shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
My friend is going down to oregon to buy a diamond with a man you have to make appointments to see. I might be going with him and could you please give me any advice one what I should do?

I have thought about getting the diamond appraised to make sure it''s okay. Anything else I should do? Should I buy an idealscope? What steps should I take to help evaluate the diamond? Should I bring along a rappaport sheet or something to check prices?

Please give advice =)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
any return policy? if no return policy, I"d be weary? is this a diamond broker?

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
There is a return policy, I''m not sure if it''s a diamond broker or not, my friend found him somehow...

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if it were me, I'd make myself a little chart with price range, and diamond angles and other pertinent info and see if you can compare the numbers you have with the certs that he has so you can at least make and educated decision if you needed to on the spot if you don't have a laptop with wireless so you can check the stats with pricescope.... I'm sure there are others with tons of experience, but I almost went to a diamond broker to look at some diamonds, before I decided on WF and I started collecting info and putting it down on paper ( mine was for a RB or princess). maybe you can also ask to hold the diamond while you check with your pricescope friends to confirm the stats?

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Which stats should I collect, if I put the diamond on hold so I can ask lovely pricescopers =)?

Should I take a picture?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everything available?

If that is too much, copy down the report numbers and carat weight and all information should be able to find online.

If possible, get an IS image of the stone.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2009 4:04:10 PM
Author: rosebud10
Which stats should I collect, if I put the diamond on hold so I can ask lovely pricescopers =)?

Should I take a picture?
Your best bet would be to buy an ASET or Idealscope and take it with you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results