shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice Please - Would you buy this diamond?

Hetoldmenottodoit

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am looking at a ring that holds this diamond.
GIA REPORT NUMBER

Any feedback on it would be appreciated.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We can't evaluate an OEC without pictures of the faceting. Can you take a direct photo straight into the table, showing the center facets? This stone is a little on the deep side, but it could still work.

Hetoldmenottodoit

Rough_Rock
This ring is listed on 1stdibs. If you would be so kind to look at the listing, there is a straight on photo that you can enlarge on your computer screen.

Many thanks.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, that is not a particularly good OEC. That site takes a 25% commission, so never buy through that site. You can bargain more on price if you go directly through the vendor.

This seller is a well known, trustworthy PS member who is an avid collector and sometimes sells things she decides not to use herself. I don't know if this stone is still available, but it is $3000 and looks a little better cut than the one you linked. It's number 3 on the bottom left. You can also ask her if she has anything else she might part with in that price bracket.

I'll see if I see anything else that looks like a possibility.

Hetoldmenottodoit

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your information. Unfortunately, that seller will not sell overseas, so that avenue is out.
Could you please tell me what makes the first diamond "not a particularly good OEC"? Many, many thanks.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Could you please tell me what makes the first diamond "not a particularly good OEC"? Many, many thanks.

You want an OEC because you want to clearly see those chunky facets and floral pattern that they're known for. The stone you're interested in doesn't look sharp to me so at that price, I'd ask for more photos, if not a video.

Hetoldmenottodoit

Rough_Rock
Hi, are you able to access this video

I selected all of the above mumbo jumbo, put it into my search engine and was able to scroll down the page and look at the video that I requested.

Thanks for your kindness.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, are you able to access this video

Unfortunately, no. You may have requested the video from a 1stdibs account but I can't view it as I don't have an account or access.

If you love the video and the stone sings to you, have a think about it but as @diamondseeker2006 offered, there are probably better/other stones at that price bracket.

Hetoldmenottodoit

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for your importance advice. Stay well. =)2

Hetoldmenottodoit

Rough_Rock
Hello again, what would you think of this diamond and its GIA certificate please.

1606432436131.png

1606432483112.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the last stone you posted looks pretty. Any video?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results