shape
carat
color
clarity

Adwar ... casting companies....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
For any of you (vendor''s experiences welcome) who have worked with Adwar or other casting company with stock mountings.
1.What are the other companies... and do they have online catalogs as well (linky??)
2. Can you ask the jeweler you are working with to get you a larger/ better picture from the company of whatever it is you are looking at... or are you stuck guessing the details from the little TINY pic the catalog pictures?
3. Who has the best Melee? WF?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
1: My settings guy has catalogs from a dozen or more of them. dont have the links. I assume you know of stullers.
2: usualy better pictures are not easily available I have found.
3: pretty much anyone can get premium melee there is no real advantage to h&a under .15 but most of the premium stuff seems to come out as near h&a to h&a. Using an IS to select them is plenty good enough.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey Gypsy,

Not to hijack thread, but I was searching your old thread on the dreamy setting with the halo....did you end up getting it or are you still looking? When I was trying to get a setting for my mom''s ring, I looked the catalogs...after squinting at about a zillion pics (and not understanding the captions/process at all) I gave up. I thought stueller had a good catalogue though....

You''ve probably been there, but in any case:

http://www.stuller.com/public/catalog.aspx?categoryID=bb4bc898-5bbc-4dd3-9164-2b42c02f187a

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 3:23:29 PM
Author:Gypsy
For any of you (vendor''s experiences welcome) who have worked with Adwar or other casting company with stock mountings.
1.What are the other companies... and do they have online catalogs as well (linky??)
2. Can you ask the jeweler you are working with to get you a larger/ better picture from the company of whatever it is you are looking at... or are you stuck guessing the details from the little TINY pic the catalog pictures?
3. Who has the best Melee? WF?
1. Stuller (as everyone else mentioned)
2. Not Sure
3. I own an e-ring, wedding band, and halo necklace with WF''s ACA melee and it is absolutely the best looking little diamonds I have ever seen!

My halo necklace was a product from the Adwar Casting Company and I have been very pleased with the piece. Here''s my thread with pictures: here

Here''s the cast:

JellyPendantCastAA.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the finished product with ACA melee.

JellyPendantAAAb.jpg

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
1 - Stuller, Adwar, Unique Settings of New York, Rio Grande, A&A Jewelry all come to mind.

2 - Not usually. We work with those tiny pictures too :) But when a jeweler looks at that tiny picture or picture of a wax, they can easily tell what the end product will look like, I know it''s hard for consumers to visualize it sometimes. Unique Settings of NY has a really nice catalog, not sure if any of it''s online but they show pictures of everything finished with photos. You might try and find a jeweler with that catalog and ask to flip through it.

3 - The best melee stones comes from the best paying jewelers ;-) Honestly melee diamonds come from everywhere and top quality goods are easily found by anyone who knows where to look. Not every diamond "wholesaler" has a huge selection of 5ct+ VS diamonds, but most of them carry melees in all qualities and pricepoints.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Storm!

Hi Ally... nope Life and Finances interfered with my setting plans. I''ll check stuller out... thanks for the link!

Hi Jelly. BEAUTIFUL pendant . So it comes out as nice as a stock setting? All polished and even and not all funny? Great.

Adlyon-- thanks so muc I went to the unique settings of NY site... good online catalog with bigger pics you can really look at. they didn''t have what I''m looking for but I will keep looking though the ones you posted. Thanks so much for the help and advice! Best paying jewelers. LOL. Okay.

2.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
gypsy - adwar has the most catalogs online to browse. If you go to a store they might have a catalog ot see in person, I went to a place in Berkeley a while ago that had a spiral book w/the current adwar catalog...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results