shape
carat
color
clarity

advice on this pear?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Margarw

Rough_Rock
Im looking to for a nice pear to put in a halo setting (think firegoddess'' ring!) wow. I was hoping for a 2 carat, center, but cost is starting to change my mind a little bit. it seems like pears are a little "spreadier" so, I think a 1.59 w/ halo, may satisfy my want for a "big" ring. (I have a 2.5 three stone w/ the center as a 1.5 rb now.) Anyhow, I''ve seen pix of this stone, and it appears the bowtie is minimal. i''d like some honest advice.... gia certified..1.59, h color. 10.32 x 6.81 x 3.84. clarity vs2. polish - good, symetry good, flour - strong blue, table is 64, total depth is 56.4, grdl is med-thick, comments - pinpoints not shown, surface graining not shown (what is surface graining - what does this mean). cost is $8100.00.

Thoughts? Too much $ ??? I''m looking for something large, but GIA vs. EGL. I thought the strong blue would help w the color (h) and this may be a good stone?

I really appreciate all the feedback!!!! - Margar.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, and welcome!

With fancy shapes, we always ask to see a picture. You just can''t judge those by the numbers. It is easier to do that with rounds, but pears, ovals, and other shapes really have to have a photo.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
This may seem nitpicky to some but I don't like only good gradings for symmetry and polish. Especially when they are both only good. To me, it shows that there was not enough care taken when the stone was being cut.

Strong blue flouro. is not for everyone. I would have to see it in person to know if I liked the effect.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
strong blue fluorecensce --- oooooo!
4.gif

link to a picture?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results