shape
carat
color
clarity

Advise on the cuts of the diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

harrison

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I have been looking around a ring for my girlfriend. I found a stone which costs $10000 even. What do you think about this stone and its price?

GIA (round shape)
Measurements: 6.96 x 7.01 x 4.31
Carat: 1.27
Color: F
Clr: IF
Depth: 61.7
Table: 58
Gdl: Medium,
Cul: N
Pol: EX
Sym: VG
Flr: N
Crown ang: 35%
Pavillion ang: 41.5%
Based on the information that I 've researched on the internet,the cut of this diamond is premium not Ideal(table,depth wise). However, it sêems to me that its measurement is not really propotionate with its carat. If I'm right then I wonder it this factor would affect this diamond in any way (less value or less brilliance).
How do I know if a diamond has hearts and arrows with just the GIA Certificate ( without the help of equipment). The jewelry seller told me that if the report says Excelent for both Polish and Symetry, and the table plus the depth stay within the ideal range then that diamond will have hearts and arrows . Is it true???

Any advise is greatly appreciated (a.s.a.p please)

:confused:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
How do I know if a diamond has hearts and arrows with just the GIA Certificate ( without the help of equipment). The jewelry seller told me that if the report says Excelent for both Polish and Symetry, and the table plus the depth stay within the ideal range then that diamond will have hearts and arrows . Is it true???

?[/u]

star

Rough_Rock
You are very generous to be willing to spend that much money on a ring for your love. When purchasing a diamond of such high quality you should keep in mind that like uncirculated coins, these diamonds belong in vaults. Why not go a grade or two lower and buy something in the VVS1/VVS2 clarity category with an E color? That way you will spend just as much and have something larger and you won't have to worry about the fact that she will be wearing what really is an investment quality gem that may belong in a vault.:-o

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results