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, if you could give us an idea of where you want to get married, it would be easier to check out some options for you...

Lindsay

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the great suggestions! We''re thinking northern Italy either around the Cinque Terre or the northern lakes. Venice is an option too, but its our 3rd choice.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, I can''t help you much there, as I didn''t go to Cinque Terre. I did go to Venice, but never had a stellar meal there.

When I go to a place, I like to start research on the fodors message boards. http://fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=2 You can do a search for "Cinque Terre restaurants" and start reading. I did a quick search and found some interesting suggestions. If something looks particulary good, I go to www.tripadvisor.com for more indepth reviews. This method has not led me astray yet. Also you can start your own thread asking for help...fodorites love a good challenge...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results