shape
carat
color
clarity

AF.. where are you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Well, Aunt Flo should of paid me a visit 6 days ago and she has yet to show up?

I am usually like clockwork so after 3 days I purchased an early pregnancy test. It said that it could be taken 14 days after conception or on the first day that I should have had AF. It came back negative, clear as day.

Considering I still haven''t got AF should I buy another test? Is there a chance that my result was a false negative?

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Well, when I took my first pregnancy test it was negative. But 4 days later when the symptoms I was feeling wouldn''t go away and on what would have been day one of AF I took another test and it was positive. Don''t mean to alarm you but it happens. However, your cycle could be interrupted for a wide range of reasons so you may just be late. Just to be sure, I would get another 2 for one test and check at a later date. Hope you get whatever response it is that you would like to get!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Either one is possible. You could have had delayed ovulation this month . . . was there anything stressful or unusual going on when you should have ovulated, were you sick, or were you exercising a lot, etc.? If you ovulated late, then your period will be late.

On the other hand, to put your mind at ease, I''d take another test now. If your period is 6 days late and the cause is pregnancy, then you''d very likely get a positive by now.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
I would just take another one to put your mind at ease. I also took a test around when my period was due and it came back neg. About a week later i took one again when period still hadn''t shown up and i got a positive.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everyone is different and so are most tests (some more sensitive than others). Mine came up positive the day after AF was due!

You took the test in the morning, right? Maybe wait another week and just try refraining from alcohol or too much caffeine until then.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I''d take another test.

In March, I took one test around 2 in the afternoon--negative.

Took another test at 9 p.m. that same night--positive.

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
I agree. It could be a false negative. Some women do not build up hcg in their urine which delays a positive reading.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the others - get another test and try again. I had several negative tests after my period was late, and I was indeed pregnant. I asked my doctor about it when I tested positive at her office, and she said it was because I wasn''t very far along - I think I was around 5 or 6 weeks at the time. Good luck!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I purchased another test and got AF before I could take it.. It is probably for the best, thank you for all the responses
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results