shape
carat
color
clarity

advice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pugliems

Rough_Rock
I''m coming back to this site a month after reading its tutorial and starting my search. I''ve mostly been reading the internet and searching the jewlers/wholesalers in my hometown. I feel like a know a little but not too much. I''ve narrowed it down to two. I''m looking at princess stones. I want to optimize cut and color. Clarity just clean from the top and reasonable from the sides when up in prongs (i usually like SI1''s and i''ve liked some SI2''s). However, I''ve been able to extract that my girlfriend is more impressed w/ carat than the other C''s. So I want to find a happy compromise and the best fit. I''ld like to keep total cost in the 8000''s. With mounting in simple platinum tiffany, these are within 200$ of eachother. I''m a total novice. Any advice? One better than the other? Problems w/ both?

1) 6.86 x 6.43 x 4.76, 1.74 carats, depth 74, table 77, girdle stk to vtk, polish good, symmetry good, si1, g, no fluorescence

2) 7.16 x 6.69 x 4.44, 1.70 carats, depth 66, table 78, girdle eth to vtk, polish good, symmetry good si1, g, no fluorescence

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Princess cuts can sometimes be very tricky to gauge
by the numbers alone.

It would be a good idea to have these diamonds
examined by experts like the Rock doc and Dave Atlas.

There may even be a few threads on the subject if you search the pricescope archives.

Kirk Konst

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results