shape
carat
color
clarity

Advise on a colored diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamonddubai

Rough_Rock

Hi all,

It is my first post in this forum but i have been reading all threads for over a month now and I realized that i can get good advice on my purchace.

I am considering to purchase the following Diamond which is GIA cert.

Oval modified Brilliant
6.23x4.60x3.78 mm
0.89 carat
Depth 82.2%
Table 60%
Girdle: Thick to very thick, faceted
Culet: none
Polish Good
Symettery Good
Clarity VVS2
Origin: Natural
Grade: Fancy Gray-Greenish yellow
Distribution: Even
Flor: Medium Blue
Comments:
Internal graining is not shown
A brown patch of color is not shown
Crown angeles are greater than 40 degrees

It is priced for USD 979, so is it worth it ?

Thanks all in advance.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Sounds very cheap to me ie too cheap - have you seen the stone? The colour maybe unpopular - sounds quite odd, but that is the only reason I can see for this stone being that price.

The girdle is also not what I would want to buy.

Do you have any pics?

diamonddubai

Rough_Rock
Hi and thanks for the comments, yes I agree that the price is cheap (I see it good for just grabing the stone if it looks good). I dont have any Pictures of the stone but I will ask for pictures.

In a nutshell, am starting to collect different stones and what attracted me in this stone is the price. I know that the cut isnt good with other factors... so let me try to get a picture of the stone if possible.

The Joker

Shiny_Rock
Interesting Diamond.
Have you seen it in person?
With Fancy Colored Diamonds, the color is the most important "C".
The greenish-Yellow sounds interesting, but I''m not sure about
the Gray modifier.
On the plus side, it does have a full color grading report from GIA.
And the price seems fair for a fancy colored diamond. If I liked
the way it looked, I wouldn''t pass it up.

Joker....

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think brown diamonds are very popular. But it could be a lovely color and you benefit from people prefering yellow or blue. Please post a photo if you buy it, I''d love to see it.

One PSer does have a Congac diamond you could do a search and check that out. But color is so variable it might look nothing like the stone you''re looking at.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 5:35:03 AM
Author:diamonddubai

Comments:
Internal graining is not shown
A brown patch of color is not shown
Crown angeles are greater than 40 degrees
Warning, warning, warning...I would definitely want to see this!!
emotion-40.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Sounds a little cheap. Also, that''s way, way, way too deep for a white oval. I don''t know if the same rules apply to colored stones or perhaps it is a typo, but, it would be a red flag for me. And the "brown patch". Maybe you can get pics.

diamonddubai

Rough_Rock
Thanks all again, I have requested pictures on the stone. I shall post it as soon as i receive it, i beilive it is the best way to judge before purchasing them.

cheers

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The diamond looks like a dirty white diamond... not fancy at all, honestly. That''s JMO of course... but really if I saw that on someones hand I''d want to clean it.

diamonddubai

Rough_Rock
I totally agree with you, if i saw it with out the certificate i wouldnt even consider asking about the price.

bujiatang

Rough_Rock
I''d pass on that stone it just looks like an oil spot of a diamond. The price is right, but it will always look like an oil smear.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results